HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*proposal*NYR-CAPS beating the Jagr dead horse

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2003, 08:15 AM
Tinordi24*

vCash: 500
*proposal*NYR-CAPS beating the Jagr dead horse

I'm bored and had an astonishing revelation about a trade:

To NYR:

Jagrl
Mike Grier
2nd round pick
Cash ( a couple million of Jagr's contract thru the life of it)

To Wash:
Kovalev
Darius Kasparitis

It seems fair while I am typing this!! Jagr is producing now and really would rather be in NY so a happy Jagr is a more productive Jagr. The

Caps take Kasparitis' contract off the Rangers hands.

Grier (a Sather favorite??) wont be that hard to part with since the Caps have some younger players who can play his position.

The Caps give the Rangers the pick as a favor for taking Jagr so that they dont have to eat as much of the contract.

Old
11-21-2003, 08:37 AM
NYR469

would you still make the deal if the caps gave up a 1st instead of grier & a 2nd??

making it:

jagr & 1st+$$ for kovalev & kaspar??

Old
11-21-2003, 08:39 AM
I_r_1337

no grier must go

Old
11-21-2003, 08:39 AM
Tinordi24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
would you still make the deal if the caps gave up a 1st instead of grier & a 2nd??

making it:

jagr & 1st+$$ for kovalev & kaspar??
No. With the way the Caps are playing that pick could very well be Ovechkin!!

They will most definitely get a top 5 pick this year and most likely a top 3. I doubt they'd take the risk of giving that away.

If it was a mid to late first then yes. But a Caps 2nd is almost as good as a normal 1st anyhow! LOL

Old
11-21-2003, 09:11 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi24

They will most definitely get a top 5 pick this year and most likely a top 3. I doubt they'd take the risk of giving that away.

If it was a mid to late first then yes. But a Caps 2nd is almost as good as a normal 1st anyhow! LOL
what gives you the first indication that the capitals would win the lottery? they have never won anything in the post season and wouldn't win that either.

Old
11-21-2003, 09:13 AM
Tinordi24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
what gives you the first indication that the capitals would win the lottery? they have never won anything in the post season and wouldn't win that either.
Top 5 is a shoe in tho! And I wouldnt trade the 5th overall pick as part of that package either!

But you are right about the Caps..one thing is the they create their own miserable luck

Old
11-21-2003, 10:53 AM
txpd

Quote:
Top 5 is a shoe in tho! And I wouldnt trade the 5th overall pick as part of that package either!

But you are right about the Caps..one thing is the they create their own miserable luck
whether they create it on their own or get help is for another arguement. either way, though, this statement...No. With the way the Caps are playing that pick could very well be Ovechkin!!...is ridiculous.
the Caps would never end up with that guy. If they won the lottery and drafted him, the NHL would collapse under labor strife and never play another game.

Old
11-21-2003, 11:05 AM
Biscuit Bullet

Send a message via AIM to Biscuit Bullet
Wouldn't the caps be taking on salary in that trade? Kovalev is like 7mil and Kaspar is 5mil, right? That means we'd be taking on 1mil, and you still want cash? Fuggedaboudit.

Old
11-21-2003, 11:14 AM
Tinordi24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai
Wouldn't the caps be taking on salary in that trade? Kovalev is like 7mil and Kaspar is 5mil, right? That means we'd be taking on 1mil, and you still want cash? Fuggedaboudit.
Well Jagr at $11 mil (less $2 mil) would be = 9 million
Add Grier to that (i think he makes close to $2 mil??) and you end up with a grand total of $11 off the books of the Caps.

They'd get
Kovalev who is around $6.5 mil and Kasparitis who is around $4-5

Its fairly close but Jagr's deal is LONG TERM. Kovalev's ends at the end of the year. Sure they'll be stuck with Kasparitis ,who has a long deal of his own, BUT the Caps still save in the long run.

Also since the Caps are SO SUFFERING on D, Kasparitis would be a definite upgrade over most of the guys they have now.

The amount of cash the Caps take on Jagr's contract could be worked out a bit better but you get the general idea.

Old
11-21-2003, 01:38 PM
NYR469

Quote:
kovalev is in the final year of his contract...so you'd be taking back 1 year, $6.5 mil for kovalev and 5 years, $4.2 mil...

so you'd take back a TOTAL of $27.5 mil minus what the rangers already paid them this year...

the rangesr would be taking back a total of $66 mil minus what the caps paid jagr already

the caps save $38.5 mil over the remainder of jagr's salary, so don't act like they aren't getting helped out big time financially

Old
11-21-2003, 01:49 PM
NYR469

Quote:

thats understandable and if i was in your position i'd say the same...

but if i'm the rangers, there is no way i make the trade without it...i don't want jagr and don't think he would make the rangers any better, so imo if you take his salary without getting that first round pick that move gets filled as the rangers stupidest move in the last 7 years (which is saying a LOT)...

you don't want to give up the pick and i don't want jagr, i guess that makes us even LOL

Old
11-21-2003, 01:58 PM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
maybe carter and poti instead of kovalev in sather's eye's, but this is fair, not gonna happen, as jagr has less likeliness of getting traded than lemieux.

Old
11-21-2003, 02:47 PM
barnaby63

how many different proposals can there be? it seems like it never ends.

and i will say it again, the caps will not be getting tom poti, lundmark, tyutin, lindros, carter, kovalev or nedved.

if you want us to take jagr you will have to pony up BIG time...

we would be taking on 38 million in salary for a guy that may or may not play better in new york and not cause problems.

kasparaitis for jagr and a 1st in 04. jagr's salary would greatly hamper the rangers future with his salary and washington isnt going to get off so easy by getting rid of 55 million, a 3rd liner and a pick. dont want to give up the first? have fun with jagr then.

but i dont want jagr anywhere near the rangers anyway.

Old
11-21-2003, 06:44 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
What?

Kovalev-----6.5
Kasparitus---20

Jagr 55

Closed Thread