HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Radio Rumour: NYI-St. Louis

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-21-2003, 11:58 AM
  #76
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,413
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
Jackman will not be moved for Niinimaa. St Louis gets boned on that deal, and they're the ones accepting a salary dump.

If Niinimaa moves, the Islanders get awful thin on defense. They'd need a lesser defenceman back. If Mayers is indeed part of the deal (which I highly, highly doubt for reasons that have been said by others) I could see Khavanov and Mayers for Niinimaa. Although even that might be overpayment...Khavanov straight up might do it.



CBS sportline reports that around 11/04/03 the Flames and nyi talked about Parrish,Hamrlik,Guathier and Lydman.Marr who covers the Flames has reported the nyi are not interested in dealing any of their top 4.

The press in Chicago has reported that the Hawks want either Niinimaa or Hamrlik included in a Parrish deal,but that the nyi are pushing Parrish+Cairns instead.

NY beatwriters are reporting the Isles are pushing Parrish+Cairns.

NY Daily News reports that the Wings who just lost Hatcher are sniffing around for a defensemen.


Khavanov and Mayers for Niinimaa?Riigghhhhtttt

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 12:00 PM
  #77
Trottier
Very Random
 
Trottier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 28,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
now comes the long thread about how nyi fans underrate Salvador,how Salvador+spare parts is fair value for Niinimaa


This is a bit OT, but the only thing I am certain about in the midst of all these NYI-related trade rumors with names like Hamrlik, Janne, Peca, and Parrish being thrown around: if they were to come true, some NHL team(s) are going to be getting some talented players, who likely will be "re-born" once away from the "pins and needles" environment that is NYI currently.

I mean, couldn't you just see Peca suddenly getting his game back, were he to go to winning, veteran team like the Blues? Or what Hamrlik or Janne would do on the Wings? I certainly could.

A winning environment begets winning, productive players. Mediocrity begets mediocrity.

Trottier is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 12:00 PM
  #78
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
I disagree. He's had more than a half dozen games already this year where he has been downright bad. A prefect example was Wednesday night when he was particularly horrible... especially when Savage skated right around him and put the puck in the net.
Savage did go around him like a pylon for the 1st Phoenix goal, but in fairness to Baron the whole team blew coverage on that he had a ton of speed on that play meaning one of the forwards didnt help out at all. To me Baron has been solid. The Blues need to tighten up on D they have been getting away from their game recently they need to fix that.

c-carp is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 12:02 PM
  #79
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
now comes the long thread about how nyi fans underrate Salvador,how Salvador+spare parts is fair value for Niinimaa
I think a lot of fans who dont see him a lot underestimate how Solid Salvador is, not singling out Isles fans.

c-carp is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 12:04 PM
  #80
degroat*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: http://nhl.degroat.n
Posts: 8,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
Savage did go around him like a pylon for the 1st Phoenix goal, but in fairness to Baron the whole team blew coverage on that he had a ton of speed on that play meaning one of the forwards didnt help out at all. To me Baron has been solid. The Blues need to tighten up on D they have been getting away from their game recently they need to fix that.
To me, the only D-man that has been worse is Khavanov.

degroat* is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 12:04 PM
  #81
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,413
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
OK, Ill offer Salvador in place of Khavanov?

didn't we(Blues and NYI fans),recently go thru a really long thread, about how Salvador was a big dropoff talentwise from the nyi top 4,how it's debatable if Salvador even beats out Martinek as the nyi #5 defenseman?

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 12:10 PM
  #82
topshelf331
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Stl
Country: United States
Posts: 2,214
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
I don't know how he did it, but you'd be amazed how much better he was this year compared to last year.
He added some size also. He is alot stronger. Ditto for shefflmaeir(sp?). That guy did a 180 from the previous season also.

topshelf331 is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 12:12 PM
  #83
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 38,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
OK, Ill offer Salvador in place of Khavanov?

*sigh*

__________________
Man, do I ever miss Oleg Kvasha. If Oleg was here, everything would be OK.
Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 12:16 PM
  #84
Trottier
Very Random
 
Trottier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 28,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
OK, Ill offer Salvador in place of Khavanov?
At the risk of ticking off Crew and Darth :p , Salvador, Mayers and a pick might get it done, if NYI's #1 priority was shedding salary. Problem is, that exchange doesn't save them much $$$.

If in fact, dumping salary were the motivating factor for NYI, I'd see something more along these lines (not endorsing it):

Salvador, #1 for Janne

(Worth remembering that the Blues draft position will be late in the 1st round. Or the pick can be deferred until '05.)

Isles get a servicable #4/5 guy, and a "future", and save $$$.

Blues upgrade their d corp measurably.

Trottier is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 12:18 PM
  #85
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 38,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
At the risk of ticking off Crew and Darth :p , Salvador, Mayers and a pick might get it done, if NYI's #1 priority was shedding salary. Problem is, that exchange doesn't save them any $$$.

If in fact, dumping salary were the motivating factor for NYI, I'd see something more along these lines (not endorsing it):

Salvador, #1 for Janne

(Worth remembering that the Blues draft position will be late in the 1st round. Or the pick can be deferred until '05.)

Isles get a servicable #4/5 guy, and a "future", and save $$$.

Blues upgrade their d corp measurably.
Actually, if it was a salary dump, then I think a pick and a prospect would go before that deal.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 12:19 PM
  #86
Trottier
Very Random
 
Trottier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 28,131
vCash: 500
Well, isn't it a salary dump? I certainly think it would be.

Trottier is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 12:33 PM
  #87
degroat*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: http://nhl.degroat.n
Posts: 8,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillson2Berge2Weinie
This whole thread is bogus and that's fact. I thought the Hammer was on the block but from what I have heard it would take a monster deal to get him off the Island (and yes I was in Miami and Tampa and talked to someone with an insurmountable amount of information when it comes to the Isle). I don't think even Svistov could get the Hammer at this time unless he came with Kubina as well. Players on the block are Peca, Parrish, and Cairns. Carry on.

BTW
No Trotts I am not related to Steinbrenner or Snyder but I do have money...
Perhaps you could share what evidence it is that you have that makes it a 'fact' that this guy who reported this rumor is wrong?

degroat* is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 12:44 PM
  #88
disles1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillson2Berge2Weinie
Isles are not going to get rid of guys who are actually earning their salary ala Ninnamma, Hammrlik, Jonnson, Aucoin. They are not interested in proving points like "Playing hard, earning your keep well now your out of here", you see that's a bad message. But Peca OTH who is ROBBING the Isles of money with his play the last two years is available...
Who told you Peca ia available?? You might wish he were but I doubt it

disles1 is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 01:10 PM
  #89
VaporXX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In Transit
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
Why does everyone mention Janne or the Hammer but not Kenny "Mr.Softy" Jonsson. I've been lobbying for Jonsson to be traded for the last 5 seasons.
Hopefully it looks like this:
Jonsson & Peca (Whos' writing a new book, "The Peca Rules")
for
Demitra, Mayers & Salvador

VaporXX is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 01:16 PM
  #90
Nick Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Backman and Kenny J are completely different players. Backman is much more offensively talented and doesn't have Kenny's defensive game.
You have no idea how good or bad Backman's "defensive game" is.

Since when are you such an expert on the Blues' prospects?

You've stated multiple times in the past that you do not follow the Blues closely. How many times have you seen the kid play? Ever watched him live?

Catch many Frolunda games there, Darth?

Only you would have the audacity to try and compare a player you nothing about to Kenny J.

You like to mouth off like youre some kind of expert, but you basically have no clue what youre talking about. Some might call you a fraud.

Nick Blue is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 01:32 PM
  #91
Trottier
Very Random
 
Trottier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 28,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporXX
Why does everyone mention Janne or the Hammer but not Kenny "Mr.Softy" Jonsson. I've been lobbying for Jonsson to be traded for the last 5 seasons.

Hopefully it looks like this:
Jonsson & Peca (Whos' writing a new book, "The Peca Rules")
for
Demitra, Mayers & Salvador
Wow, I hope you "sell" that offer a little more persuasively to Blues' GM Larry Pleau. :p You rip both KJ and Peca, and then turnaround and ask the Blues to give up an elite goal scorer and two servicable players for them?

Trottier is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 01:38 PM
  #92
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The bushes
Country: United States
Posts: 8,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
Jamal Myers would be part of the package going back to NY.

Mayers and Sejna would be my guess.

Vatican Roulette is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 01:55 PM
  #93
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 38,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Blue
You have no idea how good or bad Backman's "defensive game" is.

Since when are you such an expert on the Blues' prospects?

You've stated multiple times in the past that you do not follow the Blues closely. How many times have you seen the kid play? Ever watched him live?

Catch many Frolunda games there, Darth?

Only you would have the audacity to try and compare a player you nothing about to Kenny J.

You like to mouth off like youre some kind of expert, but you basically have no clue what youre talking about. Some might call you a fraud.

Actually, I do know a bit about Backman.

Backman played about 15 games in the NHL, a few of which I've seen. I seen him once or twice in the AHL as well. Granted, I've never seen him live in NHL play - only on DirecTV. What I've seen of him is fairly consistent with the multiple scouting reports I've read. And, yes, scouting reports do count for something. I trust the THN, Central Scouting, and Redline far more than comments by you.

And, btw, the reason I stated that I don't follow the Blues closely is that I wanted to make sure that every poster reading understood that I was basing my opinion on fairly limited observations. I'm quite sure you don't base all of your comments or opinion on every player based on extensive observations. I'm willing to bet, for example, that you have not seen Kenny J play a whole lot this year.

Might want to cut back on that coffee a bit, dude.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 02:36 PM
  #94
Sabot55
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Actually, I do know a bit about Backman.

Backman played about 15 games in the NHL, a few of which I've seen. I seen him once or twice in the AHL as well. Granted, I've never seen him live in NHL play - only on DirecTV. What I've seen of him is fairly consistent with the multiple scouting reports I've read. And, yes, scouting reports do count for something. I trust the THN, Central Scouting, and Redline far more than comments by you.

And, btw, the reason I stated that I don't follow the Blues closely is that I wanted to make sure that every poster reading understood that I was basing my opinion on fairly limited observations. I'm quite sure you don't base all of your comments or opinion on every player based on extensive observations. I'm willing to bet, for example, that you have not seen Kenny J play a whole lot this year.

Might want to cut back on that coffee a bit, dude.
Darth, does Redline have a homepage?

 
Old
11-21-2003, 02:41 PM
  #95
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 38,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabot55
Darth, does Redline have a homepage?

Yup. But, unfortunately, it doesn't give a whole lot of information. It is mostly an advertisement to sign up for their scouting reports.

http://www.redlinereport.com/

They have a short scouting report which I've gotten in the past. But, you can get some of the same information from THN's draft report and from USAtoday's monthly columns.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 02:59 PM
  #96
Nick Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Actually, I do know a bit about Backman.

Backman played about 15 games in the NHL, a few of which I've seen. I seen him once or twice in the AHL as well. Granted, I've never seen him live in NHL play - only on DirecTV. What I've seen of him is fairly consistent with the multiple scouting reports I've read. And, yes, scouting reports do count for something. I trust the THN, Central Scouting, and Redline far more than comments by you.

And, btw, the reason I stated that I don't follow the Blues closely is that I wanted to make sure that every poster reading understood that I was basing my opinion on fairly limited observations. I'm quite sure you don't base all of your comments or opinion on every player based on extensive observations. I'm willing to bet, for example, that you have not seen Kenny J play a whole lot this year.

Might want to cut back on that coffee a bit, dude.

You dont know squat. Backman was leading the team (the team that is in first place btw) in +/- before he got sent down. If he was on any other team in the league he would be playing right now (and playing well as a matter of fact). But the Blues are tremendously cautious when it comes to developing dmen and they really like their youngsters to get a lot of games played in the minors b/f they get a full time job on the big club. According to Derrick Goold, the Blues beat reporter, Backman is rapidly obtaining untouchable status within the organIzation. The only other Blues prospect under Pleau that had that tag was Jackman. Remember him? Rookie of the year last year, in case you forgot. He was also the kid that you blasted as overrated in years past when us "Blues homers" (who had actually seen him play) were raving about him. Chalk that one up as another fumble by Darth.

Oh btw, how about that Tim Connoly, Darth? Remember when you raving on and on and on about how he had "the best hands you've ever seen". I do. Because you wouldnt shut up him. How is ol Timmy doing now, Darth???

Nick Blue is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 03:02 PM
  #97
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 38,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Blue
You dont know squat. Backman was leading the team (the team that is in first place btw) in +/- before he got sent down. If he was on any other team in the league he would be playing right now (and playing well as a matter of fact). But the Blues are tremendously cautious when it comes to developing dmen and they really like their youngsters to get a lot of games played in the minors b/f they get a full time job on the big club. According to Derrick Goold, the Blues beat reporter, Backman is rapidly obtaining untouchable status within the organIzation. The only other Blues prospect under Pleau that had that tag was Jackman. Remember him? Rookie of the year last year, in case you forgot. He was also the kid that you blasted as overrated in years past when us "Blues homers" (who had actually seen him play) were raving about him. Chalk that one up as another fumble by Darth.

Oh btw, how about that Tim Connoly, Darth? Remember when you raving on and on and on about how he had "the best hands you've ever seen". I do. Because you wouldnt shut up him. How is ol Timmy doing now, Darth???

Whatever Nick.....

You want have flame wars, knock yourself out. You'll be playing with yourself, which you're probably used to...

I will not read or respond to another one of your posts. So, enjoy yourself.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 03:13 PM
  #98
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,413
vCash: 1300
enough.

The bottom line is that there's been enough interest in Parrish,Cairns and Scatchard to indicate that the nyi can free up the roughly $5m- $7m in salary, without moving ANY of their top 4.

Below are the players the NYI beatwriters say will probably go:
Weimer-$1.6m
Parrish-$2.3m
Cairns-$900,00
Scatchard-$1.3m
Timmander -$1.2m

Fine the Blues did made an offer for either Hamrlik or Niinimma.

Well according to the press,so have the Flames and Hawks,with Detroit also thought to be interested.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 03:15 PM
  #99
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 38,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
enough.

The bottom line is that there's been enough interest in Parrish,Cairns and Scatchard to indicate that the nyi can free up the roughly $5m- $7m in salary, without moving ANY of their top 4.

Below are the players the NYI beatwriters say will probably go:
Weimer-$1.6m
Parrish-$2.3m
Cairns-$900,00
Scatchard-$1.3m

Fine the Blues did made an offer for either Hamrlik or Niinimma.

Well according to the press,so have the Flames and Hawks,with Detroit also thought to be interested.
I hope you're right, Crew. It is just hard to get a handle on what is actually happening.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 04:47 PM
  #100
Sabot55
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Yup. But, unfortunately, it doesn't give a whole lot of information. It is mostly an advertisement to sign up for their scouting reports.

http://www.redlinereport.com/

They have a short scouting report which I've gotten in the past. But, you can get some of the same information from THN's draft report and from USAtoday's monthly columns.
Thanks

 
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.