HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Glass is Half Full

Old
10-11-2006, 11:27 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
The Glass is Half Full

I'm liking that we get to see the team with Jagr not at 100%. When he's fully healthy he will again start to Dominate the puck, but for now we see what really lies in the depth of the team.

I like that there are other players getting involved in the scoring. We needed more of that last year and it appears to be taking hold with the changes made in the off season

I do feel the team has played with less than a full effort the last two games and took some undisciplined penalties. Mr. Renny will need to be addressing that issue directly.

10-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Levitate

ultimately, I think if the Rangers just skate, then they'll be fine. Last night they weren't skating hard at all.

it's only 3 games into the season, so no reason to get worked up

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 12:35 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
ultimately, I think if the Rangers just skate, then they'll be fine. Last night they weren't skating hard at all.

it's only 3 games into the season, so no reason to get worked up
thats what ive said about this game in three 3 threads now. Skate. Skate Skate. When the Rangers have their legs they win or play a solid game everytime. ITs simpel as that. When they skate everything falls into place, when they dont everything goes wrong, the bounces too.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 04:52 PM
dank

Cullen had heart last night.. pretty much it.. (obviously Hollweg)

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 06:20 PM
shoothepuck

They do need to skate, but you also need to question why they weren't motivated to play a game at home against a rival team, and how they were basically spectators for two and a half periods, 3 games into the season.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Teams play bad games over the course of an 82 game season...

The panic button has been pressed way to early but some on this board and other boards...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Levitate

i don't think they were necessarily unmotivated...i got the feeling that they were being overly cautious because of the crazy game over the weekend. it's like they wanted to be slow and deliberate and try to control play that way, but it was just a bad idea

less about motivation and more about confidence and readiness to play their own kind of game

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 08:56 PM
Mitchy

I agree Levitate. Why they felt/played this way I am not sure of though.

Also, not only did the Rangers not seem to have there legs last night, but they were not playing with there heads at all. Players seemed to be all over the ice, defensemen(Ex. Tyutin) out of position or caught up the ice(rosy), forwards not picking up there guys(betts). We saw some of this on Sat, which is probably why some of the players(Shanahan quote) admitted to not playing that great of a game on Sat.

Let me just reiterate the fact that this is only the 3rd game. Renney has plenty of time to right the ship and I have no doubts that he will.

Mitchy is offline   Reply With Quote