HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

NHL fans, which of your team's NCAA-based prospects are you most excited about?

Old
09-29-2015, 02:49 PM
scRIbe

vCash: 500
NHL fans, which of your team's NCAA-based prospects are you most excited about?

There are a few obvious choices, in my view, such as Nashville's Jimmy Vesey (Harvard) and Columbus' Zach Werenski (Michigan). After all, one of them is the only 2015 Hobey Baker finalist returning to college hockey, while the other is the only top-10 pick in the 2015 draft to go back to his college team.

But for you crossover NHL-NCAA fans, who in your professional team's system will you following the closest in the 2015-16?

scRIbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2015, 04:17 PM
IM Clutcm
#SpaceyInSpace

Ian McCoshen and Chris Wilkie are the two guys I'm watching the closest. McCoshen has top 4 potential and now that Matheson and Hanifin are gone he'll have a lot more responsibility.

I've only seen highlights of Wilkie in the USHL, but he looked really good in development camp and I'm excited to see a lot more of him this year.

IM Clutcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2015, 03:17 AM
RabidBadger
Babcock swallows

Not sure if you mean guys currently playing NCAA or former NCAA players in the system so I'll weigh in on both.

In the system: Dylan Larkin (Michigan)with a bullet for Detroit. Dude has a complete game and has excelled at every level he's played in. Nick Jensen (St. Cloud) is having a real good camp and seems to be moving up the defensive depth chart.

The only current NCAA player would be Patrick Holway (Maine). Not expecting much from a 6th rounder, but should be intriguing to watch. The Wings are known for getting useful players in later rouns.

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2015, 09:51 AM
howkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
Not sure if you mean guys currently playing NCAA or former NCAA players in the system so I'll weigh in on both.

In the system: Dylan Larkin (Michigan)with a bullet for Detroit. Dude has a complete game and has excelled at every level he's played in. Nick Jensen (St. Cloud) is having a real good camp and seems to be moving up the defensive depth chart.

The only current NCAA player would be Patrick Holway (Maine). Not expecting much from a 6th rounder, but should be intriguing to watch. The Wings are known for getting useful players in later rouns.
If they play/played in AHL they canīt comeback to NCAA, so Larkin is pro, and I think Jensen is aswell.

Im intressted in Kyle Connor, see how is transit, and see if Fashing can take the next step.

howkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2015, 01:17 PM
RabidBadger
Babcock swallows

Quote:
Originally Posted by howkie View Post
If they play/played in AHL they canīt comeback to NCAA, so Larkin is pro, and I think Jensen is aswell.

Im intressted in Kyle Connor, see how is transit, and see if Fashing can take the next step.
I'm aware of that. As I stated, I wasn't sure if it was current or former NCAA players we were discussing.

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2015, 04:09 PM
BestPlayerAvailable
RIP Ed Snider

For the Flyers....

Mark Friedman (Bowling Green)
Cooper Marody (Michigan)
Matej Tomek (North Dakota)

BestPlayerAvailable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2015, 02:24 PM
wiz35

For the Rangers, I'm interested to see if Boo Nieves (Michigan) and Steven Fogarty (Notre Dame) can take big steps forward in their senior years.

wiz35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2015, 02:31 PM
maroon 6
Live and let live

vCash: 50
Thatcher Demko (BC) and Brock Boeser (ND) for the Canucks. There's also Adam Gaudette who I don't know anything about.

maroon 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2015, 06:14 PM
scRIbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
For the Flyers....

Mark Friedman (Bowling Green)
Cooper Marody (Michigan)
Matej Tomek (North Dakota)
Must be kind of a bummer knowing that Michigan and Bowling Green are no longer in the same conference. Then again, any combination of these three could realistically see each other in the NCAA tournament this year.

Old
10-06-2015, 06:17 PM
scRIbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon 6 View Post
Thatcher Demko (BC) and Brock Boeser (ND) for the Canucks. There's also Adam Gaudette who I don't know anything about.
Well, you can't read too much into a preseason exhibition, but Gaudette did center the third line and score a goal and an assist in Northeastern's 10-2 win over Simon Fraser.

Demko and BC will obviously be a test when Gaudette and NU face them on the first weekend of December.

Old
11-28-2015, 04:29 PM
scRIbe

McCoshen, Marody, Nieves and Demko all got a mention here:
http://alongtheboards.com/2015/11/30...ollege-hockey/