HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Jason Ward

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2003, 07:07 PM
Habs4Life

vCash: 666
Jason Ward

Good day,

I was just thinking about this guy and how montreal doesn't use him to the fullest

I could see this guy on a 2nd line with Ribs and Bulis (Which in my mind would be an explosive line). He certaintly has the potential and proved it with 5 points in 8 games last year.. but yet CJ has him on the 3rd and 4th lines

I think Jason Ward would be a better fit then having Hossa on the 2nd line. Hossa has played good up till now but he hasn't produced like the Montreal Canadien's thought he would.

The thing i don't get about CJ is, he play's guys like Audette who play like Bum's and yet doesn't give a chance to guys like Jason Ward who give it their all every game

PS: I know Jason Ward is hurt right now but thought i would like to just like to bring this up

Let me know your thoughts!

Old
11-19-2003, 07:28 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey

Hossa is definately better on the 2nd line than Ward ...

I don't know why CJ scratched Hossa... he was ... well .. awesome the last 2 games he played....
I saw some flash of a potential 30 goal scorer in Hossa..
Ward is very good and very usefull on the 4th line ... but nothing more ...
he's way too slow...
anyway take care!

Old
11-19-2003, 08:22 PM
Shazbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
:
Ward is very good and very usefull on the 4th line ... but nothing more ...
he's way too slow...
anyway take care!

he's not that slow

he hustles a lot faster than Hossa anyway

Old
11-19-2003, 08:33 PM
Jeffrey

Both aren't fast player but hossa has a better control on his skates than Ward ...

Old
11-19-2003, 09:21 PM
tinyzombies

Neither player likes to carry the puck. Hossa doesn't want to and Ward can't.

Audette can't do it either and Ribeiro can shuck and jive for a little while, but they usually catch up to him.

This is another reason to put Bulis on the second line. He can take the puck and skate with it. Something the second line badly needs.

Old
11-20-2003, 03:34 AM
AK-47

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Neither player likes to carry the puck. Hossa doesn't want to and Ward can't.

Audette can't do it either and Ribeiro can shuck and jive for a little while, but they usually catch up to him.

This is another reason to put Bulis on the second line. He can take the puck and skate with it. Something the second line badly needs.
Well, Ribeiro wouldn't have to carry the puck so much if he had a few big wingers on his side. 12 points on this team is good. Makes you wonder what he could do if he played with talented players that can finish a play once an a while.

Old
11-20-2003, 05:05 AM
-_-

Ward on the second line ? Naw never, gimme a break. This guy plays with energy and intensity but he has not enough offensive skills to fill this role. Hossa has played well the last two games, more hustle. I would put Ribeiro with Bulis and Hossa... Ward is a third liner at his best, Kilger-Begin-Ward as a fourth line would be great, Kilger has skills but he doesn't put enought effort on his game to be match with Ribeiro, i prefer to see Hossa with Ribeiro than Kilger. Finaly, Dackell-Juneau-

I used to love Sundstrom but he's playing soft this year so i wouldn't mind seing him leave. Audette finaly rush the net again but for how long ? Get rid of him too. And Perrault, i hate this guy, he's a good guy but on the ice he can't do more than faceoffs and picking up garbage in from of the net, he has a decent wrist shot. Defensivly, even if he showed improving over last year, he is crap, physicly he ain't **** and he has a pretty normal vision for a center + he sucks carriying the puck. Get rid of him too.

So i guess LAngdon has to take Kilger spot on the fourth and Kilger move on the third with Dackell-Juneau (or Ward maybe).

We badly need help on this team, our offense sucks... only Koivu is true first line material... but he needs teammates. Zednick is a good shooter and he skates hard but he has a serious lack of creativity with the puck, Ribeiro showed great signs since the beggining of the year but he's not a first line center, same thing with Ryder.

Anyway hope our youngsters developpements will go as we expect it.

Old
11-20-2003, 05:19 AM
Orange

If Juneau can do to Hossa what he did with Bulis, I don't mind demoting Hossa from the second line for a while ... Better that than the pressbox !

Old
11-20-2003, 05:47 AM
Habber

Ward just doesn't have the offensive skills to be a top 6 forward. I'd like to see him come back onto the 4th line and eventually move up to the third, whether it be this season or next.

Old
11-20-2003, 12:26 PM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbot
he's not that slow

he hustles a lot faster than Hossa anyway
Yap. IMO, Ward is as fast as Hossa. Hossa isn't fast at all, and I even think Ward has better acceleration.

Old
11-20-2003, 12:58 PM
Habs4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Ward just doesn't have the offensive skills to be a top 6 forward. I'd like to see him come back onto the 4th line and eventually move up to the third, whether it be this season or next.

Doesn't have offensive skills?

He has the same amount of point's as Hossa but yet he plays on the 4th line with the least offensive player's we have!!!

Plus he had 5 points in 8 games last year!!!!!

Oh yeh he led the AHL in scoring last year!!!!!!!

But yet he doesn't have any offensive to be a top 6 foward!

Old
11-20-2003, 02:13 PM
Jeffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
Doesn't have offensive skills?

He has the same amount of point's as Hossa but yet he plays on the 4th line with the least offensive player's we have!!!

Plus he had 5 points in 8 games last year!!!!!

Oh yeh he led the AHL in scoring last year!!!!!!!

But yet he doesn't have any offensive to be a top 6 foward!
STATS MEAN NOTHING !!!
BULIS IS IMO OUR MOST CONSTANT PLAYER ON ICE BUT HE DON'T PUT POINTS LIKE RIBEIRO...
HOSSA LAST GAMES WAS AWESOME.. PLAYING WITH INTENSITY AND EMOTION !!
'NUFF SAID !

Old
11-20-2003, 02:18 PM
Habs4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
STATS MEAN NOTHING !!!
BULIS IS IMO OUR MOST CONSTANT PLAYER ON ICE BUT HE DON'T PUT POINTS LIKE RIBEIRO...
HOSSA LAST GAMES WAS AWESOME.. PLAYING WITH INTENSITY AND EMOTION !!
'NUFF SAID !
You make me laugh!!! LMAO

Old
11-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Jeffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
You make me laugh!!! LMAO
gratton could score 100 goals in the AHL and he would still be a POTENTIAL 4th liner .. and then it's a big reach because he's not that physical !
Ward is better than gratton but he's not top lines quality ... maybe if he work very very very hard on his skating abilities ...
I really like what i've seen of hossa this season .. he has a great balance on his skates and very solid along the board !
currently he's my favorite habs player this season after bulis !

so plz, tell me why I made you laugh !...

Old
11-21-2003, 05:19 AM
Sam I Am

I see Hossa as a second line forward as well...second line in Hamilton, that is.

Where's the beef with Hossa? He doesn't score, he doesn't hit, he doesn't generate offensive. Sure he goes into the corners but he usually doen't emerge with the puck. So far what I see is a famous last name...

Ward has proven much more than Hossa to this point. All of you who are 100% sure he can't play on an offensive line may be right. But you may be completely wrong. Ward has been an offensive stalwart at every stage of his career. Can he cut the mustard in the NHL? Who knows for sure? But he deserves the chance to prove himself based on phis play in Hamilton and in the little chance he's been given thus far with the Habs.

And that's more than I can say for Hossa.

Closed Thread