HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

SCSU Huskies

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2008, 03:37 PM
  #201
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,435
vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
Huskies complete the sweep. Weslosky gets the shutout 3-0, guy is on fire right now.
Huskies have won 5 straight.
It's a good idea to be on the up at this time of year.


They seem to be getting something from almost everyone also.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 03:59 PM
  #202
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,878
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix29 View Post
I wouldn't even say his positioning is that big of an issue. It's not something he had been doing up until recently. It may just be Mike Hastings taking advantage of Hepp's physical stature and rotating a forward to the point when Hepp is in deep. It just really stuck out to me on Saturday's game that if that was the plan, it wasn't working without Hepp on the point. All in all though, he's definately a gamer. Good thing he didn't want to be an Airman!
Yes I'm glad he decided to transfer, it just sucks we'll only have him 3 years instead of 4.

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:22 AM
  #203
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,878
vCash: 643
That was just sad tonight. This team acted like they didn't give a rats ass about the outcome of this game, pretty much zero effort out of everyone not named Swanson after the first period ended.
Roe took the most selfish stupid penalty I've seen in a couple years out of someone wearing the STC and if he wasn't so needed by the squad I'd bench him for that hit from behind. Yes you got kneed, yes the refs missed it but no that does not mean you take matters into your own hands like that, not with 4 games to go in the regular season, not when your team needs all the points it can get and not when you are a key part of your team's success.

Oh and Nate Dey, hit the god damn net will you???

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 01:15 PM
  #204
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,878
vCash: 643
Glad to see the monkey taken off our back with the W vs UW.
Now we need a win at UND to clinch home ice, and likely face the Badgers again.

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 06:38 PM
  #205
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,878
vCash: 643
This annoys me

* They're still waiting on written word from the NCAA, but both SCSU associate athletic director Sue Becker and Huskies coach Bob Motzko have been informed Luca Cunti's final NCAA appeal has been denied. It's not expected he will play college hockey.

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 05:27 AM
  #206
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,701
vCash: 250
Good luck to your squad this series Rabid.With the unbeaten streak the SIOUX have a loss this weekend might do them some good.Maybe.But if they do lose 1 and it forces the rodents to go to your building for the first round then it will be worth it.

BTW Luca Cunti is quite the name eh.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 11:09 AM
  #207
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,878
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Good luck to your squad this series Rabid.With the unbeaten streak the SIOUX have a loss this weekend might do them some good.Maybe.But if they do lose 1 and it forces the rodents to go to your building for the first round then it will be worth it.

BTW Luca Cunti is quite the name eh.
If we get the win, it most likely forces the Badgers to our building.
A lot has to happen for us to play MN.

To be home vs. Minnesota:
MSU gets 3 points, SCSU sweeps and Minnesota sweeps; OR MSU gets 2 points and SCSU gets 3 or 4 and Minnesota gets 2; OR MSU gets 0, SCSU gets 1 and Minnesota gets 3 or 4; OR MSU gets 0 and SCSU gets 0 and Minnesota gets 3; OR MSU gets 0 and SCSU gets 2, 3 or 4 and Minnesota gets 2; OR MSU gets 1 and SCSU gets 2, 3 or 4 and Minnesota gets 2, 3 or 4.


Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 12:57 PM
  #208
mnhowitzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
If we get the win, it most likely forces the Badgers to our building.
A lot has to happen for us to play MN.

To be home vs. Minnesota:
MSU gets 3 points, SCSU sweeps and Minnesota sweeps; OR MSU gets 2 points and SCSU gets 3 or 4 and Minnesota gets 2; OR MSU gets 0, SCSU gets 1 and Minnesota gets 3 or 4; OR MSU gets 0 and SCSU gets 0 and Minnesota gets 3; OR MSU gets 0 and SCSU gets 2, 3 or 4 and Minnesota gets 2; OR MSU gets 1 and SCSU gets 2, 3 or 4 and Minnesota gets 2, 3 or 4.



mnhowitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 04:08 PM
  #209
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,878
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhowitzer View Post
Yeah its a lot of math, which tells me, not likely to happen.

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 08:18 PM
  #210
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
Glad to see the monkey taken off our back with the W vs UW.
Now we need a win at UND to clinch home ice, and likely face the Badgers again.
I'm not really hoping for that matchup as SCSU is due for a win streak against Bucky. They must feel like the curse is lifted after the last win. The sportsman in me wishes your squad well this weekend and my selfish side would think it'd be cool if the Huskies were swept and Bucky got home ice.

I hear ya, D-Sioux; Luca Cunti probably needed to learn to fight at a very early age.

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 01:32 PM
  #211
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,878
vCash: 643
Game ends in a 1-1 tie meaning we still need a win (or another tie) to clinch home ice.
Lasch irate a goal was taken away for what was called a high stick.

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll...303080002/1002

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 11:15 PM
  #212
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,878
vCash: 643
Never would have guessed we'd get home ice with 2 ties....Weslosky's first 2 ties of the year at that too.
Just weird

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 05:51 PM
  #213
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 500
Should be an interesting weekend...good luck and game on!

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 11:11 PM
  #214
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,878
vCash: 643
Complete domination by SCSU tonight, 3-0 is your final.

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 09:11 AM
  #215
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,701
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
Complete domination by SCSU tonight, 3-0 is your final.
Congrats to your Huskies.Sweep em tonite.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 02:19 PM
  #216
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,878
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Congrats to your Huskies.Sweep em tonite.
We'll do it, but you have to let Tech win one so they remain a TUC please.

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 02:31 PM
  #217
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,701
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
We'll do it, but you have to let Tech win one so they remain a TUC please.
I really don't see them stealing one after last nites dominance by the SIOUX.When it takes a team over 30 minutes to get there first shot on net at full strength it will take a small miracle for them to pull an upset.But on any given nite as they say.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 02:52 PM
  #218
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,878
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
I really don't see them stealing one after last nites dominance by the SIOUX.When it takes a team over 30 minutes to get there first shot on net at full strength it will take a small miracle for them to pull an upset.But on any given nite as they say.
That's why I'm saying they need to let them win. It really would be beneficial to all.

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 10:15 PM
  #219
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
I really don't see them stealing one after last nites dominance by the SIOUX.When it takes a team over 30 minutes to get there first shot on net at full strength it will take a small miracle for them to pull an upset.But on any given nite as they say.
Do you believe in [small] miracles? Never count out Tech; either goalie can steal one, as you said, on any given night.

Congrats to SCSU. This should be a lift beating a team that has tormented them the past several years. That's likely the end for Bucky, and frankly they don't deserve to go beyond this point. Hopefully they will draft some Adam Burrish/Andrew Joudrey type players and take it to the Huskies next year. Best of luck from here out.

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 10:33 PM
  #220
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,878
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
Do you believe in [small] miracles? Never count out Tech; either goalie can steal one, as you said, on any given night.

Congrats to SCSU. This should be a lift beating a team that has tormented them the past several years. That's likely the end for Bucky, and frankly they don't deserve to go beyond this point. Hopefully they will draft some Adam Burrish/Andrew Joudrey type players and take it to the Huskies next year. Best of luck from here out.
Thanks for that. You coming to St. Paul? I'll be there.
Could be tough to beat us in the coming years, our classes coming in are really strong.

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 10:52 PM
  #221
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
Thanks for that. You coming to St. Paul? I'll be there.
Could be tough to beat us in the coming years, our classes coming in are really strong.
I would be going to St. Paul if I still lived in Milwaukee, but I'm in NC right now. That'd be a bit of a hike for me, so have fun there.

St. Cloud is geting some good classes which is making the WCHA even more dominant. SCSU and WI should have most of their key guys back next year so it should make for some good series.

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 11:31 PM
  #222
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Oilers Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philly in April 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 5,963
vCash: 500
Congrats to Huskies moving on to the Final Five. Looked like a really good game ath NHC tonight.

BTW Rabid, are we the only ones here that think Ryan Lasch is pretty darn good?!

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 12:14 AM
  #223
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,878
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Congrats to Huskies moving on to the Final Five. Looked like a really good game ath NHC tonight.

BTW Rabid, are we the only ones here that think Ryan Lasch is pretty darn good?!
I doubt it. People will still question his size and because of that his ability to play at the next level but if that means we get him for 4 years, I'm all for that. He and Roe may set all kinds of records before they are done here.

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 02:55 PM
  #224
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,701
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
That's why I'm saying they need to let them win. It really would be beneficial to all.
Are ya happy now?Like they say ya gotta play the full 60 minutes and the SIOUX obviously didn't.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 04:23 PM
  #225
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,878
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Are ya happy now?Like they say ya gotta play the full 60 minutes and the SIOUX obviously didn't.
Actually yes I am.

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.