Old
10-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Krejci Knows Techno
Playoffs *****

vCash: 500
some tidbits to nibble on after tonights game

well, umm that was fun to watch, riiiiiggghhhhht

here is some things i noticed....

1. WHY THE FIRSNFJNFKSJNF CANT BERGY HIT THE FFNKSJFNSKJFN NET??? 6 MISSES?????

2. how good was that 4th line huh? hoggan had a couple great chances to tap a couple in, thats a good energy line there

3. Savard really doesnt like to shoot huh?

4. Chara, Chara chara CHARA, a few iffy passes and some loose play in the defensive zone

5. is it just me or did B.Stuart seem to not give a s*** about his play tonight cause it wasnt that impressive

6. lol did anyone see axe fall down tonight after taking a one timer? that was classic

7. lastly, Thomas was a little shaky in net, it was his first ever opening night start, but his jumpy play was making me a little nervous

its just the first game of the season but just a few things to chew on

Krejci Knows Techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2006, 11:07 PM
ShaneJazz

Send a message via AIM to ShaneJazz
Hey, at least we're not losing those damn one goal games like last year.

ShaneJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2006, 11:19 PM
primetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by patdud View Post
2. how good was that 4th line huh? hoggan had a couple great chances to tap a couple in, thats a good energy line there
They played very well but shouldn't be used as much. They were out there too often. That said, I really like this line (even though I was yelling about how they were AHL stiffs... it was the booze talking, and the 8 goals against).

primetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 12:38 AM
stick9

#5 is something to watch. That the sounds like the Brad Stuart that played in San Jose.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 02:46 AM
Bruins4Lifer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by patdud View Post
well, umm that was fun to watch, riiiiiggghhhhht

here is some things i noticed....

1. WHY THE FIRSNFJNFKSJNF CANT BERGY HIT THE FFNKSJFNSKJFN NET??? 6 MISSES?????

3. Savard really doesnt like to shoot huh?

4. Chara, Chara chara CHARA, a few iffy passes and some loose play in the defensive zone

5. is it just me or did B.Stuart seem to not give a s*** about his play tonight cause it wasnt that impressive

6. lol did anyone see axe fall down tonight after taking a one timer? that was classic

7. lastly, Thomas was a little shaky in net, it was his first ever opening night start, but his jumpy play was making me a little nervous

its just the first game of the season but just a few things to chew on
1. He's got the flu? I'd give him that for this game.

2. I'd say they played pretty good. Hoggan and Mowers > Fitzy and Lacouture

3. Yeah I noticed that too. He's a great passer though, very creative. Brings back memories of JT.

4. 29:52 of ice time. +/- of 0. 2 assists. I thought he played good, but I would expect more from him.

5. Two words: Contract year. He'll be better. Trust me.

7. Atleast he admits he had a bad game, but it wasn't all his fault either. I'd still like to see Toivonen take over and establish himself as the starter.

Bruins4Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 04:27 AM
Don Cherry*

Stuart was terrible which was not totally surprising. He was almost giggling about the game when interviewed. Put some longer, darker hair on him and you have Steve Tyler. (snicker)

I wonder if Edmonton would trade Torres for him when Jurcina and Mark Stuart come back and sure up our defense?

Don Cherry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 05:29 AM
NSBruinFan

Bergy was missing the net a lot last night. I think he was trying to be too fine with his shot. Auld is a very big goalie, and he does not leave much net to shoot at. Sometimes you just have to try to put it through a guy instead of looking for the perfect shot.

Now I know many people here love Thomas, but I have to ask, why is he starting? He is not to blame for all eight goals last night, but I am very nervous about him being the Bruin's starting goalie. I think NHL scouts from the other teams started to figure Thomas out at the end of last year. If he is not controling his rebounds every shot then he is in trouble. Scramble..Scramble! Toivonen is the goalie of the near future...a first round pick...who has put in his time with the Baby Bruins...I would feel much more comfortable letting Toivonven try to prove himself as a starter. Who knows how good this kid can be, or how good he can get! I know Thomas was the feel good story of last year, but wouldn't it be just as good a story with him as the backup?

Stuart did not look great last night, but he will get better. He is a quality player, and it is a contract year. Last year he was the Bruin's Stud D-man. Could there be a little mental let down for him knowing he is not the number one guy anymore?

NSBruinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 05:49 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

I thought the 4th line played very well last night...it would have been nice if Hoggan could have converted a couple of those chances...but that's why he was on the 4th line to begin with, lol.

Stuart looked lost, but IMO he will be fine, and if not, we can always trade him b4 he becomes a FA.

TT looked a bit shaky last night, but it also seemed like one of those nights where everything went right for FLA and nothing went right for the B's. The ice was horrible and the puck was sticking and bouncing all over the place. It also seemed like every time FLA fanned on a shot or had one deflected, it went right to another FLA player and he scored.

I thought Chara looked pretty good...that first penalty against him was a JOKE, as was the call against Alberts...and that 5-3 that early in the game killed their momentum and put the B's in a hole.

Kessel took some heat for not getting that puck along the boards, but he was in position, and the ice really did suck. He is going to make some rook mistakes, but man, the guy can move. He drew about at least 3 penalties, and I am not worried about him as much after seeing him up against NHL talent for the first time.

All in all...definitely a game to forget, but there was some positives.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote