HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Why don't they send Hossa to hamilton???

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2003, 02:01 PM
Habs4ever

vCash: 500
Why don't they send Hossa to hamilton???

either play him, or stop wasting his time, he would be top forward in Hamilton, and would probably learn more then sitting in press box, I'm sure all you guys agree he's ready for NHL, but managent has to make choice either play him or send him down to minors.

Old
11-20-2003, 02:50 PM
Démon Blond

Marcel has two problems... they are named Donald and Yannick :p. Until one or both are traded or waived, Hossa and Ryder can expect to see some games from the pressbox. That's unfortunatly the way it is, right now...

I'm in favor of sending Hossa perfect his game in the AHL, if they tell him it's not a punisment but because of the logjam on the 2 first lines... not that Perreault and especialy Audette have anything to do there anymore.. but we don't really have a choice for now...

I can't wait for the veterans contracts to expire!

Old
11-20-2003, 08:18 PM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Démon Blond
Marcel has two problems... they are named Donald and Yannick :p. Until one or both are traded or waived, Hossa and Ryder can expect to see some games from the pressbox. That's unfortunatly the way it is, right now...

I'm in favor of sending Hossa perfect his game in the AHL, if they tell him it's not a punisment but because of the logjam on the 2 first lines... not that Perreault and especialy Audette have anything to do there anymore.. but we don't really have a choice for now...

Apparently Audette left the Calgary game with a shoulder injury. This may open a well deserved spot for Hossa if Audette is out for a couple of games. I'd like to see Hossa @ center with Bulis and Sundstrom on the wings.

Old
11-21-2003, 03:35 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever
either play him, or stop wasting his time, he would be top forward in Hamilton, and would probably learn more then sitting in press box, I'm sure all you guys agree he's ready for NHL, but managent has to make choice either play him or send him down to minors.
I don't mind Hossa sitting a couple games here or there in the press box, I believe a young player can learn a few things from there, but if he isn't going to play at least ever second game or so, than yes, I believe he should be sent to Hamilton.

Old
11-21-2003, 04:24 AM
habscout

Send a message via ICQ to habscout Send a message via AIM to habscout Send a message via MSN to habscout Send a message via Yahoo to habscout
Quote:
Originally Posted by Démon Blond

I can't wait for those contracts to expire too; I'll add Quintal & Juneau
to that list. I believe that they've lost another step, and Quintal
was never all that quick to begin with. Other than being tough
and occasionally fighting, he's been a big liability out
on the ice this season. Unfortunately, he's indicated that
he wants to stay in Montreal beyond this season, so the
team will have to look like they don't want him back.
In Juneau's case, his season has supposedly been good by some
accounts, but I don't see it. He is just an average checker, something
that I'd prefer be handled by someone else. If Kilger or Sundstrom were
handed the job with a full-time status to it, I'm sure they would
be as good if not better than Juneau. And, we all know of
a certain big, tough, right-handed dman in Hamilton that is
ready to take over Quintal's spot. A big task for Gainey in the next offseason [assuming they'll be playing] is whether or not he resigns less useful vets like Juneau,Quintal & Perreault.

Old
11-21-2003, 04:40 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by habscout
If Kilger or Sundstrom were
handed the job with a full-time status to it, I'm sure they would
be as good if not better than Juneau. .
I don't think so.

Old
11-21-2003, 04:54 AM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I don't mind Hossa sitting a couple games here or there in the press box, I believe a young player can learn a few things from there, but if he isn't going to play at least ever second game or so, than yes, I believe he should be sent to Hamilton.
Well said

He's only played 6 games so far and that's brutal. There's no point in keeping a guy like Hossa around as a spare part. Hopefully Audette's injury will open up a spot for him in the top 6. Saturday would be a great game for him to play in. There will be high intensity and it will be good chance for him to chow what he's learned.

Old
11-21-2003, 05:02 AM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan
Apparently Audette left the Calgary game with a shoulder injury. This may open a well deserved spot for Hossa if Audette is out for a couple of games. I'd like to see Hossa @ center with Bulis and Sundstrom on the wings.
"Well-deserved?"

Judging from his play with the Habs, I'm not sure how you come to this conclusion. To my eye, he is often invisible and does not implicate himself physically despite his size and the claims of some that he is a power forward.

Off to Hamilton with him where he, ON THE BASIS OF MERIT ALONE, may not be able to crack the number one line!

Closed Thread