Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

no defense?

Old
10-07-2006, 10:34 AM
BostonHockey33

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BostonHockey33
dude i posted to ask people what they thought of the defense because i was watchin the panthers feed and half the time it was hard to tell who screwed up because they did not show it or discuss the problems...i said staurt and chara were the only ones there and trying...give me a break im asking for your thoughts...thats why i posted my question

BostonHockey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:49 AM
DFENS44

Kind of a thing of mine...

I thought the defense was sorely lacking. Getting caught out of position and not covering trailers, and getting beat one-on-one.
Not going to name names, as I was also watching the Yankees get cranked by the Tigers and eating while watching. Couple of soft goals, but that happens when you're down 5-2.
All in all, look forward, not back. One game is not a season.

DFENS44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:51 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonHockey33 View Post
dude i posted to ask people what they thought of the defense because i was watchin the panthers feed and half the time it was hard to tell who screwed up because they did not show it or discuss the problems...i said staurt and chara were the only ones there and trying...give me a break im asking for your thoughts...thats why i posted my question
No breaks here, only hardcore hockey

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:53 AM
burstnbloom

Quote:
I thought stuart was abysmal last night. Paul Mara was the best Bruins Defenseman on the ice. He pinched when appropriate and had the foot speed to recover. Stuart and York were caught out of position multiple times each, Alberts was hot and cold, he looked pretty good for a while but he just keeps making dumb mistakes. I thought Chara played like a guy who has missed a week due to a sore hamstring. Im not worried about him at all. The only one Im truly worried about long term is York. He is not an nhl defenseman. It was such a weird game on such a weird sheet that its hard to really take anything good or bad about the game. I want to see a larger sampling.

burstnbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 11:01 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by burstnbloom View Post
I thought stuart was abysmal last night. Paul Mara was the best Bruins Defenseman on the ice. He pinched when appropriate and had the foot speed to recover. Stuart and York were caught out of position multiple times each, Alberts was hot and cold, he looked pretty good for a while but he just keeps making dumb mistakes. I thought Chara played like a guy who has missed a week due to a sore hamstring. Im not worried about him at all. The only one Im truly worried about long term is York. He is not an nhl defenseman. It was such a weird game on such a weird sheet that its hard to really take anything good or bad about the game. I want to see a larger sampling.
IMO, once Jurcina and M-Stu are back the D will look a lot better with York and Dempsey on the bench/in Prov...and I mean that seriously, not like some other posters (snicker).

Jurcina and M-Stu (particularly Stu) are much more physical than York/ Dempsey and alot of that BS that Roberts and Tuz were pulling in the crease would have been stopped ASAP. Chara cannot be everywhere and police everything, some of the other guys need to step it up.

Not sure what was wrong w/B-Stu? I ma hoping he rebounds tonight, they need him to have a good season.

Also, not sure if others experienced this?...but I was having a hard time following the game because the cameras were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO far away from the ice and it was hard to pick up on things??? (maybe I am just getting old? )

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 01:22 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
what was your take on the defense last night? It seemed like a few goals came when there was a defender not where he was uspposed to be...Chara and Stuart played really well and were workin their ***** off and everyone else seemed lost...i was watchin it on center ice through panthers feed so they didnt really spend any time talking about the bruins...what do you guys think?

Stuart played like crap IMO, but none of these pairings were together last season...I would say it will take some time.....

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Mike B.

Stuart was on the ice for 6 goals against last night.

Alberts does a lot of things well, and then he makes 1 or 2 bad giveaways in his own end.

Chara and Mara were both good, I thought. Mara played more physical than I had been led to expect.

Phil Kessel is obviously adjusting to the pace of the NHL, but he showed some amazing flashes of speed and quickness. A couple of the calls he drew were cheap, but he was getting the calls because of his speed and quickness - he gets to the puck sooner than the D expect, and they foul him. Bergeron's line as a whole did not do much, but Lewis needs to be patient with then - once they get it together, they will be a force.

Did anyone catch the play when Kessel carried the puck into the slot and dropped it for Bergeron as he was getting rubbed out of the play? Almost an amazing setup, if only Bergie could have finished.

Once he adjusts, Kessel will be the type of player that teams always need to keep an eye on.

Mike B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 04:46 PM
sfbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinster View Post
Chara wasn't bad all night long but IMO he wasn't at the level he should be for the Bruins.

If this is the real Chara , we're in deep trouble for the next 5 Years.
Easy does it -- you know better than that. This situation screams out for patience.

sfbruin is offline   Reply With Quote