HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade Proposal: Iginla to Carolina

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2003, 06:57 AM
Badger Bob

vCash: 500
Let's counter-offer the original proposal, in similar fashion. Only this time, it's slanted in the Flames's favor.

How about:

Erik Cole
Jeff O'Neill
Bret Hedican

for

Oleg Saprykin
Chris Clark
Steve Montador

Kind of puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

Old
11-21-2003, 07:06 AM
Doc_M

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
Let's counter-offer the original proposal, in similar fashion. Only this time, it's slanted in the Flames's favor.

How about:

Erik Cole
Jeff O'Neill
Bret Hedican

for

Oleg Saprykin
Chris Clark
Steve Montador

Kind of puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

That's about it...except change Hedican for Markov

"How about this:

Calgary Gives up:

Iginla

Montreal gives up:

Hossa Markov and 2nd Rounder"

Although Iginla would look good in red-blue-white, Cal can get more than that. I'm not impressed by Hossa, and Markov is good but Iginla is much better. Again I don't see it happening between these 2 without some of Mtl best forward prospects like Higgins...

How about Higgins, Markov, 1st rounder ?

Old
11-21-2003, 09:34 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_M
That's about it...except change Hedican for Markov

"How about this:

Calgary Gives up:

Iginla

Montreal gives up:

Hossa Markov and 2nd Rounder"

Although Iginla would look good in red-blue-white, Cal can get more than that. I'm not impressed by Hossa, and Markov is good but Iginla is much better. Again I don't see it happening between these 2 without some of Mtl best forward prospects like Higgins...

How about Higgins, Markov, 1st rounder ?
Too much.. the 1st rounder is way too much to along with those 2 guys!

How about Hainsey Hossa Ryder and a 3rd

Old
11-21-2003, 09:54 AM
Ozy_Flame

These are the kinds of posts that piss me off the most. The original poster takes no consideration for finances, economics, age, experience, and team needs. This is essentially Carolina dumping all their soon-to-be UFA's and marginal forward spare parts (save O'Neill). This is a brutal, just brutal trade proposal for any stretch of the imagination.

Old
11-21-2003, 09:58 AM
Ryno
BEHOLD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
These are the kinds of posts that piss me off the most. The original poster takes no consideration for finances, economics, age, experience, and team needs. This is essentially Carolina dumping all their soon-to-be UFA's and marginal forward spare parts (save O'Neill). This is a brutal, just brutal trade proposal for any stretch of the imagination.
Yup, hard to argue with that post.

Old
11-21-2003, 11:27 AM
kolanos

I suspect the Flames might do Iginla for O'Neill and Cole. Regehr isn't going anywhere however, and Gelinas probably won't waive his no-trade clause -- not even for the Canes.

No need to talk about Staal either, the Canes won't move him anytime soon.

Old
11-21-2003, 01:08 PM
Lanny MacDonald*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeakinMeehan16
2. I never said O'Neill is better. I said they were simular statisticly over their respective careers.
Statistically similar? In what way?

Jarome Iginla... 563 GP, 213 G (.378 goals per game), 230 A, 443 P (.786 points per game), career highs of 52 goals and 96 points.

Jeff O'Neill... 625 GP, 186 G (.297 goals per game), 208 A, 394 P (.630 points per game), career highs of 41 goals and 67 points.

So a difference of almost 7 goals and 13 assists a season is statistically similar? Sure, and Craig Conroy and Mats Sundin have been statostically similar over the past three seasons too.

BTW... this is a really dumb suggestion from the word go. The needs of Calgary are not taken into consideration. If Carolina wants Iginla, talk O'Neill and Cole as starters. Negotiation moves from there.

Old
11-21-2003, 01:27 PM
CaputMortuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny MacDonald
Statistically similar? In what way?

Jarome Iginla... 563 GP, 213 G (.378 goals per game), 230 A, 443 P (.786 points per game), career highs of 52 goals and 96 points.

Jeff O'Neill... 625 GP, 186 G (.297 goals per game), 208 A, 394 P (.630 points per game), career highs of 41 goals and 67 points.

So a difference of almost 7 goals and 13 assists a season is statistically similar? Sure, and Craig Conroy and Mats Sundin have been statostically similar over the past three seasons too.

BTW... this is a really dumb suggestion from the word go. The needs of Calgary are not taken into consideration. If Carolina wants Iginla, talk O'Neill and Cole as starters. Negotiation moves from there.
And the beast rears its ugly head but did it check special teams at all? O'Neill is a poor mans Iginla that takes stupid penalties instead of leading his team.

PPG PPA SHG SHA GWG GTG
IGGY 69 79 7 6 29 7
O'Neill 58 79 2 2 34 6

Old
11-21-2003, 01:53 PM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Starting with a package Eric Staal + pick for Izzy if the only real offer I see Calgary wanting from the Canes.

Old
11-21-2003, 02:02 PM
Lanny MacDonald*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeakinMeehan16
And the beast rears its ugly head but did it check special teams at all? O'Neill is a poor mans Iginla that takes stupid penalties instead of leading his team.

PPG PPA SHG SHA GWG GTG
IGGY 69 79 7 6 29 7
O'Neill 58 79 2 2 34 6
Special TEAMS? What is your point? Iginla has played on brutal teams that have been devoid of talent for the most part. O'Neill has played on some decent teams where he's had a supporting cast. Benefit his numbers? Yeah, just a bit. O'Neill is a good player, but an all around player like Iginla? Not a chance. And no, the numbers aren't similar any way you look at it. If you want to look at special teams you all of a sudden have to factor in the team success levels versus that of the rest of the league. Hence the term Special TEAMS. Hardly supports the argument that O'Neill is a patch in the ass to Iginla, especially when you factor in the lack of support Iginla has received in Calgary.

Old
11-21-2003, 02:15 PM
Lanny MacDonald*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24
Starting with a package Eric Staal + pick for Izzy if the only real offer I see Calgary wanting from the Canes.
WHY would any team want to trade a young franchise player like Iginla for a player in development like Staal? If Staal reaches his potential, won't that be the level of Iginla? So why deal away a player you patiently waited to develop into a star for a player that you'll have to invest another five or six years in to see him attain the same level of success of what you already have? This makes little sense. The only reason you trade away a player like Iginla is for more depth. One player and a draft pick (a five to six investment in development and a substantial risk) is hardly the type of return you look for. Makes no sense.

Old
11-21-2003, 05:02 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
so similar cannot be used from now on unless there is a miniscule difference, and miniscule difference only..

gotcha

Old
11-23-2003, 04:28 AM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
Hehe, it was all in jest like I said it was. Read the initial post again. You guys take yourselves way to serious It was so spirited, I decided to stop:

http://www.offthepost.net/viewtopic.php?t=4202

Old
11-23-2003, 05:39 AM
Lanny MacDonald*

Ban time. Nice knowing you.

Old
11-23-2003, 01:36 PM
HughJass*

Ban time? If you put some serious thought to how much some people take everything to heart around here then you would think it's funny too. I read alot of these proposals and laugh. It's not fact, it's not rumors, it's just people on the internet laying out spirited proposals. But some of you take it waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

I, for one, am dumbfounded by alot of you. I even said it was in jest in the first post, and I said make up a better offer. I told the truth from the get go.

Old
11-23-2003, 03:19 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHurricane16
I, for one, am dumbfounded by alot of you. I even said it was in jest in the first post, and I said make up a better offer. I told the truth from the get go.
then that's stupid on your part, as you're wasting board space with a joke, bumping good threads to the second page...

Old
11-23-2003, 05:19 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_M
At least Yashin is a healthy rich spoiled slob.

Staal just a bit over Reinprecht ??
That's almost as ridiculous as the initial proposal...

BTW NYI gave Spezza AND Chara for Yashin, and they overpaid, as much as they are overpaying Yashin himself now...
Who said "just a bit" ? If you passed grade six math, you'd know that would mean greater. If you passed high school, you would know two of those means big enough such that it would be comparing infinity to zero (see small angle approximation rule for an example). Is Staal a superstar yet? No. Is Reinprecht worth zero? No, therefore, it is not an infidecimal value.

Old
11-24-2003, 12:56 AM
RussianRocket

how about that~

Cole, BrindAmour, Vasicek and 1st for Iginla, Conroy and 3rd

sound fair to me

Cole Vasicek and 1st = Iginla and 3rd (6.5M)
BrindAmour(5m)< Conroy(2M) base on Salary

thouoght?

Old
11-24-2003, 02:18 AM
Lanny MacDonald*

Quote:
Ban time? If you put some serious thought to how much some people take everything to heart around here then you would think it's funny too. I read alot of these proposals and laugh. It's not fact, it's not rumors, it's just people on the internet laying out spirited proposals. But some of you take it waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

No, you did not say it was in "jest". You said it was just for "fun". There is a massive difference. As it turns out you were doing nothing but trolling, trying to get a rise out of people, and you provided a link to prove that fact. I think that says a lot about you and what impact it will have with your credability here and elsewhere. Stupid thing to do. Banable offense. It will be interesting to see if Buffaloed follows up on his rules.

Old
11-24-2003, 03:50 AM
HughJass*

Quote:
No, you did not say it was in "jest". You said it was just for "fun". There is a massive difference. As it turns out you were doing nothing but trolling, trying to get a rise out of people, and you provided a link to prove that fact.
Maybe I said "jest" in my second post. I'm not going back to check. Every "proposal" is in jest. I can't see how anyone would take them seriously. 99.9% of the proposals would never happen, so you have to take them in jest. Btw, what is "trolling"?
Quote:
I think that says a lot about you and what impact it will have with your credability here and elsewhere.
There you go again. Do I have to explain the internet for you? You don't know me, and I don't know you. Don't start questioning my character on the internet of all places. So please, stop thinking you are the omniprescent or something.

You just have to love the internet. If I get banned, no big deal. The only person who seems to have their panties twisted about this is you. If you look, people are still staying on the topic.

Old
11-24-2003, 04:05 AM
feff

Send a message via Yahoo to feff
Quote:
Maybe I said "jest" in my second post. I'm not going back to check. Every "proposal" is in jest. I can't see how anyone would take them seriously. 99.9% of the proposals would never happen, so you have to take them in jest. Btw, what is "trolling"?

There you go again. Do I have to explain the internet for you? You don't know me, and I don't know you. Don't start questioning my character on the internet of all places. So please, stop thinking you are the omniprescent or something.

You just have to love the internet. If I get banned, no big deal. The only person who seems to have their panties twisted about this is you. If you look, people are still staying on the topic.
And if Chris 18 wants to match wits with me, please bring him along. Cripes. I don't own the game. Just said as a point to point out the obviousness of the trolling going on in this thread. Maybe some boards have a business plan of promoting choas so that reasonable folk stay away and never post/get scared away. The reason why actions like that are banned have to do with the fact that most people running these things don't like to see their web sites lose loyal community members to people who post crap. If your post makes me think this is a joke board, am I going to waste my time at it?

Just thought I'd skim the surface of why goating is not a good thing. Do it on your amateur hour board.

Old
11-24-2003, 12:38 PM
shazata69

vCash:
Simpy idiotic, you did this just to get a reaction outta people? Get a life.

There has never been 3 D-man gone from the same team in any deal. Stick to nhl 2004 where thats possible.

Closed Thread