HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Kids CCM moulded skate vs CCM Intruder skate or new skates?

Old
10-12-2006, 12:22 PM
jajpan

vCash: 500
Kids CCM moulded skate vs CCM Intruder skate or new skates?

Just wondering if anyone could help. My son is currently 5 & 81 Lbs and has a wide foot (think his shoe size is 3 and skate @2) My Son started skating at 3 (used the CCM expandable moulded skate), which he did not complain about could skate but only used one foot. Last year at the age of 4, he played hockey and I had bought him some CCM Intruders from CTire. With these Intruders he regressed all year and his right skate would always look bent/ankle burnt to the inside. I thought maybe he needed time and tied his skates in many ways (tight/lose), but it did not get better. He hated hockey. Then for the last month I pulled out the expandable moulded skates and had to tape the clips everytime (they always come undone) and noticed that he was progressing and actually enjoying hockey.

Starting hockey this saturday, he is now 5 and do not know if I should buy him a new pair of skates or use the expandable moulded ones? I know it is better to use the non moulded ones, but I just want him to have fun.
thx

jajpan is online now   Reply With Quote