HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

First Canes game

Old
10-05-2006, 12:12 PM
Game Misconduct

vCash: 500
First Canes game

Wow, Gleason played in all situations, almost 27 minutes total. And Belanger got more than 4 minutes on the PP. Interesting . . .

Game Misconduct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Matt13

-1 each

Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 12:38 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
and when you're -1 in a game that is just terrible.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 12:41 PM
Kick

Canes lose the game 3-2 in a shootout yet all 3 stars are Canes. Gleason with the 3rd star. Talk about your "homer" picks!!

Kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
and when you're -1 in a game that is just terrible.

nothing is acceptable except +5.

Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 01:41 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

I don't know about you guys, but I watched most of the game. It was nice to see Gleason and Belanger get some chances in all situations. I will say they did make a few mistakes though. Belanger looked a little lost out there on the PP. Did anyone see when he gave it up right in front of Ward on the power play and the Sabres got two quality scoring chances from it? It was nice to just sit back and watch it without having to yell at him for his stupid mistakes.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 02:13 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Gleason made a couple of horrible plays, but overall, he obviously has Laviolette's trust. I'm happy for both of those guys and can't IMAGINE what they were feeling as they stood in the RBC Center with the cup, and the banner, and the screaming fans. Had to be a sharp contrast to their more recent NHL experiences.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13 View Post
-1 each
-1 On a flukey goal that was shot from the point and deflected in off of Drury's butt.

10-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Sybil227

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
Gleason made a couple of horrible plays, but overall, he obviously has Laviolette's trust. I'm happy for both of those guys and can't IMAGINE what they were feeling as they stood in the RBC Center with the cup, and the banner, and the screaming fans. Had to be a sharp contrast to their more recent NHL experiences.
I think it'll be good for Gleason to be with the 'Canes. He's going to be making mistakes - and I'm sure the more he plays the fewer mistakes he'll make. But he's surrounded by more talent with the 'Canes than the Kings have - and they'll be better able to cover for his mistakes. It's a good situation for him, and I wish him the best.

And once he becomes really good, we'll pick him up in free agency. Along with Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin.

Sybil227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Osprey

Gleason played a very, very good game. That's what happens sometimes when show confidence in a player and put him out there in all situations. He didn't have this opportunity last season when AM pigeon-holed him as a defensive defenseman and he wasn't going to have it this season with Blake, Visnovsky and Norstrom ahead of him.

Gleason looked better to me last night than he ever did as a King. He looked to me like a #2 out there last night. Of course, there will be games when he looks like a #5, too, but he'll be learning quickly and I think that we may be surprised that his upside turns out to be a bit higher than it appeared when he was in LA.

It could be tough to watch him this season if he continues to shine like this, but we just have to remember that Johnson may very well be in a Kings jersey this time next year, so missing Gleason should be short-lived.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 07:01 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
If the Canes disappoint, people will be quick to say that Tim Gleason was no Aaron Ward, and Eric Belanger was no Matt Cullen. Honestly though, after winning the Stanley Cup, it will be very difficult for the Canes to do much BUT disappoint.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Les Ouragans

I was very pleased with both Gleason and Belanger last night, and Gleason has been the buzz everywhere (including all three hockey shows on XM today). Bill Clement said he was the best player on the ice - I don't know about that, but I liked most of what I saw.

It's very early, but I have a feeling that this may be one of those rare win-wins for both franchises.

Les Ouragans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 10:32 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13 View Post
nothing is acceptable except +5.
Don't let them off the hook like that.

Joe Corvo was +23 after the second game...that's where the bar will always be set. Until Gleason reaches that mark, he's inferior.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote