HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official GDT: Panthers v Maple Leafs 10/09/06

Old
10-09-2006, 09:20 PM
PsychoticPanther

vCash: 500
Well ****.

PsychoticPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:21 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Auld is the first star.

ratmanfu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:22 PM
HockeySS19

I have to just wonder how we can keep losing games (though it's been two so far). We have so much talent, what's holding us back? Could it be a coach, such as Martin and his style of play? Could it be bad communication between the players?

HockeySS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Panthers_Fan

At least Auld kept us in it, so that we could get the point.

Panthers_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:23 PM
patastrophe

Send a message via Yahoo to patastrophe
every guy on the ice for the panthers tonight besides auld should be kicking themselves in the ***. could have had the extra point but no one showed up besides auld.

patastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Laus723
Future Now

At least we know the goaltending situation isn't a concern. At least the #1 position anyway.

PanthersFanatic12

I cant believe this everytime we go to toronto , the leafs win somehow, its like a curse at the acc . Auld is the man , he was amazing . At least we got a point . GO PANTHERS GO!

PanthersFanatic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lauser3*

47 saves is not too shabby for this kid. On the other hand, I thought Martin's style is defensive?

Lauser3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:26 PM
silver_made*

Same old Panther hockey.

Goalie is left out to dry by his defensemen, opposition puts up 40+ shots, goalie stands on head to give his team a chance to win, and the rest of the squad provides next-to-no offensive support.

I'm very curious to see how long it takes for Florida to match its total number of goals from Game 1. So far two games since and ONE GOAL.

And, of course, what kind of coach does Florida have: defensive minded.

Another long season ahead, and I'm not talking about extended postseason play.

silver_made* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lobstertainment

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Auld was awesome for you guys, it's a shame that someone has to lose a game like this.

Very entertaining game by the Panthers, nice mix of veterans and youth. You guys are going to have a very good season.

Lobstertainment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mules
Waiting for hockey

I see Auld with 45+ saves Sounds like you guys could get a steal for # 1 goalie.

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
If Auld can even play the rest of the year at 50% of what he did tonight, and if the team in front of him could start playing better, Florida makes the playoffs.

Scoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:30 PM
PantherBlood6*

this team looks absolutley abysmal right now. no teamwork whatsoever. there's no cohesion. none.

its like if every player on the ice is trying to score/defend 1 v. 5. maybe they haven't had time to gel, but other teams have made plenty of changes in the offseason and i haven't seen anyone look this bad yet. we can't make simple outlet passes...hell, we can't make any passes right now. it might sound as if i'm being sarcastic, and it's pretty pathetic that i'm not.

as if that wasn't enough, any individual battles along the boards or to loose pucks, we lose them 99.9% of the time. we're getting outskated, outhustled, out-everythinged.

this team has the ability, but i'm not seeing the effort from anyone aside from a select-few players (auld, in particular). where's jokinen been? aside from a meaningless goal in an 8-3 win he hasn't done a thing. i got alot of grief last year for holding luongo accountable for his poor play and this is no different. for all the talk we heard from this team, they sure as hell aren't playing as if they are desperate for a playoff win.

i feel bad for auld - what a show he put on tonight. i don't think i saw luongo keep us in a game like that all year long last season, so no one even bring up "the trade". this game should have atlanta all over again...probably even worse. he was unbelievable.

PantherBlood6* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:32 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherBlood6 View Post
this team looks absolutley abysmal right now. no teamwork whatsoever. there's no cohesion. none.

its like if every player on the ice is trying to score/defend 1 v. 5. maybe they haven't had time to gel, but other teams have made plenty of changes in the offseason and i haven't seen anyone look this bad yet. we can't make simple outlet passes...hell, we can't make any passes right now. it might sound as if i'm being sarcastic, and it's pretty pathetic that i'm not.

as if that wasn't enough, any individual battles along the boards or to loose pucks, we lose them 99.9% of the time. we're getting outskated, outhustled, out-everythinged.

this team has the ability, but i'm not seeing the effort from anyone aside from a select-few players (auld, in particular). where's jokinen been? aside from a meaningless goal in an 8-3 win he hasn't done a thing. i got alot of grief last year for holding luongo accountable for his poor play and this is no different. for all the talk we heard from this team, they sure as hell aren't playing as if they are desperate for a playoff win.

i feel bad for auld - what a show he put on tonight. i don't think i saw luongo keep us in a game like that all year long last season, so no one even bring up "the trade". this game should have atlanta all over again...probably even worse. he was unbelievable.
Ok we keep this up, Bertuzzi's gone by November. Martin is PISSING me off, how can he be in charge of his coaching position and GM, there's no one to fire him now except Cohen, see, Keenan is a smart man, he wanted to fire Jacques, it would have been the right move. CHANGE DAMMIT.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:33 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySS19 View Post
I have to just wonder how we can keep losing games (though it's been two so far). We have so much talent, what's holding us back? Could it be a coach, such as Martin and his style of play? Could it be bad communication between the players?
if you believe the experts, it's the former not the latter. they really went off on martin between periods. "this has been his style from guelph in the OHL to...". in my opinion, i'd rather watch a team go for it for 60 minutes and lose 5-4 than play like a bunch of *******. maybe we canned the wrong guy??? it would be par for the course for a florida owner who knows nothing about the game.

on the bright side, from what i've seen this season, jbo is headed for absolute greatness. i mean, that second-to-last shift was absolute magic: the great scoring chance in deep, recovering to break up the counter. that was just unbelievable. we haven't seen a big payoff in the scoresheet thus far but he has been a joy to watch. great skill, great effort.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:33 PM
MissCanuck7

Well you guys still had a point but it'd be nice if you take the extra point as well.

Auld - one word. IMPRESSIVE. Kept you guys in the game and stole a point. GO AULDY! keep up the good work. heck I miss him..

MissCanuck7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:35 PM
BORAT

Auld has made Borat a participant to this forum

Feast my monkies as this is a Goalie clinic, such as ones you will never see

Auld made me forget Luongo tonight

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Garbs
HFBoards Sponsor

Auld was amazing.

10-09-2006, 09:38 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnCzeSniper96 View Post
Ok we keep this up, Bertuzzi's gone by November. Martin is PISSING me off, how can he be in charge of his coaching position and GM, there's no one to fire him now except Cohen, see, Keenan is a smart man, he wanted to fire Jacques, it would have been the right move. CHANGE DAMMIT.

Change will come if the team doesn't find a way to win. Cohen will pull the trigger, especially when good friend Keenan is always waiting in the wings.

same-old, same-old

ratmanfu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:41 PM
mikefavata
A.I.M.

Quote:
Quoted for truth.

mikefavata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
I saw the first 8 minutes or so and picked the game up again with about 5 left in the 3rd (had a game myself). They looked good in the last few minutes of the third and okay in OT, but looking at the scoresheet and reading the posts here, we played like crap. Auld looked real good from everything I saw and man do I feel bad when I see a goalie stand on his head and lose. You could see the frustration, and I can't say I blame him. The only bright spots I can take from this game was the play of Bouwmeester (for the 15-20 minutes I saw) and the fact that Auld may be a very suitable goalie for us.

Can someone tell me what happened to Olesz and Nieuwendyk? I know they were both injured, but I can't go back and watch it cause the roommate reclaimed the TV.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:45 PM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
i dont find martin to be the problem at all - i dont understand anyone that does, either.

we went 36-23-7 last year after november...something like 15-6-4 after the olympic break - and last years team was not nearly as impressive on paper as this one. decent forwards, terrible defense, inconsistent goaltending.

so what gives? how can it be the coach now but not last year?

everyone blames the coach when things go bad - it's the easy thing to do, but it's tough to sustain any type of attack (regardless of the system) when your passes are going 1/2 mph into your guys skates/on to the oppositions stick. there's no teamwork, no cohesion. the puck goes into the corner and instead of one guy skating to get it and the other guy skating to position for a pass, they both chase the puck and lose it.

potvin said it in the telecast. they aren't playing as a team. they skate into the zone 1 v. 5 and try to take on the entire maple leafs team. i saw a point in the game where stumpel skated the puck into the leafs zone along the boards and bertuzzi just stayed at the blueline waiting for the leafs to clear the puck - *** is that?

they aren't playing nhl hockey, they look like an all star team without the all-star talent. team canada in torino for example. ugly, and frustrating to watch, ESPECIALLY considering the "only" weakness we had was out goaltending and auld puts up a performance like that....

PantherBlood6* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:46 PM
zeroG

one of the other comments on the TSN broadcast tonight which really hit home - jacques' style is NOT the style you want to play... well, anywhere, i suppose, but the point these guys were trying to make was that it is no fun to watch. not something that's going to go over well in a glitzy market like sofla.

Old
10-09-2006, 09:48 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherBlood6 View Post
i saw a point in the game where stumpel skated the puck into the leafs zone along the boards and bertuzzi just stayed at the blueline waiting for the leafs to clear the puck - *** is that?
that is coaching pb6.

Old
10-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Gaebriel

Give it 10-12 games before you start the crying.

Gaebriel is offline   Reply With Quote