HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tuomo Ruutu Q & A

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-20-2003, 12:40 PM
  #1
Teemu
Moderator
 
Teemu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Palatine
Country: United States
Posts: 20,423
vCash: 500
Tuomo Ruutu Q & A

Ruutu has answered some of the questions asked to him via CBH.com

http://www.chicagoblackhawks.com/fan...ont_id=214544#

Teemu is offline  
Old
11-24-2003, 04:45 PM
  #2
jimnevets
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: St. Petersburg
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
I have to laugh at the question about hype where he answers that he has no idea why there was so much hype about him playing.

Isn't this the guy that was going to sit out because Chicago wouldn't give him a contract that everyone else would have to wait a few years before even being offered something similar.

No offence to Ruutu, he will be a great player someday but even he says it will take time to become a great player. 1 Goal and 1 Assist so far this year for, according to his agent, one of the best players in the world. Maybe he should have just accepted what Chicago offered and then asked for more when he shows he deserves it, no hype then.

jimnevets is offline  
Old
11-25-2003, 02:36 AM
  #3
Hawkalyzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,694
vCash: 500
Ruutu Nichol Moen


hard to get pts with those 2 as ur linemates

Hawkalyzer is offline  
Old
11-25-2003, 06:31 AM
  #4
jimnevets
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: St. Petersburg
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkalyzer
Ruutu Nichol Moen


hard to get pts with those 2 as ur linemates

The best players in the world don't need good linemates to get points.

jimnevets is offline  
Old
11-25-2003, 01:08 PM
  #5
Teemu
Moderator
 
Teemu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Palatine
Country: United States
Posts: 20,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnevets
The best players in the world don't need good linemates to get points.
Yes, but they need icetime, which Ruutu does not see...

Teemu is offline  
Old
11-25-2003, 01:30 PM
  #6
who_me?
Registered User
 
who_me?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu08
Yes, but they need icetime, which Ruutu does not see...
That's complete BS because Ruutu was getting more ice time (including PP) than any other rookie, and that includes Vorobiev, Radulov, and at one time more than McLean. Yet he STILL has less points than all of them.

who_me? is offline  
Old
11-26-2003, 07:55 AM
  #7
Vlad The Impaler
Registered User
 
Vlad The Impaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnevets
Isn't this the guy that was going to sit out because Chicago wouldn't give him a contract that everyone else would have to wait a few years before even being offered something similar.
Another ignoramus.

Vlad The Impaler is offline  
Old
11-26-2003, 09:54 AM
  #8
Sammy*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
Another ignoramus.
I applaud you if you could even figure out what the donkey was saying there.

Sammy* is offline  
Old
11-27-2003, 05:47 AM
  #9
JoeLH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 680
vCash: 500
One thing is for sure: Ruutu's start in the NHL was quite bad. In comparison to Eric Staal, for exemple, his scoring is poor and his +/- rating horrible. I know what I'm talking about, both are in my team in a Fantasy League ...
Tuomo got about 15 minutes icetime per game in the first weeks, but couldn't pay back for the patience of the coaching stuff. Other players like Jiri Hudler didn't have so much luck with the coaches ...
RESULT: Ruutu can be a very good NHL-player (but Superstar potential is questionable) in the future, sure, but he has to prove it, like Staal or Bostons' Bergeron already did.

JoeLH is offline  
Old
11-27-2003, 11:49 AM
  #10
Hawkalyzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLH
One thing is for sure: Ruutu's start in the NHL was quite bad. In comparison to Eric Staal, for exemple, his scoring is poor and his +/- rating horrible. I know what I'm talking about, both are in my team in a Fantasy League ...
Tuomo got about 15 minutes icetime per game in the first weeks, but couldn't pay back for the patience of the coaching stuff. Other players like Jiri Hudler didn't have so much luck with the coaches ...
RESULT: Ruutu can be a very good NHL-player (but Superstar potential is questionable) in the future, sure, but he has to prove it, like Staal or Bostons' Bergeron already did.


well he has been playing much better since the season started, and when Nichol and Moen are your linemates 5on5 and the rest of the team cant score, makes ur +/- kinna bad.

he'l come around, just the rest of the team is in a slump too......................

Hawkalyzer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.