HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Could Aebisher- Huet become long term solution?

Old
10-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Habs4ever

vCash: 500
Could Aebisher- Huet become long term solution?

It would sound retarded but I say rather then thinking about trading Aebisher, lets think about resignning him, I know its bad idea to be paying two goaltenders but I'm all for it if he takes $2.5 million contract.

I'm not saying we should keep them forever but as it stands they're both great goalies and they atleast have three more season left in them, Lot of teams put all their eggs in one goalie and this has been going on forever but If habs can manage to maximize gain from both goalies then I say lets keep them both!!

Goaltending is the most important position in NHL, and I don't mind paying $5.5 Million for two goalie combination, and considering Theo was gone make $6 million anyways, I say lets keep our strnghts intact, for years goalies have saved our ***, and got us into playoff, lets recognize that fact.

Trading Aebisher wouldn't exactly get us top assets anyways so I say they're worth more to us then anything we would get in return, I was really hoping to see Aebisher traded until now, but After more though I don't see any reason to trade him!!

Toronto just traded their best goalteding prospect in offseason to gain respectable goaltending, we are lucky to have found two great goaltenders without giving up much, so lets enjoy great goaltending until it lasts!!

Habs4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Shabutie

Gotta make room for price...He's got more talent than Huet and he's better positionally than Aebischer. He'll be with the club within the next 2 years, so neither of these guys will be long term imo.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 08:26 PM
kostybros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Gotta make room for price...He's got more talent than Huet and he's better positionally than Aebischer. He'll be with the club within the next 2 years, so neither of these guys will be long term imo.
It's a luxury to have 2 good goalies but I think around the trade dead line, we should receive a good offer for one of them and we could trade him if the deal is right,for a center, or a denfense.

kostybros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 08:30 PM
wildone26*

Marc Andre Fleury is 3 years older then Price, and he might not be starting in the NHL today if he was playing for a team that had more serious aspirations and a better goaltender to beat out then Thibault. Price could conceivably take awhile to become a starting goalie in the NHL.

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 08:30 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogy View Post
It's a luxury to have 2 good goalies but I think around the trade dead line, we should receive a good offer for one of them and we could trade him if the deal is right,for a center, or a denfense.
Yeah it is possible the offer could be right but if it is not I would have no problem having this tandem for next year as well if all goes to plan!

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
He'll be with the club within the next 2 years
I give it 3 as an absolute MINIMUM. Forget how well he did in training camp, you do not rush a goalie like that ESPECIALLY when you have 2, 3, 4 other solid goalies that could play for Montreal as to not hurt Price's development. Please tell me how many 21 year old goalies you have seen in the past 10 years that have become #1's on teams that have a wealth of goaltender talent

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 09:50 PM
Artyukhin*

i dont think so .

abby wants to be number 1 . if he doesnt get it he wont resign here in the off season . its that simple

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
I give it 3 as an absolute MINIMUM. Forget how well he did in training camp, you do not rush a goalie like that ESPECIALLY when you have 2, 3, 4 other solid goalies that could play for Montreal as to not hurt Price's development. Please tell me how many 21 year old goalies you have seen in the past 10 years that have become #1's on teams that have a wealth of goaltender talent
We don't even have a clear cut number 1. Huet hasn't proven that he's "all that" and we all know that without a ton of work with Rollie Melanson, Abby isn't good enough positionally to be consistent. Then you have Danis and Halak who will probably both be nothing more than 2nd or 3rds. So I don't see a real "Wealth" that you talk about. NYR and Buffalo have a wealth of goalies.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 07:36 AM
!nkubus

I would say it's a luxury to have 6 Goalies(Huet, Abby,Price,Danis,Halak,Desjardins) who can become a #1 (just not here). Even if I really liked Danis I think he might get packaged this year to make room for Price in Hamilton next year. We also have to check on Halak and Dejardins. If Danis stay Huet or Abby is gone this year. I love the depth we have at that position.

Edit:

Funny I say the absolute opposite of Shabutie

Last edited by !nkubus: 10-11-2006 at 07:38 AM. Reason: funny
!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Pascal

If Huet can be great all season, I'd trade Abby and get Danis up. He's ready.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote