HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

GDT: Phoenix Coyotes @ Nashville Predators 10-14-06 7pm

Old
10-15-2006, 06:51 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolv3rinE View Post
Is this game not on FSN south in tennessee???
no, it wasn't televised. as is the trend, FSN is televising less games than ever for us, this year.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 07:30 PM
Brown Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Thanks for posting BA, and welcome. I'm going to disagree with you on the Upshall comments. I cannot see playing Scott Nicol on the third line over Upshall as being more effective than having a third line of Hartnell - Legwand/Vasicek - Upshall, then Vasicek - Fiddler - Hartnell (the line we used last night) or Hartnell - Legwand - Nichol.

I just think we are wasting spots in our lineup. We have a fourth line that gets less then 8 minutes a night. Yet, only one of our fourth liners can play the penalty kill. We have a player that has the perfect game for a third line scoring/forechecking role in Upshall, yet we scratch him to put a pker who is not suited for a scoring role into the lineup. Nichol can't finish, Fiddler is a guy that works his butt off but he is not an offensive player. Defensively Upshall is on par with both of them, although I would say that Fiddler is a better pker. In my opinion, the fourth line should be made up of the guys that we feel most comfortable with on the pk. Our decision to keep Hordichuk or Tootoo in the lineup causes Trotz to make this decision on the third line.

Still, Upshall has always seemed like a decent pker to me. He may not be as good as Fiddler, but I feel like Trotz is making these moves based more on his loyalty to Fiddler and Nichol than for the pk boost of them over Upshall.
Good evening Preds Fans,

In my mind, the battle is not so much whether Upshall vs. Nichol or Fiddler, but Upshall vs. his own potential. If he plays as a scorer, which is where I view him having the most impact, he is stuck on the bench. If he plays as an energy/PK guy, he is playing against his own potential as a scorer and could be in danger of ending up like a Matt Cooke in Vancouver. I would hate to see a guy like Upshall stuck as a third line agitator.

For what it's worth, here are my lines(although this changes at whim):
Erat - Arnott - Sullivan
Hartnell - Legwand - Kariya
Dumont - Vasicek - Upshall
Hordichuk - Smithson - Tootoo

I have no problem with the wingers moving around on the lines and even moving Legwand and Vasicek between the second and third lines. Situationally, The E-L-K line or last nite's top line may be better than the lines I am putting forth. I would just like to see some kind of line stability.

I think the solution here is to move someone. I'm not sure who, and it will certainly be painful on some level, but, in the interest of the Preds, it may be the best move.

Truly,
J. Hilty H. Burr, Jr.

Brown Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 08:06 PM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Angel View Post
Good evening Preds Fans,

I have no problem with the wingers moving around on the lines and even moving Legwand and Vasicek between the second and third lines. Situationally, The E-L-K line or last nite's top line may be better than the lines I am putting forth. I would just like to see some kind of line stability.
This is my biggest complaint with Trotz.

tulsytrid1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 08:23 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
no, it wasn't televised. as is the trend, FSN is televising less games than ever for us, this year.
I thought they were doing 55 just like last season.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 08:38 PM
brah

Congrats on the first win!

brah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Angel View Post
Good evening Preds Fans,

In my mind, the battle is not so much whether Upshall vs. Nichol or Fiddler, but Upshall vs. his own potential. If he plays as a scorer, which is where I view him having the most impact, he is stuck on the bench. If he plays as an energy/PK guy, he is playing against his own potential as a scorer and could be in danger of ending up like a Matt Cooke in Vancouver. I would hate to see a guy like Upshall stuck as a third line agitator.

For what it's worth, here are my lines(although this changes at whim):
Erat - Arnott - Sullivan
Hartnell - Legwand - Kariya
Dumont - Vasicek - Upshall
Hordichuk - Smithson - Tootoo

I think the solution here is to move someone. I'm not sure who, and it will certainly be painful on some level, but, in the interest of the Preds, it may be the best move.

Truly,
J. Hilty H. Burr, Jr.
Again, I hear where you are coming from, but Upshall has ever been a guy who mucks it up and throws in some offense as well. He would excel in a third line role, as well as a first or second. The solution is just not to put him on the fourth line...

10-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I thought they were doing 55 just like last season.
Yes, they are broadcasting 55 regular season games this season on FSN South.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 12:08 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
If they truly believe Upshall is he odd man out, they should give him a couple weeks to show himself, then trade him.
To Phoenix .

10-16-2006, 12:53 AM
Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1 View Post
This is my biggest complaint with Trotz.
Agreed. While I don't want him to sit on something that isn't working, I'd love for him to keep some players together.. even for the entire game.

Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 01:34 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Brown Angel welcome aboard. Always enjoy having more quality posters and in depth analysis about the team!

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote