HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Mike Modano

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2003, 01:35 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

vCash: 500
Mike Modano

In the interest of fairness and sensitivity, here is a clip of Modano going down like the Titanic. If the Ducks announcers' commentary gets too heavy-handed for you, just think of Costner giving the play-by-play for Zapruder: back...and to the left. Back....and to the left.

Old
11-20-2003, 01:39 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Well aren't you the big man. Everyone lets all collectively pat him on the back.

Ironically, its against the Ducks again. Who would have guessed????

Old
11-20-2003, 01:40 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Henny Youngman. Am I right?

Old
11-20-2003, 01:59 PM
Shane

But it was okay when Kariya did it in Anaheim, right? I mean, that's all that matters, huh?

Old
11-20-2003, 02:01 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Who said that?

Got any comment on the subject at hand?

Old
11-20-2003, 02:01 PM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
LOL. Dives are hilarious.

Old
11-20-2003, 03:09 PM
AvsGuy

dude, do you ever start a thread not related to someone diving when they play the Ducks?

jeez, i kinda hope the Duck's start winning just so you'll run out of things to ***** about.

Old
11-20-2003, 03:44 PM
William H Bonney

Well, he wouldn't be able to dive if the Ducks didn't suck and play clutch and grab hockey.

11-20-2003, 03:46 PM
190Octane

Someone *****ed that people only complain about dives when it's the Avalanche doing it. So in fairness to the Avalanche because everyone is obviously so jealous of them and biased against them, I guess CFOB is going to broadcast dives from around the league.

More power to him.

Old
11-20-2003, 04:01 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishinator05
I guess CFOB is going to broadcast dives from around the league.
Of course, only when it happens against his ducks.

Old
11-20-2003, 04:19 PM
wazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishinator05
Someone *****ed that people only complain about dives when it's the Avalanche doing it. So in fairness to the Avalanche because everyone is obviously so jealous of them and biased against them, I guess CFOB is going to broadcast dives from around the league.

More power to him.
That is a terrific plan. Every dive should get its own thread. Except when an Avs player 'dives'. That is worthy of two threads even when many do not believe it was a 'dive' at all and when the aleged 'dive' had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

Better yet...why don't you petition Hockey's Future to get a whole board dedicated to Diving. After all, they have one for the business side of hockey and what is more important...Diving or the new CBA?

I will be watching for your diving thread tonight. There are 6 or 7 games or so...surely there will be at least one dive worthy of your attention. Hey. The Avs play tonight...maybe we can get two threads. But the Ducks don't play, so maybe we will get none.

Old
11-20-2003, 04:36 PM
wazee

Sarcasm aside...the other way one could be 'fair' would be to post no threads about diving at all....

Old
11-20-2003, 04:55 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
Of course, only when it happens against his ducks.
I only have access to video tapes of Ducks games. If anybody has a request of an incident involving a Ducks player diving I'd be happy to post that too, since I'd have access to the video. Just lemme know.

Old
11-20-2003, 04:59 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazee
Every dive should get its own thread. Except when an Avs player 'dives'. That is worthy of two threads even when many do not believe it was a 'dive' at all

The original thread was closed before the video was up, or I would have posted it there. There are certain posters (you, RIAL) who like to spin threads off the topic and onto the alleged character of the posters.

Quote:
and when the aleged 'dive' had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of the game.
Neither do threads about fashion, jersies, helmets, but they seem to show up pretty frequently. Helpy Helperson says: a good rule of thumb is to avoid looking at threads that you don't like...then you won't seem so surly and bitter.

Old
11-20-2003, 04:59 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Every dive should get its own thread. Except when an Avs player 'dives'. That is worthy of two threads.
even better, why don't we start an ENTIRE WEBSITE dedicated to the Avalanche and their supposed diving habits?!? FRICKIN AWESOME!!!

whoa...i think my IQ just dropped a few points there. ow, it hurts...

Old
11-20-2003, 05:27 PM
wazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
The original thread was closed before the video was up, or I would have posted it there. There are certain posters (you, RIAL) who like to spin threads off the topic and onto the alleged character of the posters.

Neither do threads about fashion, jersies, helmets, but they seem to show up pretty frequently. Helpy Helperson says: a good rule of thumb is to avoid looking at threads that you don't like...then you won't seem so surly and bitter.
But yours was not a post on the subject of fashion, jersies, etc. It wasn't even a generic post on the evils of diving. You made 2 very specific posts accusing Joe Sakic of diving. That is hardly a neutral subject.

Ignoring the Anti-Avs bias on this board only allowed it to grow unchallenged. When it got to the point that nearly every thread having anything to do with the Avs or an Avs player ended up getting hijacked by the Avs haters, I decided ignoring it was not working. So I started calling it what it is. And I will continue to do so.

Now if you want to avoid my posts, you can put me on your ignore list. But I will be reading yours...and when I feel the need to do so, I will answer them...

Old
11-20-2003, 05:36 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Ignoring the Anti-Avs bias on this board only allowed it to grow unchallenged. When it got to the point that nearly every thread having anything to do with the Avs or an Avs player ended up getting hijacked by the Avs haters, I decided ignoring it was not working. So I started calling it what it is. And I will continue to do so.
But you're revealing your own pathology in the process. You and your ilk killed the first thread, bawling about where posters are from. I don't like the Avs - doesn't make me anti-Avs. I don't care about them so much that I'd devote a lot of time to disliking them. They're like the Coyotes or the Wild to me. Just a team that when I see them on Center Ice I say "blech" and change the channel.

I posted the video because I had an argument and had actual data to back it up, something rarely found here. The argument was that Joe Sakic dove on that play. Not that all Avs are divers or the Avalanche are evil or whatever else you may, in your seige mentality, have read into it.

Quote:
Now if you want to avoid my posts, you can put me on your ignore list. But I will be reading yours...and when I feel the need to do so, I will answer them...
I've never actually encountered you before this. I probably will avoid threads you start in the future, since I don't like you and it wouldn't go anywhere constructive.

But honestly, following someone around just to tell them how much you don't like them is creepy.

Old
11-20-2003, 05:36 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I'm sorry, but take this garbage to your own board. Three threads in what two days time? one days time? You know what your doing, and your deliberately trying to make people angry. Things like this are not only ridiculous, but they make me sick. Again, you know what your doing, so stop.

Old
11-20-2003, 05:40 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Two threads, Captain One-Liner. Perfectly relevant given the context of this board.

The first was by itself because the original thread was closed (because it went off topic). This one, the second one, was an attempt to show that I have no specific bias towards the Avs.

I don't really care if it made you sick. If reading certain things actually makes you nauseated you might want to seek medical advice. There are illnesses of the eye and optic tract which can cause that and are sometimes degenerative.

Old
11-20-2003, 05:47 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
But yours was not a post on the subject of fashion, jersies, etc. It wasn't even a generic post on the evils of diving. You made 2 very specific posts accusing Joe Sakic of diving. That is hardly a neutral subject.
First, I only made one thread about Joe Sakic.

Second, you said that the thread was invalid because it didn't have anything to do with the outcome of the game. What I'm saying is, neither do the fashion threads, yet they are ubiquitous.

Third, if threads aimed at specific players aren't allowed, then there are a lot of threads that need to be closed.

Old
11-20-2003, 06:19 PM
wazee

Quote:
But you're revealing your own pathology in the process. You and your ilk killed the first thread, bawling about where posters are from. I don't like the Avs - doesn't make me anti-Avs. I don't care about them so much that I'd devote a lot of time to disliking them. They're like the Coyotes or the Wild to me. Just a team that when I see them on Center Ice I say "blech" and change the channel.

I posted the video because I had an argument and had actual data to back it up, something rarely found here. The argument was that Joe Sakic dove on that play. Not that all Avs are divers or the Avalanche are evil or whatever else you may, in your seige mentality, have read into it.

I've never actually encountered you before this. I probably will avoid threads you start in the future, since I don't like you and it wouldn't go anywhere constructive.

But honestly, following someone around just to tell them how much you don't like them is creepy.
Relax. I am not going to 'follow you around'. Neither am I going to put you on my ignore list because I would not want to miss your next post about the Avs or and Avs player.

You can claim that you have no bias against the Avs and you only wanted to have an intellectual discussion about about that one specific play...but it would be tough to sell that to anyone who read your posts on the Ducks board.

I must admit, I am kind of surprised that you 'dislike' me. It never occurred to me to bother to dislike you. I rarely bother to dislike people I actually know much less nameless, faceless entities behind a keyboard. I don't think I will lose any sleep over it, though.

This is my last post on this thread. So you get the last word.

Old
11-20-2003, 06:55 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Two threads, Captain One-Liner. Perfectly relevant given the context of this board.

The first was by itself because the original thread was closed (because it went off topic). This one, the second one, was an attempt to show that I have no specific bias towards the Avs.
Again, you know what your doing. Your trying to bait fans, and your doing it in a very deliberate fashion. Just stop. You lose respect and credibility on these boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full of Booger
I don't really care if it made you sick. If reading certain things actually makes you nauseated you might want to seek medical advice. There are illnesses of the eye and optic tract which can cause that and are sometimes degenerative.
Thanks for the sarcasm. Hopefully you took what I said for what it obviously was, a figure of speech.

Old
11-20-2003, 08:40 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Mike never left his feet and got right up after he fell. Seems to me he lost his balance. Or else he'd be pretty darn stupid making such a dive at decent speed near the boards.

I couldn't care less though, but frankly, I don't see what all the commotion is when it comes to dives.

Old
11-20-2003, 09:35 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Thanks for the sarcasm.
Well aren't you the big man. Everyone lets all collectively pat him on the back.

No. Thank you.

Old
11-20-2003, 11:13 PM
Shane

Quote:
I only have access to video tapes of Ducks games. If anybody has a request of an incident involving a Ducks player diving I'd be happy to post that too, since I'd have access to the video. Just lemme know.
Paul Kariya said this while playing for the Ducks last year:

Quote:
"I'm going through the neutral zone and I've got a guy tugging me through the whole way. If I don't go down, I'm not going to get a call."

Closed Thread