HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 07/10/06 Montreal @ Toronto 7PM EST RDS,CBC

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2006, 08:58 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Well folks. Which Mike do you like?

Given your choice: Mike Peca or Mike Johnson

Leafs fans welcome to participate.
Peca for me

Old
Westcoasthabsfan

vCash: 500
I hate SO's but am happy with the Habs victory

Old
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Do you think Kovalev is going to get some ribbing over hitting 2 posts in 2 games!

The bad news is the 2nd line hasn't scored...looked dangerous on some shifts but I think the flood gates will be open.... patience.

Old
10-07-2006, 08:59 PM
-_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
What are you on? Aebischer got first, Rayzor second
I'm listening to the game on ckac.com and they have Souray with the first star... Raycroft 2nd, Johnson 3rd (I'm 90 % sure that was the 3 stars announced at the ACC)

Old
10-07-2006, 09:01 PM
habs73

i was on pins and needles, thought for sure we were gonna lose the shootout after kovalev rang it off the post, ryder finally nets a shootout goal.
WOW, bit of a boring game but awesome finish.

Old
10-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Nice to see the guys pick up two points, but let's be honest with ourselves: the Leafs were the better team. Some of these guys are going to have to pick up their play, especially Kovalev and Samsonov.

Old
The Saurus

Leafs fan here. Although Toronto was controling most of the game, Montreal was able to sneak out the extra point.

Sounds strangely familiar to what happened last year in the Montreal versus Toronto games-- except with Toronto coming out with the wins.

Old
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

How can Abby played only 61:58 on 65 min?

Habs Prospects website
Old
Hotstreak

Well not the prettiest win but i'll take it. Abiesher was huge, definitely our best player. I wasn't too impressed with them in the first two periods but the 3rd line really came on in the 3rd and you could tell they were being rewarded with lots of ice time. A good rest and then its on to Phili

Old
10-07-2006, 09:05 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
How can Abby played only 61:58 on 65 min?

Well I know they removed the goalie for about 1 second and half at the end of the 1st I think. So I guess 64:58 on 65 would be possible, as for the others 4 min, no idea

Old
10-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Skitz_514

Nice to see both goalies play great back to back, I was a little nervous on Abeisher this year but he put on a hell of a show on tonight and brought my confidence in him up another level. Also great way to bounce back, nothing better then seeing the Habs beat the Leafs on a Saturday night specially in sudden death shoot-outs plus Hossa getting 3 points and Ovie with 2 points in my hockey pool tonight.

Now the question who to play, Huet if he's feeling 100% or go with the guy who came big against the Flyers Wednesday.

Old
10-07-2006, 09:06 PM
larue*

Our powerplay has to be the worst I have seen. It wasnt that we couldnt get the shots on net or the guy in front of the net.......it was that we couldnt make a pass to get the play started. Carbo definetly has some work on this!!

Old
10-07-2006, 09:06 PM
greatlakeshab

Whoever said send Perez to the minors must be on drugs. He looks pretty good to me, even woke up his line in the third to get them going. He is strong on the boards and can hit. On the other hand Samsonov seems a liability and almost cost us the game in OT. All he does is skate around and hold the puck. Perez, Higgins were the best forwards tonight with Komisarek the best Dman.

Old
10-07-2006, 09:07 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs73 View Post
i was on pins and needles, thought for sure we were gonna lose the shootout after kovalev rang it off the post, ryder finally nets a shootout goal.
WOW, bit of a boring game but awesome finish.
The game was boring because the Leafs play the trap and clog up the neutral zone. Heck, even the Leaf homers, Harry Neal and Bob Cole had to say it. They tried to slow down the habs speed with the clogging of the neutral zone. The trap still does exist in the new NHL, believe it or not, but not as effective as pre-lockout due to the new rules to limit the trap effectiveness.

Old
10-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Hotstreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by larue View Post
Our powerplay has to be the worst I have seen. It wasnt that we couldnt get the shots on net or the guy in front of the net.......it was that we couldnt make a pass to get the play started. Carbo definetly has some work on this!!
It was the same thing last year too. I was hoping it would be better this season but it looks like we still have a lot of work to do.

alright, time to go celebrate, unil next time...

Old
10-07-2006, 09:08 PM
MM425

Great, hard fought game by both teams.

Even though they weren't on the scoresheet... I loved the Sammy-Plecky-Kovy line... they were all over the ice and created great chances. A couple more games of geling like this and the points will start adding up, guaranteed.

Old
10-07-2006, 09:09 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
The game was boring because the Leafs play the trap and clog up the neutral zone. Heck, even the Leaf homers, Harry Neal and Bob Cole had to say it. They tried to slow down the habs speed with the clogging of the neutral zone. The trap still does exist in the new NHL, believe it or not, but not as effective as pre-lockout due to the new rules to limit the trap effectiveness.
The defensive system employed by Maurice is obviously working as it kept the 'speedy and offensive killers' to two goals.

The Leafs outplayed the Habs for most of the game.

I never thought it was boring at all.

Old
10-07-2006, 09:11 PM
JrHockeyFan

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by larue View Post
They got their shift together on that late power play in the third. They controlled and had several good chances. The shot by Souray to score in the first made that PP look good.

I'd say they need to work on that too.

Old
10-07-2006, 09:11 PM
freezie

well we didnt deserve the win tonight, but then again its happened to us many many times in the past..way to not give up fellas , even though it was perfectly clear the legs were burning early....

Old
10-07-2006, 09:12 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Good game...our second line was more involved tonight...

but god, Latendresse is so slow...he's being lazy out there. Aeby was solid but the post did save him a few times. Anyways, we deserved the win (some would beg to differ).

Old
10-07-2006, 09:14 PM
BORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
I thought you were comparing me to Tucker as in im a whiner
haha ... Tucker ... I think that at this point, he may not be able to spell Komisarek once the season is over ... HEADS UP !!!!!!!!!!!

Old
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Hahaha wow...it was just last night that I said "never ever put Ryder in the shootout again". It feels so nice to be proven wrong

I loved the quote that Bob Cole said just as Ryder was about to shoot...how he talked to Ryder about the shootout and Ryder's response was "Excuse me...but I suck in the shootout".
Yeah, that was priceless...but it is so typical of Ryder, accepts responsibility for his failures rather than looking for excuses or blaming it on someone else like our good old friend Ribeiro.

Old
JrHockeyFan

Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitso View Post
The defensive system employed by Maurice is obviously working as it kept the 'speedy and offensive killers' to two goals.

The Leafs outplayed the Habs for most of the game.

I never thought it was boring at all.

Different strokes I guess?

First period was good

Second period was dull.

Last ten minutes onward (OT and SO included) were the best part of the game.

Can't say I would give Toronto a huge edge in play. Actually, at even strength I would say it was dead even.

Old
10-07-2006, 09:15 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

I'm happy we won it but that was not easy at all.

Can anyone tell Samsonov and Kovalev that the season has started please ?

Old
10-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlusty the clown View Post
Good game...our second line was more involved tonight...

but god, Latendresse is so slow...he's being lazy out there. Aeby was solid but the post did save him a few times. Anyways, we deserved the win (some would beg to differ).
Well I saw a great pokecheck play in his zone by Lats and a penalty was called on him immediatley after.

Didn't see that great of a performance by Samsonov though.....I saw some lazy stuff from him as well.....

Closed Thread