HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kenny Jönsson

Old
10-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Chimp

vCash: 500
Kenny Jönsson

I just thought of something. Can not Rangers management ask Nylander and Lundqvist to start terrorizing Kenny Jönsson with phone calls in the middle of the night until he agrees to sign a contract with Rangers? If Rangers would get a guy like him on the D, man... alot of trouble would be solved.

The problem is, I'm not sure Jönsson ever returns to NHL. But, I have heard indication he might be open for suggestions after this season in Sweden.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 07:45 PM
VEGASRANGERFAN

I wouldn't want him

VEGASRANGERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 08:11 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Same. Don't become like JOrts

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Geogaddi

We have plenty of D-men right now. Really dont think we should add another. If i remember, i think he stated that he has no intention of ever play over here again.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Same. Don't become like JOrts
not even close to the same thing. this is an established player over the age of 30, not some UFA or waiver wire marginal player under the age of 26 with either good size or speed.

if Jonsson wants to come over, I'd definetly invite him.

Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:07 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
not even close to the same thing. this is an established player over the age of 30, not some UFA or waiver wire marginal player under the age of 26 with either good size or speed.

if Jonsson wants to come over, I'd definetly invite him.
What? I meant the poster JOrts. Lol. Misunderstanding

Old
10-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
What? I meant the poster JOrts. Lol. Misunderstanding
I understand perfectly.

Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:37 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
We have plenty of D-men right now. Really dont think we should add another. If i remember, i think he stated that he has no intention of ever play over here again.
We have plenty of d-men?

We have plenty of d-men which SUCK.

Jonsson would be a HUGE upgrade over every single defenseman on our roster.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 10:17 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
We have plenty of d-men?

Uh, not over A Ward or Kasper or Toots

Old
10-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Chimp

I guess you haven't seen Kenny Jönsson play in a long time. I'm talking about a D-man who turned out to be voted the best D-man in the entire olympic tournament. And he didn't exactly compete against average Joe's. I personally think Lidström was better, but Jönsson was very impressive. Very calm and skilled play in both ends.

I thought a season in such a weak division (he is playing in the division below SEL because of his heart to the club) would make him worse, but it seems exactly the opposite happened.

As for "Rangers already have D-men", yes, but Jönsson is better than any D-man Rangers has on this team right now. And I'm not kidding.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 11:06 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
I guess you haven't seen Kenny Jönsson play in a long time. I'm talking about a D-man who turned out to be voted the best D-man in the entire olympic tournament. And he didn't exactly compete against average Joe's. I personally think Lidström was better, but Jönsson was very impressive. Very calm and skilled play in both ends.

I thought a season in such a weak division (he is playing in the division below SEL because of his heart to the club) would make him worse, but it seems exactly the opposite happened.

As for "Rangers already have D-men", yes, but Jönsson is better than any D-man Rangers has on this team right now. And I'm not kidding.
He has had concussion problems in the past and not physical. I dont want him unless its one year deal and replaces Ozo on the roster. Id rather have someone more physical, can clear the crease and not have head issues.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 12:34 AM
Geogaddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
We have plenty of d-men?

hey ill agree...our defense is shabby. But thats what we have to much of at the time. Ofcourse he would be a huge upgrade over some of the guys we have right now. But thats not logical, because hes done with the NHL.

Trust me im as frustrated as much as the next fan looking at our Defense in the last game against the Flyers, they were pathetic. But Jonsson isnt exactly what we need right now. We have enough d-men who like to pinch already in Rachunek, Pock, Tyutin, and soon enough Ozo.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 04:04 AM
KRM

He has a nice new house in Ängelholm and he has said it a bunch of times, we wont see him in the NHL anymore.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 07:02 AM
hdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krm500 View Post
He has a nice new house in Ängelholm and he has said it a bunch of times, we wont see him in the NHL anymore.
Well he has.
And he has stated times and times again that he will play out his contract with Rögle, no matter what.

But he has also stated that come next spring he see what comes along and then sit down with his family to discuss.

A good offer from a good team and he might very well do a year or two more, if he feels that his body is up to it.

Or have a year or two with Brother J in Färjestad.

But he might just as well continue in Rögle (who have a good chance of playing SEL next season) or step down and work with Rögle in some other capacity.

I think that when the he left for Rögle during the lockout he was quite tired over playing, or rehabbing in NY.
So during the lockout he (of course) played for Rögle and together with family decided to resettle for good.

But the success both with Rögle and with Olympics and IIHF WC has rejuvinated him a good deal.

I'd say that it's 25% each (NHL, Färjestad, Rögle on ice, Rögle off ice).

And as a sidenote.
When he got the best D in Turin he thanked for it but stated that Lidström was best D.
When Kronwall got MVP in Riga he thanked for it but stated that Kenny was much better.

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote