HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Home Opener GDT: 14/10/06 Ottawa @ Montreal 7PM EST RDS,CBC

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2006, 09:44 PM
habs_24x

vCash: 500
Habs tied it with 3 minutes left against a solid Ottawa team... i say take the point and run!

Old
10-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Traitor8

cause the puck was right there like an inch away from huet . he could of just touched it and it would of deflected away from the Sens player...

anyways it doesn't matter, i'm not saying Get Huet out of Montreal or something, I don't like to bash players after a game because mistakes are part of the game. The athletes do it and we do mistakes too when we play organized sport, doesn't mean we mean it, it's just part of the game.good game tonight, good pt, let's get the Flames.

Old
10-14-2006, 09:53 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Maybe because he only give 2 goals, while I didn't say he was praticularly strong on the 1st one and saying how he's not that great in Shootouts. Not getting anything free for me. But can't believe he's to blame on the 2nd.
The problem is not Huet or our goaltending at all. The problem is our offense. We're simply not scoring goals. The objective for Bob Gainey this year was to bolster his offense and it really doesn't seem like that has happened (although he tried). Bulis had 20 goals last year and Zednik had 16. Will Samsonov and Johnson account for 36 goals this year? I'm not so sure. And I'm not saying I was sad to see Bulis and Zednik go either. It was their time.

Other than the trades to swap forwards our Habs are banking on the youngsters to produce (Latendresse, Kostitsyn, Perezhogin, etc.) . I like Perezhogin, but he's just not meshing, much like last year.

Old
10-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

by the time the habs went down to 4 D-men, I just started hoping that they could hang on to that one point and take it to a shootout. That was a gutsy effort by the D in the last 10 minutes of the game.

Fortunately, during the 4 on 4 OT, it was pretty much low tempo so that helped out the D quite a bit too IMO

The shootout wasnt on our side tonight. Too bad. Time to take the point, and pray that rivet and dandy aren't too badly injured.

Old
10-14-2006, 09:58 PM
madbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_sanch View Post
Komisarek is ******* SOLID
Amazing game from Komi, every which way.

The 2nd period stunk, 60 minutes, damnit! I want some freaken regulation wins.

Old
10-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
The problem is not Huet or our goaltending at all. The problem is our offense. We're simply not scoring goals. The objective for Bob Gainey this year was to bolster his offense and it really doesn't seem like that has happened (although he tried). Bulis had 20 goals last year and Zednik had 16. Will Samsonov and Johnson account for 36 goals this year? I'm not so sure. And I'm not saying I was sad to see Bulis and Zednik go either. It was their time.

Other than the trades to swap forwards our Habs are banking on the youngsters to produce (Latendresse, Kostitsyn, Perezhogin, etc.) . I like Perezhogin, but he's just not meshing, much like last year.
I usually dont like to look at goals for this early.... but 11 goals in 4 games is respectable

Old
10-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Just got back from the game for all those who were wondering where I was(I doubt anyone noticed, but meh..)

My life is officially complete: I caught one of their shirts! That's right! I caught a Molson Ex shirt! It got me in the chest. I was winded, but I held on to it.

AMAZING pre-game intro. I was so into it even though I desperately had to use the bathroom.

Besides the goals, Downey got the biggest pop and may have just earned himself some crowd recognition as they did get a chant going. Good fight. Chris Neil is a punk.

The fans were chanting "GERBER" for some reason...

Who knew Ryder could hit?

Ladies and gents: Huet is not a shootout goalie. Thats why when he's playing, we need to end the game before the big SO.

I was at the game with my buddy and on the way back, he called into the CJAD post-game show and he got through! If anyone was listening to it, he was Josh, the 2nd caller.

I am now calling Niinimaa "Clutch Niinimaa". Why? Not quite sure, but it sounds kinda cool. Maybe because he's clutch.

Congrats to him and Samson for their first points as Habs(that was a nice goal)

All in all, good game. Wish we could've got the win, but we need all the points we can get so an OT loss is the next best thing.

Old
10-14-2006, 11:37 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Huet was shaky, i'm sorry to say it but with Abie tonight in net we win.. As much as I love Huet, let's hope he bounces back...

And *** Koivu in shootouts ? Put Kovalev ffs

Old
10-14-2006, 11:47 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I was at the game. I didn't realize Dandy and Rivet were hurt, hope they are okay.

Komisarek is a beast. I doubted him before but now we're starting to see why he was drafted where he was. Wow. Just wow.

Higgins. What a beast as well. Crowd is huge into him. I called his shortie too...When it happened the dude behind me went nuts and spilled his beer on me but we were so happy I didn't care, he was freaking out how I called it.

Koivu is unreal. He's playing with a new passion, I think the eye injury really got him to appreciate the sport even more than before and now he just goes balls out.

Ryder is awesome. I hope people start to appreciate him now. Where are the Ryder haters now? The kid absolutely demolished people out there.

Kovalev was garbage. I was not impressed at all. No passion, he seems as if he thinks he's above everyone...I get the feeling he doesn't like Carbo or something because the way he plays is as if he doesn't care.

Sammy scored a great, great goal. What a beauty. I know he's not a goal scorer but I want to see him cycle it through the zone and score like that more often.

Pleks had a good game, he was all over the ice and very fiesty, never gave up once. I think it's just a matter of time before this line explodes.

Perez-Bonk-Johnson is a very, very solid line. They all played decently, especially Bonk, I was impressed with him.

The 4th line is what you'd expect, Latendresse wasn't bad, almost had a massive hit on someone, wish he'd connected cause it would have been sweet. Downey is awesome, got a huge pop for the fight and he really did well.

Aside from Komo I didn't notice the D that much...Although Janne was pretty good.

Both Sens goals were bad goaltending. It happens, no biggie. I think we were lucky to steal a point.

Did Carbo switch upt he lines? I thought I noticed Lats on the 2nd line for a bit...I don't think switching up the lines is good to do at this point in the season but Kovalev was just horrible so maybe it was for the best. I get the feeling that's why Kovy wasn't in the shootout.

waffledave
Old
10-14-2006, 11:54 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

I missed a good chunk of the game as I was at a buddies and we were all playing pool and stuff and it was hard paying attention to the whole game. Just how good was Komi tonight? From the way it sounds he had his best game as a Hab tonight.

Old
10-15-2006, 12:01 AM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I missed a good chunk of the game as I was at a buddies and we were all playing pool and stuff and it was hard paying attention to the whole game. Just how good was Komi tonight? From the way it sounds he had his best game as a Hab tonight.
He was nothing short of amazing, He blocked shots, he had shots himself (good shots), punishing hits and very good defence positioning.

Old
10-15-2006, 12:03 AM
les Habs

Stupid overtime and shootouts. Should have been a draw.

Love Higgins more and more. And Ryder? I need to eat some crow. He put a nice hit on somebody out there. Samsonov with a nice solo effort. Still waiting to see that line click though. Great to see hot blood after the first with Downey getting stuck in.

Old
10-15-2006, 12:03 AM
Guriken

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
Huet was shaky, i'm sorry to say it but with Abie tonight in net we win.. As much as I love Huet, let's hope he bounces back...

And *** Koivu in shootouts ? Put Kovalev ffs
What? Questioning the choice of putting Koivu in shootouts?! Dude, if a guy can put the puck in, it's him. The goalie just didn't bite on his deke... You may prefer our flashy Kovalev hitting the post another time? Ok, he probably wouldn't have fired the puck on the post for a third time but Koivu is really playing well since the beginning of the season... we can't say so of Kovalev.

Old
10-15-2006, 12:10 AM
les Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guriken View Post
What? Questioning the choice of putting Koivu in shootouts?! Dude, if a guy can put the puck in, it's him. The goalie just didn't bite on his deke... You may prefer our flashy Kovalev hitting the post another time? Ok, he probably wouldn't have fired the puck on the post for a third time but Koivu is really playing well since the beginning of the season... we can't say so of Kovalev.
Yeah, but Kovalev is the better shootout option. Hitting the post for me means that he had the goalie beat. He's due a goal as he's been close with those posts.

Old
10-15-2006, 12:28 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
Yeah, but Kovalev is the better shootout option. Hitting the post for me means that he had the goalie beat. He's due a goal as he's been close with those posts.
Hitting the post means he still missed. Reminds me of the quote in the "Mighty Duck" movie.

I think there are better options than Koivu, then again, often the best players aren't the best shootout guys. Really its just a crapshoot.

Old
10-15-2006, 12:45 AM
les Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
Hitting the post means he still missed. Reminds me of the quote in the "Mighty Duck" movie.

I think there are better options than Koivu, then again, often the best players aren't the best shootout guys. Really its just a crapshoot.
Yeah, but Kovalev should be an option.

Was Ryder going to go third tonight?

Old
10-15-2006, 12:52 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

Yes, his name was announced.

Old
10-15-2006, 01:03 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:

I think he will always be an option. But in shootouts its often a gut feeling by coaches. Its not like Kovalev has shown anything the first four games. Maybe it will send him a little message.

Old
10-15-2006, 02:43 AM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
I think he will always be an option. But in shootouts its often a gut feeling by coaches. Its not like Kovalev has shown anything the first four games. Maybe it will send him a little message.
Agreed, after all Murray did the same thing with his top line who played an horrible game, just like Kovalev.

Old
10-15-2006, 08:43 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Ryder is awesome. I hope people start to appreciate him now. Where are the Ryder haters now? The kid absolutely demolished people out there.
So far so good in his case. I was critical of him last year for his 5-on-5 play, but also thought he could come back to his rookie form where he would hit and play a more all-around game. He's even faster so I'm glad all there was to it (or so it seems) was the injury. Love that first line.

Old
10-15-2006, 09:09 AM
jcpenny

I cant stop laughing about the comments on Ryder. The Ryder we're seeing is the same Ryder we saw on his rookie year. The guy was injured last year! How soon people forget...Only habs fans i guess!

Old
10-15-2006, 09:19 AM
Carbo N8

It should be interesting to see his play as the season progresses.

Apparently, the reason he lost so much weight is because he couldn't work out the way he normally would. He says his left side is weak, but, he is slowly building his strength back on that side.

Does this mean he will get bigger again & slower or stronger & better able to play along the boards?

Time will tell.

Old
10-15-2006, 09:37 AM
montreal25m

can't believe this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8 View Post
cause the puck was right there like an inch away from huet . he could of just touched it and it would of deflected away from the Sens player...

anyways it doesn't matter, i'm not saying Get Huet out of Montreal or something, I don't like to bash players after a game because mistakes are part of the game. The athletes do it and we do mistakes too when we play organized sport, doesn't mean we mean it, it's just part of the game.good game tonight, good pt, let's get the Flames.

First goal was a fluke goal...i mean..he didn't see it..was screened...and Hamel just slapped at it...and he moved his pad slightly to move to the left and just trickled by his right pad. Fluke goal...just part of the game. Second one, can't believe he is getting any blame for this. He was playing the shot..simple...souray is suppose to take away any pass going accross. Yes you can argue anything going through the blue should be goalie's responsibility..but the play..was sort of a wrap around...and Huet was playing the wrap around play..(by the way, when i was at the camp in Pierrefond...they practised that non-stop with the goalies ) and he was positionally the way he was suppose to for that play. He stoped 23 out of 25 shots...so he didn't steal a win..but he definatly wasn't responsible for the loss.

Old
10-15-2006, 09:38 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Huet is just not a shootout goalie, it's plain and simple.

Old
10-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
I cant stop laughing about the comments on Ryder. The Ryder we're seeing is the same Ryder we saw on his rookie year. The guy was injured last year! How soon people forget...Only habs fans i guess!
He's a lighter version of first year Ryder and that helps. I'm sorry but he never was that fast even in his rookie year. As effective and opportunist and clutch, sure, as fast no way.

But in no way was I in favor of trading a guy who even injured scored 30 goals, anybody here remember John Leclair??? Want to relive that scenario? I didn't think so....

Closed Thread