HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

JASON FLUBS 1st NHL START

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2003, 03:15 AM
KING

vCash: 500
JASON FLUBS 1st NHL START

http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/42961.htm

Old
11-21-2003, 03:16 AM
KING

Rangers let rook down

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-123387c.html

Old
11-21-2003, 04:18 AM
John Flyers Fan

Gotta love how Brooks says the rookie goalie was a major factor the Rangers lost last night.

Tanguay goal he has no chance.

2 other goals the Rangers let guys whack and whack away at loose rebounds.

Then Kovalev has one of the worst giveaways you'll ever see.

Somehow it's the rook's fault.

Old
11-21-2003, 04:27 AM
True Blue

Best thing that Brooks said was bringing into light that Lundmark and Ortmeyer not playing was a travesty. Vets make the sloppy plays. Vets do not backcheck. But it is Jaime and Jed who pay the price.
Labarbera was a little shaky, but couldn't some of the forwards help out by a little backcheck? And couldn't some of the defensemen help out by trying to clear the crease instead of hanging by the blue line looking to join a rush that is not happening?
Hockey's different here.

Old
11-21-2003, 04:33 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Best thing that Brooks said was bringing into light that Lundmark and Ortmeyer not playing was a travesty. Vets make the sloppy plays. Vets do not backcheck. But it is Jaime and Jed who pay the price.
Labarbera was a little shaky, but couldn't some of the forwards help out by a little backcheck? And couldn't some of the defensemen help out by trying to clear the crease instead of hanging by the blue line looking to join a rush that is not happening?
Hockey's different here.
What another freaking crock....Labarberra was indeed alittle shaky but the defense left him out to dry so many time...Jason got so see how not to play defense in the NHL---Give up the bluelin constantly, back your butt up into the goalies face constantly, blown assignments out the ying yang, no system....Leetch was abysmal, Maladog was all over the ice in a bad way, but the worst was Devries...And the three schmoes weren't much better..And don't get me started on the lack of backchecking...This team blows and there is no system of defense whatsoever

Old
11-21-2003, 04:37 AM
Larry Melnyk

TRUE BLUE - Your stuff wasn't a crock, I agree 100%...Was just responding to the title of Brooks' article...

Old
11-21-2003, 04:41 AM
Laches

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Gotta love how Brooks says the rookie goalie was a major factor the Rangers lost last night.

---Yeah, really. Saw some of your Flyboys last night, pretty strong effort, Hitch as them playing some pretty solid, disciplined hockey. Lemaire said after the game that they're playing the best he's seen in a while, and I'd probably agree. A little help from a couple of Kerry's Kooky Kalls, but, still, they were the clearly the better team and deserved the 'W' (and I'm sure you'll be on the wrong end of those from Mr. Fraser at some point this season if you haven't been already, everyone is, it all works out I suppose.)

Old
11-21-2003, 05:13 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laches
---Yeah, really. Saw some of your Flyboys last night, pretty strong effort, Hitch as them playing some pretty solid, disciplined hockey. Lemaire said after the game that they're playing the best he's seen in a while, and I'd probably agree.
The big difference between last years Flyers and this years is the power play. We played great defense pretty much all of last year, but with injuries we struggled mightily to score goals.

Last year we only scored 47 PP goals all year.

We already have 19 PP goals in 18 games.

We don't have any franchise type player, but this is the deepest team the Flyers have ever had.

Old
11-21-2003, 05:55 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:

Glen Sather syndrome

Old
11-21-2003, 06:08 AM
33teddy33

Send a message via ICQ to 33teddy33 Send a message via AIM to 33teddy33 Send a message via Yahoo to 33teddy33
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Glen Sather syndrome
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Old
11-21-2003, 06:11 AM
True Blue

Quote:
We don't have any franchise type player, but this is the deepest team the Flyers have ever had.
Fielding a team that has Roenick, Amonte, Rechi, Prims, Gagne, Desardins, etc. is not exactly fielding a team of nobodys.

Old
11-21-2003, 06:20 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Fielding a team that has Roenick, Amonte, Rechi, Prims, Gagne, Desardins, etc. is not exactly fielding a team of nobodys.

I'm not saying that we don't have good players, but we don't have a Thornton, Forsberg, Lidstrom etc. If you ranked the top 20 players in the NHL, we might not have one player on that list.

Old
11-21-2003, 06:36 AM
Teezax

Quote:
I'm not saying that we don't have good players, but we don't have a Thornton, Forsberg, Lidstrom etc. If you ranked the top 20 players in the NHL, we might not have one player on that list.
i disagree John, i think we can at least recognize JR as being a top 20 player in the league. He brings a lot to the team and we wouldn't be as good without him. He's the type of player that makes his teammates better, so for that i'll give him credit. He turned Recchi's and Amonte's career around. They were both slumping before playing with him.

Old
11-21-2003, 06:41 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
The Flyers definetely don't have a guy anywhere near the top 20 in the league but they have something more valueable---a coach in the top 2 or 3 that always has his team execute trap hockey perfectly and he gets it done on a nightly basis.Hitch is probrably 2nd to Lemaire only in this regard and in a league dominated by this style of play it is HUGE to have coaches that implement these systems better thatn anybody else.

And this just shows how stupid Slats and his ego can be.If you are finally going to give into trap hockey why not hire the best guy at implementing such systems when you had the chance?Answer---b/c he'd have recieved to much of the credit if he in fact turned us around where as Slats can bring in a background guy like Renney and still get all the credit if things worked out.

Of course the difference b/w Renney and Hitch is night and day but EGO takes priority with Slats.

Old
11-21-2003, 06:46 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
The Flyers definetely don't have a guy anywhere near the top 20 in the league but they have something more valueable---a coach in the top 2 or 3 that always has his team execute trap hockey perfectly and he gets it done on a nightly basis.Hitch is probrably 2nd to Lemaire only in this regard and in a league dominated by this style of play it is HUGE to have coaches that implement these systems better thatn anybody else.
I'll certainly agree with you that Hitchcock is in the top 2 or 3 coaches in the NHL. I would put him #1, and Lemaire #2, but they're very very close. I'd probably have Burns 3rd, and Crawford 4th.

IMO the best coach for the Rangers current roster would be Crawford. He likes more of an uptempo game, and not quite as defensive oriented as the othe 3 are. I think you would see the Rangers players respond to him.

Old
11-21-2003, 07:39 AM
True Blue

Quote:
IMO the best coach for the Rangers current roster would be Crawford. He likes more of an uptempo game, and not quite as defensive oriented as the othe 3 are. I think you would see the Rangers players respond to him.
I had wanted Crawford for a long, long time. Ever since the 'Lanche fired him. However, he may play an up-tempo game, but he still demands that his forwards backcheck and his defensemen clear the crease. Those things do not sit well with the current Rangers roster. That and the fact that Crawford demands that his players drive to the net and not just play on the perimeter.

Old
11-21-2003, 07:51 AM
Laches

Yeah, I was sorry we missed out on Crawford as well. He's done a terrific job in Vancouver. His teams play hard and they play responsibly. His teams have something that you don't see all that often, and that's an ability to beat you in a number of different ways. A lot teams are effective when they are able to play their system, but start to lose it when they're forced out of that. Crawford's teams can play it any way you want to play it. You want to get into a defensive struggle, they can grind it out, you want to get into a shootout, they can run-and-gun. Al Arbour was the master of that once upon a time, it's what's made those damn Islander teams so tough to beat.

Old
11-21-2003, 08:17 AM
True Blue

All this goes back to what I have been preaching for 6 years now. It ALL starts with proper coaching. And no Rangers turnaround is going to occur while Jackass is running the team. All teams are more or less a reflection of their coach. Vancouver is. Philly is. Heck, even Atlanta is. And is there any doubt that the Rangers are as well? They are even just as arrogant. How else can one explain the fact that this team routinely takes the so-called bottom feeders lightly? They seem to forget the fact that they are bottom-feeders themselves.
It has gotten so bad that I can no longer enjoy what seems to be an honest effort by the Rangers. By that I mean when watching a fist period of any game and the Rangers are playing well and doing what is necessary to win games, I cannot help but wonder when the other shoe will drop. And, inevitably off course, it does. I can no longer enjoy a 2 goal lead without thinking that it is inevitable that the Rangers will start to forget what got them the lead and blow it. And off course, they do.
These fatcats are a proper reflection of their coach. Completely out of touch with how to win a game in today's NHL.

Closed Thread