Where Can I Watch The Ducks Games???

Old
10-10-2006, 11:44 AM
Boston Killer

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Boston Killer
Where Can I Watch The Ducks Games???

Hi All,
I have Dish Network and NHL Center Ice package, but the Ducks game are always blacked out in my area (San Diego, CA). Does anyone know what other channel shows the Ducks games?
Thank you very much!

Boston Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 11:47 AM
braincramp

http://anaheimducks.com/tickets/schedule.php

braincramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Killer View Post
Hi All,
I have Dish Network and NHL Center Ice package, but the Ducks game are always blacked out in my area (San Diego, CA). Does anyone know what other channel shows the Ducks games?
Thank you very much!
You have to watch them on Fox Sports Prime Ticket (DirecTV 653 - not sure if Dish has it). If the game is broadcast on KCAL you are SOL.

When the Ducks are on the road Center Ice will show the game IF FSPT/KCAL does not show it.

EDIT: I'm not sure what's up with KDOC broadcasts. Last season CI was blacked out just like KCAL games, but I did get the Phoenix game Saturday on CI. Maybe I got lucky because CI is in their first week free period... don't know. A little worried though, the schedule has a lot of KDOC games on it.

Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 12:21 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

If you have Comcast internet, you can watch some (maybe 1 every 1.5 weeks or so) here http://www.comcast.net/sports/nhl/ho...hockey_landpge

Islanders game tomorrow is online.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Brodeur

Pretty sure Dish Network has FSW Prime Ticket (channel 411 or 417 of the top of my head). If you had regular digital cable (like me), you pretty much get every Ducks game blacked out on Center Ice and it's not broadcast anywhere on my normal range of channels. Pretty screwy, especially last year when there was no place to watch Calgary/Anaheim game 7.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Last night I was able to watch the game on FSP as well as center ice...strange that you couldnt.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Boston Killer

Send a message via ICQ to Boston Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Pretty sure Dish Network has FSW Prime Ticket (channel 411 or 417 of the top of my head). If you had regular digital cable (like me), you pretty much get every Ducks game blacked out on Center Ice and it's not broadcast anywhere on my normal range of channels. Pretty screwy, especially last year when there was no place to watch Calgary/Anaheim game 7.
I think you are right, 411 and 417 it is. I'll try it next time they play.

Boston Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 01:15 PM
iLau
Always Mighty

I wish Canadian cable would show more Ducks games.

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
If you had regular digital cable (like me), you pretty much get every Ducks game blacked out on Center Ice and it's not broadcast anywhere on my normal range of channels.
Yep, the whole reason I dropped Cox cable and went to DirecTV years ago was FSW2. Its very hard to be a San Diego Ducks fan without that channel.

Old
10-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Last night I was able to watch the game on FSP as well as center ice...strange that you couldnt.
Hmm, that's a bad sign KDOC will be blacked out next week.

Old
10-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Chistov23

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLau View Post
I wish Canadian cable would show more Ducks games.
NHL Center Ice. Then you get just about every game. I think only 1 or 2 weren't broadcasted last year.

Chistov23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Yep, the whole reason I dropped Cox cable and went to DirecTV years ago was FSW2. Its very hard to be a San Diego Ducks fan without that channel.
Hard = Impossible. The really dumb instance was how OLN blacked out game 7 of Calgary/Anaheim last season and we furiously went to every sports bar in a 15 mile radius only to find out that nobody had the game. Even sucks for people like my roommate who's a Sharks fan who gets 8 Ducks/Sharks games blacked out every year.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Hockey Duckie

Some people are able to watch FSW and Center Ice prolly because of the free viewing. I was able to watch other games on Center Ice, but I'm not a suscriber.

On DirecTV check FSW(Fox Sports West 652), FSPT (Fox Sports Prime Ticket 653, or FSW2), KDOC (56), OLN (608). If you go to YahooSports, the calender will tell you on which channel the game will be televised on, if televised.

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 12:39 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Killer View Post
Hi All,
Thank you very much!
They're not on the local Fox Sports channels? The games are blacked out if they're being shown on the local cable channels.

::edit::

Yeah they're on the local Fox Sports channels.

http://www.anaheimducks.com/tickets/schedule.php

If you can't get these on your dish, I'd suggest:

Hooters - Gaslamp, Mission Valley, Pacific Beach, etc.
Seau's in Mission Valley
Gaslamp Bars
Trophy's - UTC or Mission Valley
There's also a killer bar in the Golden Triangle near the Mirimar Base that is a haven for NHL fans. I just don't remember the name of it off the top of my head.

It all depends on what part of town you are in.

Last edited by Dolemite: 10-11-2006 at 04:10 AM.
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Duckie View Post
On DirecTV check FSW(Fox Sports West 652), FSPT (Fox Sports Prime Ticket 653, or FSW2), KDOC (56), OLN (608).
You don't get KDOC in the San Diego local-channels package. I'm going to be VERY unhappy if I'm blacked out for 30 games this season.

KCAL wasn't much of an issue, they carried like 4 games per season. Still irritating but you could deal with it.

Old
10-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
You don't get KDOC in the San Diego local-channels package. I'm going to be VERY unhappy if I'm blacked out for 30 games this season.

KCAL wasn't much of an issue, they carried like 4 games per season. Still irritating but you could deal with it.
The only way you could watch those games on Center Ice is if the other team is broadcasting the game.

I feel your pain. I'm a Canucks fan and when I last had Center Ice, I wasn't able to watch Pay-Per View Games unless they were being broadcast by the other team. IMO, this is something that the NHL REALLY needs to fix.

Old
10-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
The only way you could watch those games on Center Ice is if the other team is broadcasting the game.
Nope, the blackout on CI applies to both team's broadcast. If a local channel is showing the game the FCC forces you to watch it locally.

What screws us is there are two definitions of 'local' in play. According to DirecTV, KDOC/KCAL is NOT local so I don't get it. According to the FCC, they are local so CI is required to be blacked out.

Can you tell I'm frustrated by this?

Old
10-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Nope, the blackout on CI applies to both team's broadcast. If a local channel is showing the game the FCC forces you to watch it locally.

What screws us is there are two definitions of 'local' in play. According to DirecTV, KDOC/KCAL is NOT local so I don't get it. According to the FCC, they are local so CI is required to be blacked out.

Can you tell I'm frustrated by this?
Oh yeah I forgot about that rule.

If you are located in the Greater LA area (OC Included) the reason this is in place is because the NHL wants to grow fans in each of the territories that the Kings and Ducks own.

This rule works in areas like LA, Alberta, and the NY area but get this. I used to live in Seattle and we couldn't get Canucks PPV games or any games for that matter (CBC excluded as it's on Basic Cable in the Seattle Area Northward). Why? According to the Canucks, their 'territory' is BC and the Yukon (if memory serves). Take a guess what team includes Seattle as it's territory? The Oilers? The Flames? The Sharks? No, No and No. Seattle is the Avs territory. Lame, eh?