HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Goalie Rotation

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2003, 11:23 AM
Koho Sandwich

vCash: 500
Goalie Rotation

i'm intrigued by the rotation hitchcock is using in net. he seems to be alternating goalies every game - something you almost never see nhl coaches do. yet it seems to be working. based on the past couple of weeks, i'd expect to see hackett against the bruins on saturday.

will this continue all season or do people see one goalie winning out over the other?

Old
11-21-2003, 11:42 AM
Dr Love

It's only November, so there isn't a lot of worry. And, they're playing great. It's a very healthy competition right now. Hitch said before camp started that a #1 will be determined when one of them plays exceptionally better than the other, and that there isn't a timetable for it. Right now Esche is playing better, but still, it's only November.

Old
11-21-2003, 10:34 PM
Dave_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
It's only November, so there isn't a lot of worry. And, they're playing great. It's a very healthy competition right now. Hitch said before camp started that a #1 will be determined when one of them plays exceptionally better than the other, and that there isn't a timetable for it. Right now Esche is playing better, but still, it's only November.
Esche is playing better technically, but you can't say Hackett - with his 1.85 GAA and 3 shutouts (tied for 2nd with Brodeur and Cechmanek) - isn't making a damn good case for himself either. I think it'll ultimately come down to Esche, but both of them are playing excellently.

Old
11-22-2003, 09:01 AM
Flyman

Send a message via MSN to Flyman
I also think Esche will be our #1 guy down the road. But I have to admit that Hack plays well.

Closed Thread