HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT : Free NHL Center Ice!!!

Old
10-12-2006, 11:48 PM
Sonik

vCash: 500
OT : Free NHL Center Ice!!!

I just saw a very interesting thing on the Oils board. It's called TVU, a program that enables you to watch streaming TV on your computer.

It's incredible! You can watch games and the NHL Center Ice channel for free. You should check it out!!

http://www.tvunetworks.com/

Sonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 11:54 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
I have TVU, and I love TVU, I watch Japanese wrestling on it via one of the ESPNs on there.

This is basically TV for Chinese people wishing to watch TV online. I doubt the Chinese government likes TVU very much.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 11:59 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
i have tvu and just noticed that. thanks for this. they only have one channel on right now. do they have all the channels when theres multiple games being played?

Last edited by Raider917: 10-13-2006 at 12:24 AM.
Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 12:19 AM
Phousse

Awesome! I just tried Cartoon Network (East) and it works perfectly!

Phousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 12:21 AM
MacHabs93

Al-Jazeera!

MacHabs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 06:28 AM
!nkubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik View Post
I just saw a very interesting thing on the Oils board. It's called TVU, a program that enables you to watch streaming TV on your computer.

It's incredible! You can watch games and the NHL Center Ice channel for free. You should check it out!!

How is the quality ? I'm interested but I don't want to loose like 3 days of trying to install this thing on linux , since their player is for windows.

Thanks

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 07:00 AM
DicAnns

wow! thanks for the heads up Sonik!

i'm getting no sound though... anybody knows how to fix this?

DicAnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 07:16 AM
!nkubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabs73 View Post
wow! thanks for the heads up Sonik!

i'm getting no sound though... anybody knows how to fix this?
there is a link called audio patch this might help you

http://dl.tvunetworks.com/audio_update.zip

Old
10-13-2006, 07:20 AM
Lunatik*

the guy who lives upstairs from me has something even better... although not entirely reliable... its called "xtreme viewsat"... its a digital satalite reciever that you can hook up to your PC and download some files that descrambles the channels... and apperently its legal and sold over the counter in specialty electronics stores... he said its only like $200... but it does go down for stretches and until you can find the new prgramming... it wont work... it can be used from both Dishnet and Bell... and when its working you have free PPVs and every channel is unlocked

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 08:07 AM
!nkubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
the guy who lives upstairs from me has something even better... although not entirely reliable... its called "xtreme viewsat"... its a digital satalite reciever that you can hook up to your PC and download some files that descrambles the channels... and apperently its legal and sold over the counter in specialty electronics stores... he said its only like $200... but it does go down for stretches and until you can find the new prgramming... it wont work... it can be used from both Dishnet and Bell... and when its working you have free PPVs and every channel is unlocked
Channel descrambling cannot be called legal (but who cares), but it sounds interesting, a bit priccey though.

Old
10-13-2006, 08:12 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
If you use it to descramble Bell, it is illegal. Dishnet is still in the grey area. Remember the receivers are legal, it's what you do with them that may not be.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 08:23 AM
LeHab

Quote:
Your friend is a pirate yaaaarrrr!

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Hockeymom67

Thanks !!!!

Hockeymom67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 09:34 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
lol that can't be legal...

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 09:45 AM
BadHabit

Is this service the same or is it different? Check it out

http://viidoo.com/en/index.php

Maybe some people on here could start streaming RDS during Habs games!

Thom

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 09:48 AM
-_-

question

can i get spike tv with this thing ?

-_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
lol that can't be legal...
i dunno he bought it over the counter at memory express in calgary... and there is no cards or anything... its simply a file system you download... im not sure how it works... but i believe the ways its done is not illegal... much like they found way to legal share music for a long time... it will probably be illegal in time... but if it is now... i dont get how it could be sold in stores

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 09:59 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
i dunno he bought it over the counter at memory express in calgary... and there is no cards or anything... its simply a file system you download... im not sure how it works... but i believe the ways its done is not illegal... much like they found way to legal share music for a long time... it will probably be illegal in time... but if it is now... i dont get how it could be sold in stores
That's because the device itself is probably not illegal. But the use definitelly is. this is cable stealing, it simply cannot be legal.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 10:02 AM
!nkubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik View Post

are habs games available in there?

Old
10-13-2006, 10:05 AM
Bryzga lol*

So right now, there's nothing on NHL centre Ice.....but tonight, they're suppost to host all the games?

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 10:08 AM
LeHab

Quote:
It is legal to watch unencrypted channels with FTA (free-to-air) receivers like the one your friend has. Decrypting Bell without authorization is illegal. As for Dish I think simply the fact that he is watching it, is illegal per CRTC even if you pay a legit account somewhere in states.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 10:15 AM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riel View Post
So right now, there's nothing on NHL centre Ice.....but tonight, they're suppost to host all the games?
I have the same question. As well, it's only one CI channel. Does that mean only that game will be shown when there are many games going on?

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 10:25 AM
oop007*

Is it possible to trace though? These viewsats, can bell trace them? Doubtful because your anonymously picking at a random feed they're sending out.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 10:30 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

OMG this is incredible!

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 10:33 AM
-_-

Questions !!!!!

Can I get Spike tv on this thing ?

Can I watch Pride events on this thing ?

Can I watch Montreal Canadiens' games ?

Thank You very much for answering my questions !

-_- is offline   Reply With Quote