HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ramzi Abid - value?

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2003, 06:29 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex
Where did you hear that? I thought it was a one year deal at 2.2m with a club option for the next year (ie/ post-CBA). To average 3.0m it would have to jump at least 1.6m to 3.8m or more to average over 3.0m.. I dont think that's very likely but then again considering Brian Savage's contract
I thought I heard it back when he signed, guess I was wrong. Regardless that's too much for the Pens, that's still much more than the three players we received combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
he played really well for phoneix, then became invisible on Pittsburgh.
I was talking about Hrdina, not Abid. Abid's contract is cheaper than hell, plus it's two-ways.

Old
11-23-2003, 07:07 AM
DJ Spinoza

vCash: 500
To be fair, he's been bounced in and out of the lineup all year, getting hardly any time other than on the third or fourth line.

I'd love to move him and Straka to get a guy like Vishnevski in return.

Here's a crazy thought...How much does Gonchar make? I'd assume trading Straka and Abid for Gonchar would be nearly a wash financially for both teams. Washington would get a good prospect in return and Straka, who may help get Jagr back where he can be again.

Too bad it would never happen. I doubt that's even fair from a Caps point of view.

Old
11-23-2003, 09:16 AM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Nope it's far from being fair.

Old
11-23-2003, 09:55 AM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface
Jan Hrdina is getting 2.2 Million, did i miss something, is that considered crazy money now or what? Fill me in on this please, seriously.

As I said earlier, I thought I saw his contract was much higher, in the 3 million/year area.

Old
11-23-2003, 12:57 PM
Rowsdower

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rowsdower
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnowNothing
To be fair, he's been bounced in and out of the lineup all year, getting hardly any time other than on the third or fourth line.

I'd love to move him and Straka to get a guy like Vishnevski in return.

Here's a crazy thought...How much does Gonchar make? I'd assume trading Straka and Abid for Gonchar would be nearly a wash financially for both teams. Washington would get a good prospect in return and Straka, who may help get Jagr back where he can be again.

Too bad it would never happen. I doubt that's even fair from a Caps point of view.
I'd love to get Gonchar, but I don't see it happening....both teams desperately need dmen, and I can't see Washington giving up one of Gonchar's calibur w/o getting an established one in return....

Old
11-23-2003, 01:28 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower 3:16
I'd love to get Gonchar, but I don't see it happening....both teams desperately need dmen, and I can't see Washington giving up one of Gonchar's calibur w/o getting an established one in return....
or prospects, lots of prospects.

But with Patrick's history I don't see him trading anything that Washington would want. Prospects rarely leave Pittsburgh anymore.

Closed Thread