HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Start Huet Saturday

Old
10-13-2006, 03:51 PM
yukoner

vCash: 500
Guy Carboneau @ Team 990: In my mind Huet was going to start this game before the season started. For what he did last season, he deserves it.

Shabutie, coach just owned you.

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Calamari

Huet is in rds.ca

Calamari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
#2, Owner pay players so player can make the owners money by winning, it's a 2 way street. You'd run naked for 3million? Who cares, no one will pay you because you're not worth it, you can not win hockey games and make money for the organization. The GM gave Huet 3million so he would stay with our team and not sign with someone else. You act like he should be grateful for the raise, if we didn't pay him someone else would have, we should be equally grateful that he signed with us.

BTW: Tune into Team990 in about 10 minutes, 3:45 mtl time, to hear guy confirm Huet for tomorrow night. Good to see some people know the difference between the right and wrong thing, like our Head Coach.
I disagree. By seeing me run naked on the ice, players would feel enticed to win the games. Of course I would oblige the canadiens orginization to explain the meaning of shrinkage to its fans while I run on the ice.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 03:55 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Guy Carboneau @ Team 990: In my mind Huet was going to start this game before the season started. For what he did last season, he deserves it.

Shabutie, coach just owned you.
I posted this about 2 minutes ago... How did the coach own me? He might've owned himself...we'll see tomorow. I hope for the best.

Old
10-13-2006, 03:57 PM
yukoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I posted this about 2 minutes ago... How did the coach own me? He might've owned himself...we'll see tomorow. I hope for the best.
Because he does in fact deserve to start for what he did last season. Something you seem completely unable to comprehend.

Old
10-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Because he does in fact deserve to start for what he did last season. Something you seem completely unable to comprehend.
Personally I don't give a **** about what he did last season. I care about what he does this season. Do you not understand that? We've had a goalie who was terrific one season...then regressed...but he was still put on a pedastle because of that of that 1 perfomance. Maybe you remember his name? Jose Theodore...

We'll see come tomorow night, who really should have gotten the start. I have a terrible feeling about Huet, but hopefully he can reassure me with a good game.

Old
10-13-2006, 04:16 PM
Ross MacLochness

Seriously are you new to hockey?

For the 3rd time, starting Huet is the right thing to do.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 04:19 PM
yukoner

Quote:
Personally I don't give a **** about what he did last season. I care about what he does this season. Do you not understand that?
I understand what you think, I'm just telling you you don't know jack *****, and Coach just backed me up.

Old
10-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Nyclaus

Quote:
I understand what you think, I'm just telling you you don't know jack *****, and Coach just backed me up.
Yes you're right, But do you have to act like a 2 year old about it all?

Nyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 05:15 PM
pavlako11

Quote:
Personally I don't give a **** about what he did last season. I care about what he does this season. Do you not understand that? We've had a goalie who was terrific one season...then regressed...but he was still put on a pedastle because of that of that 1 perfomance. Maybe you remember his name? Jose Theodore...

We'll see come tomorow night, who really should have gotten the start. I have a terrible feeling about Huet, but hopefully he can reassure me with a good game.
Win or lose it's the right choice to make, you have to understand that its called RESPECT. Simple as that.

Last edited by pavlako11: 10-13-2006 at 05:28 PM.
pavlako11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 05:30 PM
yukoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyclaus View Post
Yes you're right, But do you have to act like a 2 year old about it all?
I'm sick of this guy going around calling people idiots when he has no clue about hockey.

Old
10-13-2006, 05:31 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlako11 View Post
Win or lose it's the right choice to make, you have to understand that its called RESPECT. Simple as that.
exactly!

we can't just forget all the things he did last season just because we didn't win the cup.. and shabutie it's not like huet sucks... if you don't care about last season you shouldn't care more about the preseason

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 05:37 PM
rs7k

I don't know how to post a thread, or even just do a simple generic reply, so I'm using a message to reply and ask,

Will the Saturday game be on SRC? I hate living in Ontario

rs7k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 05:37 PM
terreur

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/214931.html

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs7k View Post
I don't know how to post a thread, or even just do a simple generic reply, so I'm using a message to reply and ask,

Will the Saturday game be on SRC? I hate living in Ontario
This is the wrong thread for that, SMARTEN UP.

Just kidding, and no it won't be. You gotta shell out the big bucks for RDS like everyone else.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 05:47 PM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
This is the wrong thread for that, SMARTEN UP.

Just kidding, and no it won't be. You gotta shell out the big bucks for RDS like everyone else.
actually...the game is going to be shown live on CBC for those of you living in Ottawa or Quebec

http://www.cbc.ca/television/saturday.html

Habs4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 05:49 PM
rs7k

That's too bad, I live near T.O

They showed the games last year, so why not this year?

rs7k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Reading the the first pages makes me laugh a lot. Thank you Jaydee and Shabutie for that show.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Le Maroons

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 07:06 PM
LesHabsRock

Huet To Start....read it at Faceoff Magazine dot com. There's the answer to the burning question. And I don't mean to tell you I told you so, but I told you so No way was Abby getting 3 straight starts.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 07:16 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:

Listen Shabbubi, we do understand what you're saying, but what you're not understanding is that there is nothing else to base a player on other than his past performance when you're going forward. Yes, Jose an MVP year and then flopped. We all know this, but it still doesn't mean that's what will happen to Huet. I was watching PJ Stock on the Score last night and he was talking about the New NHL and how important lateral movement is now that there are more odd man rushes and more quality scoring chances. He mentioned that being a technically good angel goalie (butterfly style) is what the new NHL goaltender should have. PJ said both our goaltenders have the kind of style that is right for this new nhl. Jose didn't have that and wasn't a good angular goaltender. Anyways, Huet is the right thing to do as he is 1a and Abby is 1b. Not to take anything away from Abby, but there was no way he was getting 3 straight starts. It's too early to decide who's the better goaltender only 3 games into the season. Huet played exceptional in a 5-4 shootout loss vs IMO the best team in the league.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 03:09 AM
wildone26*

That is not fair to Abby, he plays 2 awesome games and is sat on the bench, not fair.

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 03:40 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
I dont agree with the decision..everyone knows why already, but Ill still be there cheering.. GO HABS GO!

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 04:02 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

well, heut gets the start.

It will be interesting to see if huet gets more than 2 starts in a row if he plays as well as abby did.

I dont agree with the call but I dont pretend to know more than our coaching staff. If the coaching staff thinks its the right move, I'm behind them.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 06:05 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I dont agree with the call but I dont pretend to know more than our coaching staff. If the coaching staff thinks its the right move, I'm behind them.
You have to keep in mind Carbo is still a rookie coach, I guess we will see if sticking with his original plan was a good idea real soon. I hope it is.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote