HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

proposal #2/ Washington and Edmonton

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2003, 07:03 AM
txpd

vCash: 500
proposal #2/ Washington and Edmonton

There have been many recent sightings of capitals scouts and oilers games. with reasoner hurt and comrie holding out the oilers are short on
centers. part of that was eased by signing adam oates. there is some talk that the caps and oilers are working on something. here is my guess.

Michael Nylander(when he returns from injury) to Edmonton
to Washington either Jason Smith, Steve Staios, or Eric Brewer.

Old
11-19-2003, 07:15 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
There have been many recent sightings of capitals scouts and oilers games. with reasoner hurt and comrie holding out the oilers are short on
centers. part of that was eased by signing adam oates. there is some talk that the caps and oilers are working on something. here is my guess.

Nylander won't get you Staios because he is presently our best dman. Brewer has far too much potential and is starting to come around. Smith is playing alright. The Oilers need defencmen.

Old
11-19-2003, 07:15 AM
Tinordi24*

Quote:

Why not just throw in Edmontons 1st round pick while your at it.

Nylander is worthless right now. He is a soft, non shooting, decent 2nd line center who is soon to be a UFA.

The Caps would be lucky if Edmonton gave them a 2nd rounder and a marginal prospect for Nylander.

Dude, you're begining to sound like an annoying Habs fan with these far fetched- onesided proposals.

Old
11-19-2003, 07:19 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Nylander for Cross and a 6th would be better off valuewise.

But more importantly, why the heck would the Oilers want Nylander after just signing Oates?

Old
11-19-2003, 07:46 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi24

Nylander is worthless right now. He is a soft, non shooting, decent 2nd line center who is soon to be a UFA.

The Caps would be lucky if Edmonton gave them a 2nd rounder and a marginal prospect for Nylander.

Dude, you're begining to sound like an annoying Habs fan with these far fetched- onesided proposals.
Damn, I am sorry, Nords. Let me see if I can get the Capitals going out of business sale correct.

1. 68-Jagr: unbuyable. after the lockout will be returned to manufacturor at a cost of 2/3s of his remaining contract buyout.

2. 20-Lang: on sale this year for a 4th round pick in the 2004 draft. This item subject to mark down after February. also there is a $1m a year for the last 3 years of his contract factory rebate on this item and no payments until after the lockout.

3. 37-Kolzig: also available for a 4th round pick, but would consider a marginal prospect and a 5th round pick.

4. 12-Bondra: bargain priced at a 5th round pick. no prospect required.

5. 55- Gonchar: the most requested item in the inventory. a prospect with a chance to play in the NHL one day and a 2nd round pick in the 2005 draft.

all sales are final!!
is that better?

Old
11-19-2003, 07:49 AM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi24

Wow, that never gets old!!

Newsflash: Not all Habs are the same, so don't generalize!

Old
11-19-2003, 09:34 AM
LawnDemon

Quote:

now this is bad... and i mean BAD.

a soon-to-be UFA who is, at best, a defensively challenged 2nd string center for any one of the oilers top 3 dmen.

good grief.

someone should take your keyboard away.

Old
11-19-2003, 09:41 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
Nylander for Cross and a 6th would be better off valuewise.

But more importantly, why the heck would the Oilers want Nylander after just signing Oates?

Completely agree.

Nylander has little to no trade value.

11-19-2003, 09:58 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

hey buddy, leave the ridicoulosly stupid trade proposals to me.

Eminger, Nylander and Kolzig (eat his salary though) for Salo, Cross, Horcoff, Rita, take a 4th rounder if you want too.

Old
11-19-2003, 03:06 PM
kacz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
Eminger, Nylander and Kolzig (eat his salary though) for Salo, Cross, Horcoff, Rita, take a 4th rounder if you want too.
Kolzig>Salo
Nylander=Horcoff
Rita,Cross,4th= Eminger

Even though this deal slightly favours the Oilers I wouldn't do it from a Oilers prospective. I am a huge fan of Horcoff's style of play and can't see him being traded anywhere...

Old
11-19-2003, 03:23 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Cranky Tinordi

"Nylander is worthless right now. He is a soft, non shooting, decent 2nd line center who is soon to be a UFA."

Um....are you kidding? Nylander was one of our best forwards last season, and the best one in the playoffs. Don't confuse smallish for soft. He's a Euro center. Not really supposed to throw his body around all the time. Not saying that Nylander would fetch any of those defensemen straight up, but something could be done here I think.

Old
11-19-2003, 05:36 PM
txpd

i enjoy reading comments from those that like to call players like Nylander soft. Nylander can get blasted by a guy 4 inches taller and 40 lbs heavier than he is. Then get up and make play to put one on the board. That's not soft. It's tough. And Nylander does it all the time. He get's hit harder more often than any Capitals player, yet he played every NHL game on his schedule for nearly 4 years in a row. He is soft to some because the doesn't throw elbows and crosschecks and doesn't drop the gloves. Sometimes you can easily find and anti euro hockey person by reading comments like are made against Nylander. Maybe this particular guys is not, but sometimes its pretty obvious. As of this mornings washington times, nylander was described as...."He's the missing piece on offense for us on the power play, 4-on-4, full strength. He was our best center and our second-best forward."

Old
11-19-2003, 05:45 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
i enjoy reading comments from those that like to call players like Nylander soft. Nylander can get blasted by a guy 4 inches taller and 40 lbs heavier than he is. Then get up and make play to put one on the board. That's not soft. It's tough. And Nylander does it all the time. He get's hit harder more often than any Capitals player, yet he played every NHL game on his schedule for nearly 4 years in a row. He is soft to some because the doesn't throw elbows and crosschecks and doesn't drop the gloves. Sometimes you can easily find and anti euro hockey person by reading comments like are made against Nylander. Maybe this particular guys is not, but sometimes its pretty obvious. As of this mornings washington times, nylander was described as...."He's the missing piece on offense for us on the power play, 4-on-4, full strength. He was our best center and our second-best forward."
blah, blah, blah were still not willing to trade any of our top 3 d-men for him.

Old
11-19-2003, 05:48 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Old
11-19-2003, 06:17 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Give your head a shake!! Where the hell would the Oilers put Nylander!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?? We have ZERO need for a forward, but we need defensmen and you propose a second liner for a top three Dman??? Come off it!

Old
11-19-2003, 06:44 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

shake your own

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Give your head a shake!! Where the hell would the Oilers put Nylander!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?? We have ZERO need for a forward, but we need defensmen and you propose a second liner for a top three Dman??? Come off it!

Nother person to never see him play I guess...

Old
11-19-2003, 07:10 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon
We don't need him period. If we give up another dman we will be just as bad as Pittsburgh defensively.

Old
11-19-2003, 07:20 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
You act as if he is some rookie he has been in the league for 10 freakin' years how could you not see him play? He played for Calgary for god's sake you know often we play against them? Were not looking to move a d-man at this moment especially not one as critical as a top 3 pretty simple huh? Not interested.

Old
11-19-2003, 07:53 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Nice Try, I watched him play lots in Calgary and Chicago - and I even catch a good number of Caps games cause they have lots of exciting players. But you're purely stupid if you think that a 31 year old UFA to be with a fractured leg and that is known for playing a passive game (if you try to argue that he doesn't play a passive game then you don't know your hockey) is worth a top top four Dman. Smith MAYBE with something extra comeing the Oilers way could be worked, but to think he's in the same value bracket as Staios is foolish, and to think that he's even CLOSE to Brewer's trade value then you need to open your eyes to the reality of free agency and how that diminishes a players value. Add on top of that, that he is injured and the value takes another hit. NOW take into consideration the Oilers have a surplus of forwards and defense is their weakness and you have complete no-go from the Oilers.

Old
11-19-2003, 08:06 PM
Chayos

Quote:

I think you may misunderstand what we are saying. From an oiler point of view Nylander is not worth any one of the 3 d-men you listed to us. We have just signed Adam oates to fill the role that nylander would fill.

Old
11-20-2003, 07:00 AM
Tinordi24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
But you're purely stupid if you think that a 31 year old UFA to be with a fractured leg and that is known for playing a passive game (if you try to argue that he doesn't play a passive game then you don't know your hockey) is worth a top top four Dman.
Couldnt agree more.

Old
11-20-2003, 07:05 AM
btmarshall

vCash:
I've seen some overvalued Caps player proposals around here, but this one just takes the cake. Nylander is an effective playmaking center. He will also be a UFA in six months. Value is negligible, and he won't net a team a good defensive defenseman whose rights will be retained by his club for a while yet. Crikey. This is elementary stuff.

Old
11-20-2003, 01:22 PM
txpd

I feel really bad about making this suggestion. it appears that the capitals have no players of value. maybe we should rephrane from proposing any more trades that involve the capitals. is there agreement on that?

Old
11-20-2003, 01:39 PM
H-Bear

Quote:
I feel really bad about making this suggestion. it appears that the capitals have no players of value. maybe we should rephrane from proposing any more trades that involve the capitals. is there agreement on that?
Not entirely true ... I could think of several just off the top of my head:
  • Oullette
  • Grier (he's soooooo much better than Pisani)
  • Sutherby
  • Gordon
  • Eminger
  • Yonkman
  • Ciernik
  • Semin
I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of now.

Old
11-20-2003, 05:11 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
Not entirely true ... I could think of several just off the top of my head:
  • Oullette
  • Grier (he's soooooo much better than Pisani)
  • Sutherby
  • Gordon
  • Eminger
  • Yonkman
  • Ciernik
  • Semin
I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of now.
hmm....lets see. the caps players of value are rookies and injuried minor leaguers and.....did you mean Ciernik has more value than Nylander? or Witt? or.....ok. i feel better now. that was a good joke.

Closed Thread