HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

jagr to the rangers edited: (RUMOR)

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2003, 02:37 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
jagr to the rangers (RUMOR NOT A TRADE)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...16_142713_6400

you have to try to get this guy. i see a
carter poti kasper
for
jagr and gonchar

Old
11-17-2003, 02:41 PM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
Oh goodie, just what the Rangers need. Another injury prone, tempermental, washed up, pampered over paid 'Star'. Yep, Glen is probably on the phone making a deal right now. It's just his kind of player.

Old
11-17-2003, 02:50 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
Agreed. Another thirty-something, disinterested, former superstar who will burden our post-CBA salary structure with an enormous longterm contract is exactly what this team cries for. After all, they've gotten us to where we are now: .500 hockey!

Gosh, Mr. Links, why can't YOU be our GM? YOU'D set this team to rights!

Old
11-17-2003, 02:56 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
I thought he was already our GM!

Old
11-17-2003, 03:28 PM
NYR469

will we ever learn??

yeah lets trade for another overpaid, lazy, underachieving player because it has worked so well in the past

Old
11-17-2003, 03:29 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
I thought he was already our GM!

Old
11-17-2003, 05:04 PM
Avery4Byng*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469

yeah lets trade for another overpaid, lazy, underachieving player because it has worked so well in the past

thats what the rangers are known for so why not?

Old
11-17-2003, 05:19 PM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Agreed. Another thirty-something, disinterested, former superstar who will burden our post-CBA salary structure with an enormous longterm contract is exactly what this team cries for. After all, they've gotten us to where we are now: .500 hockey!

Have you noticed that Jar Jar's mentality is what got this team into this trouble to begin with? He wants Jagr? WOW.

Old
11-17-2003, 06:33 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
Have you noticed that Jar Jar's mentality is what got this team into this trouble to begin with? He wants Jagr? WOW.
so i want jagr big deal. i doubt i am the only rangers fan that dreams of 68 in broadway blue. for the right price why not?

Old
11-17-2003, 08:18 PM
Mitchy

Glenjar do you ever stop and think to yourself why no one ever agrees with you and your pretty much on your own with every post?

Old
11-17-2003, 11:29 PM
LondonFan

Come on guys, its not just any old player we're talking about here...its Jaromir Jagr! Cast your mind back, he was brilliant about 8 years ago!

Old
11-18-2003, 02:57 AM
ihatenewjersey

Quote:
so i want jagr big deal. i doubt i am the only rangers fan that dreams of 68 in broadway blue. for the right price why not?
its the last year of the nhl anyway , so i say what the hell go for it

Old
11-18-2003, 04:16 AM
Fletch

If it is truly the last season of the NHL...

at least go for someone that's been lacking in New York - someone that hits hard. Somenone that plays hard. And in that same someone, someone that's under 28 and plays defense. I think I would enjoy that much more than Jagr. Being a Rangers fan, I've already gotten to see Espo, Dionne, Lafleur, Messier, Kurri, Gretzky and many others. I want to see something different.

Old
11-18-2003, 04:22 AM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonFan
Come on guys, its not just any old player we're talking about here...its Jaromir Jagr! Cast your mind back, he was brilliant about 8 years ago!
Now THAT was funny.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:55 AM
RANGER#11

Quote:
Sorry no mater what we trade for him his salary alone is not the right price. He is just not worth it.

Old
11-18-2003, 12:25 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrforever
Glenjar do you ever stop and think to yourself why no one ever agrees with you and your pretty much on your own with every post?
what do i care? i have to agree with everybody. am i allowed my own thoughts?

Old
11-18-2003, 12:44 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
what do i care? i have to agree with everybody. am i allowed my own thoughts?
Sure, as long as they conform to the rest of ours...

As for Jagr, he was a GREAT player and I guess there is some credence to the statement that he will be great once again as soon as he gets out of WASHINGTON...But in the past 6-7 years, how many players have lifted their game once they got to NY? The answer is very close to zero although Dunham is doing a good job and pluggers like Barnaby and Simon have had a rebirth..Almost everybody else, especially the Big Kahunas, fail miserably...As I think Jagr will....

And I watch alot of Caps game and I gotta say jaromir Jagr and his whining, pouting, slow-motion, tanking arse has to be the biggest emabarrassment on NHL ice...

But you know what, I think he will become a Ranger for minimal cost (both player wise and contract wise) sometime in the next few months, and some dead weight might even go the other way...But, if possible to believe, I think he will make us an even worse TEAM..

But the fun (Ha!) will be seeing if indeed that happens.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:17 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk

As for Jagr, he was a GREAT player and I guess there is some credence to the statement that he will be great once again as soon as he gets out of WASHINGTON...But in the past 6-7 years, how many players have lifted their game once they got to NY? The answer is very close to zero although Dunham is doing a good job and pluggers like Barnaby and Simon have had a rebirth..Almost everybody else, especially the Big Kahunas, fail miserably...As I think Jagr will....

And I watch alot of Caps game and I gotta say jaromir Jagr and his whining, pouting, slow-motion, tanking arse has to be the biggest emabarrassment on NHL ice...

But you know what, I think he will become a Ranger for minimal cost (both player wise and contract wise) sometime in the next few months, and some dead weight might even go the other way...But, if possible to believe, I think he will make us an even worse TEAM..

Larry Melnyk (aka Der Fuehrer)

Old
11-20-2003, 08:54 AM
33teddy33

Send a message via ICQ to 33teddy33 Send a message via AIM to 33teddy33 Send a message via Yahoo to 33teddy33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk

'94 was the last year any old guys came to NY and lifted their games. Remember that? Neil Smith sure did something with those old guys too huh? Was like an Oiler reunion.
Jagr is not happy in Washington? Why not? Thats what needs to be figured out. Will he be 'happy' here? He needs to find his own motivation. For those of you who think he no longer has ability, stay off the crack, when he turns it on it is very apparent. Just sucks he's slumping. But hey..... He would look good in blue.
(flame away)

Old
11-20-2003, 09:28 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
While I don't want any part of Jagr coming to the Rangers, I do think that he would play well here.

11-20-2003, 11:52 AM
Potter

Send a message via AIM to Potter
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
While I don't want any part of Jagr coming to the Rangers, I do think that he would play well here.

would jagr help us win? i dont think he would and thats the only real reason why i dont want him.

Old
11-20-2003, 01:01 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33teddy33
Jagr is not happy in Washington? Why not? Thats what needs to be figured out. Will he be 'happy' here? He needs to find his own motivation. For those of you who think he no longer has ability, stay off the crack, when he turns it on it is very apparent. Just sucks he's slumping.
Not being happy is exactly it. It's not a "slump" at all; he's just disinterested. The question is, would he be any more interested in New YorK? If not, who wants him?

The next question is, how LONG would he be interested in New York? If he gets unhappy in NYC as quickly as he did in Washington, who wants him?

The next question is, whom will you will sacrifice on the team when the new CBA is established? Jagr's contract is long and painful; don't fool yourself into thinking there will be no cost to pay in a salary-restricted world.

Closed Thread