Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The sky is falling!!!

Old
10-07-2006, 11:25 AM
cobrak

vCash: 500
The sky is falling!!!

After just one loss the Bruins have officially been labeled a disaster?!!

Can we at least wait until they play 20 games or so to see where they stand? This is a group of people who were brought together and expected to be a team immediately. Only 6 of these guys were on the starting roster last year. Lets give them a little time to become a team and learn each others tendancies before we decide the season is a failure.

To tell you the truth, I would rather that they lost 8-3 than 3-2 in the first game so that it tells the players and coaching staff that things aren't going to handed to them on a platter and they are going to have to work to earn every win. They can't make excuses that it was close and just a couple of bounces might have made the difference. They now know they have a lot of work to do in this LONG season. And you know what? Despite the fact that they lost by five goals instead of one goal; it still only counts as one loss in the standings.

Lets look foward to the next game and see what sort of improvements they make from the last game. In case you don't remember last year, we "earned" the #5 draft pick for a reason, and expecting a team that was mediocre at best last year to be a dominant winner from the start is just a little unrealistic.

I don't know about everyone else, but I will be in front of the TV at 7:30 ready and waiting to support my Bruins; not to criticize every slight miscue.

Would it be possible to make a sticky that combines all of the extreme negative reactionary threads that are made everytime something bad happens? That way all of the negativity will be in a controlled zone, and we can look back and laugh a how petty some of these threads really are. Esspecially in a couple of months if the Bruins start to gel and do as well as I expect them to latr in the season.

Thanks,

cobrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Silva

Send a message via AIM to Silva
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrak View Post
Would it be possible to make a sticky that combines all of the extreme negative reactionary threads that are made everytime something bad happens? That way all of the negativity will be in a controlled zone, and we can look back and laugh a how petty some of these threads really are. Esspecially in a couple of months if the Bruins start to gel and do as well as I expect them to latr in the season.

Thanks,
Yes, great idea!!!! I hate having to watch a couple specific posters (won't mention any names.. you know who you are ) ***** about EVERYTHING without any constructive criticism. Let them all complain with each other in their own thread

Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 12:01 PM
hckyguy14

Send a message via Yahoo to hckyguy14
81 more games left. I would say there is plenty of time left in the season. My theory is they were a little too pumped, a little too ready. I doubt the team we saw lastnight is the team we will watch all season.

hckyguy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 12:20 PM
RPIBruin

Send a message via AIM to RPIBruin Send a message via MSN to RPIBruin
I thought the first few minutes of the first and second period, they came out playing really well. As Hckeyguy said, they may have been a bit to pumped and just over did it the first few shifts of the periods, and just got outta playing smart hockey. I think once they settle down and get a bit more comfortable playing with each other the tide will turn. So, I don't think the 8-3 scoreline was as bad as it made it sound either, but it does show what happens if you make even on mistake at this level even against a team most people expect you to be better than.

RPIBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 12:39 PM
usual suspects

Thanks for the post, I was about to start a thread on something similar. It's a shame how some have already decided the team is a disaster. There were some positives last night and many negatives. It's early and I for one am curious on how they rebound tonight in Tampa. Chara, Donovan and the Assistants (Bergie and Muzz) will need to lead this team.

A couple posters made fun of Statsny for dropping the gloves but give him credit for doing it. What the hell do you want? A team to stand up for themselves or not?

Stuart didn't play well in the first game, last year many drooled over him. Now let's hang him.

I'm as dissapointed as any fan after watching last nights game but I'm not about to abandon them and cheer for the Habs! Let's all give our head a shake. It's game one.

Move on, I'm sure the team has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrak View Post
After just one loss the Bruins have officially been labeled a disaster?!!

Can we at least wait until they play 20 games or so to see where they stand? This is a group of people who were brought together and expected to be a team immediately. Only 6 of these guys were on the starting roster last year. Lets give them a little time to become a team and learn each others tendancies before we decide the season is a failure.

To tell you the truth, I would rather that they lost 8-3 than 3-2 in the first game so that it tells the players and coaching staff that things aren't going to handed to them on a platter and they are going to have to work to earn every win. They can't make excuses that it was close and just a couple of bounces might have made the difference. They now know they have a lot of work to do in this LONG season. And you know what? Despite the fact that they lost by five goals instead of one goal; it still only counts as one loss in the standings.

Lets look foward to the next game and see what sort of improvements they make from the last game. In case you don't remember last year, we "earned" the #5 draft pick for a reason, and expecting a team that was mediocre at best last year to be a dominant winner from the start is just a little unrealistic.

I don't know about everyone else, but I will be in front of the TV at 7:30 ready and waiting to support my Bruins; not to criticize every slight miscue.

Thanks,

usual suspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Frek
WE SEE RED!

I'm not worried. There were some mistakes last night and I hope that the coaching staff took time to point them out today so that a few players can learn from their mistakes.

In particular:
- Kessel made a flub up on an outlet pass that led to a goal.
- Thomas was bumped and he got so distracted that he didn't get set for the shot. (Hopefully he learned that you need to focus on the game no matter what happens until you hear the whistle, this really shook him up and seemed to throw him off his game the rest of the night)
- We had some awesome set-ups from Savard but we failed to hit the net on our chances. (Savard made some awesome passes but it was like the recieving player wasn't expecting it or was surprised that Savard managed to get the puck to them that fast and well) There was alot of missed shots on nets that would have been great scoring chances.

On the positive side though:
- Alberts made some amazing outlet passes. he looked very calm and in control. He even started getting creative and made a behind the back outlet pass that was tape to tape.
- Murray and Savard looked rather well together, I expect to see some chemistry from them in the future.
- Although we didn't capitalize on all the PP chances I did notice a HUGE improvement on puck movement from last year.

When all is said and done the Panthers had everything working for them last night. Only 2 of the goals can be considered "cheese". Give credit where credit is due and the Panthers played an awesome game against us last night. EXPECT to see the Bruins come out strong tonight as they put the opener behind them.

Frek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 01:07 PM
b_bruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyguy14 View Post
81 more games left. I would say there is plenty of time left in the season. My theory is they were a little too pumped, a little too ready. I doubt the team we saw lastnight is the team we will watch all season.
welll said!!! GO B'S

b_bruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 01:26 PM
PoisonEye
Where's Carl?

Yeah, I think everyone is just a little on edge after last year. I know I suffered until the bitter end, watching even the games that didn't matter after they were out of the playoffs. I really didn't need to see the B's get blown out by the Panthers. The PANTHERS!!! Not that I don't think they'll be decent this year, but it's not like they should finish in the top 3 in the east.
Thinking about it, before the game, the NESN guys were saying that 22 of the guys were there early (for the pre game skate, was it?). I think everyone is really excited for this season, and they weren't really "loose". I think that led to mistakes by the players (the fans too). Now if we lose 9-2 to TB, I'll have to look out my window to make sure the sky isn't falling.

PoisonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 01:41 PM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

Cause you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride