HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cairns to buffalo? *proposal*

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-21-2003, 02:55 PM
  #1
SabresRule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Cairns to buffalo?

on the sabres board, i read all the time, cairns would be a good fit here, im just wondering what you guys thought of it? good, bad or pointless move?

and proposals or du guys think he'll be picked of waivers?

i personally dont think we should get him, we need to score, not stop goals.

also, do you think Parrish would help our lack of goals? or be a waste of a spot and not help much?

your thoughts?

SabresRule is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 03:01 PM
  #2
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 37,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
on the sabres board, i read all the time, cairns would be a good fit here, im just wondering what you guys thought of it? good, bad or pointless move?

and proposals or du guys think he'll be picked of waivers?

i personally dont think we should get him, we need to score, not stop goals.

also, do you think Parrish would help our lack of goals? or be a waste of a spot and not help much?

your thoughts?

Cairn's wouldn't cost much - perhaps just a late round pick.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 03:02 PM
  #3
thestonedkoala
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Could something be structured in a three way deal:

TO NJ: Miroslav Satan

TO BUFFALO: Eric Cairns, Mark Parrish

TO NEW YORK ISLES: David Hale ??? something?

Nevermind...This would never happen. Satan is worth more than Cairns, Parrish and Hales won't ever be traded. But something to throw out. Maybe Jonsson or Hamrlik to Buffalo?

 
Old
11-21-2003, 03:02 PM
  #4
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,740
vCash: 500
Cairns makes $900,000 and is one of the best fighters in the game.Isles get something,if just a pick.

Parrish is a very streaky scorer but's he's good for 23-30 goals a season,willingly takes a beating in front of the net night after night.


You'd have to decide if the streaky scoring was worth taking another player's spot.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 03:12 PM
  #5
SabresRule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
Cairns makes $900,000 and is one of the best fighters in the game.Isles get something,if just a pick.

Parrish is a very streaky scorer but's he's good for 23-30 goals a season,willingly takes a beating in front of the net night after night.


You'd have to decide if the streaky scoring was worth taking another player's spot.
yeah, but if he works hard and plays well, if not scoring, im happy. does he work hard?

SabresRule is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 05:30 PM
  #6
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
yeah, but if he works hard and plays well, if not scoring, im happy. does he work hard?

he has no real speed to speak of.

He stands in front of the opposing net and takes whacks to be in position to score.Not to many players will do that game in and game out.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 09:11 PM
  #7
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,357
vCash: 500
bite milbury, bite!

campbell for cairns?

Jame is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 10:20 PM
  #8
KillToronto
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame
campbell for cairns?
Sabres would do it. Islanders wouldn't.

 
Old
11-21-2003, 10:42 PM
  #9
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 37,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillToronto
Sabres would do it. Islanders wouldn't.
I think that the Isles would give Cairns away for almost anything.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
11-21-2003, 11:49 PM
  #10
SuperNintendoChalmrs
Registered User
 
SuperNintendoChalmrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Campbell for Cairns......I'd sign on the dotted line for that one.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline  
Old
11-22-2003, 04:18 AM
  #11
Sabot55
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNintendoChalmrs
Campbell for Cairns......I'd sign on the dotted line for that one.
Agreed. But wondering, why do Isles fans (most of them, at least) want Cairns shipped out?

 
Old
11-22-2003, 05:54 AM
  #12
SabresRule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabot55
Agreed. But wondering, why do Isles fans (most of them, at least) want Cairns shipped out?
im puzzled why most sabres fans want him. isles are ditching salary.

I think campbell - cairns would be good, campbell doesnt get the ice time here and his developing well.

do you guys think he would be worth us getting?

SabresRule is offline  
Old
11-22-2003, 06:00 AM
  #13
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,486
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I think that the Isles would give Cairns away for almost anything.
Considering he's a UFA to be but only making 900K, why in your opinion would they just give him away? Curious for your thoughts on this one Darth....

Chainshot is offline  
Old
11-22-2003, 06:03 AM
  #14
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabot55
Agreed. But wondering, why do Isles fans (most of them, at least) want Cairns shipped out?

1.with the isles looking to move salary,most nyi fans would rather see guys like Weimer,Cairns,Timmander,even parrsih go before seeing Hamrlik or Peca go.

2.Cairns is a very slow skater.

3.There's some confusion. either Cairns($900,000) is a young ufa next summer or the isles just don't want to qualify him at 10%,paying him $1m, when they can pay Godard less then $500,000 to be the enforcer.

I'd be surprised if Cairns bought back more then a 4th.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
11-22-2003, 06:11 AM
  #15
SabresRule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
1.with the isles looking to move salary,most nyi fans would rather see guys like Weimer,Cairns,Timmander,even parrsih go before seeing Hamrlik or Peca go.

2.Cairns is a very slow skater.

3.There's some confusion. either Cairns($900,000) is a young ufa next summer or the isles just don't want to qualify him at 10%,paying him $1m, when they can pay Godard less then $500,000 to be the enforcer.

I'd be surprised if Cairns bought back more then a 4th.
now here's my thought and an element of condfusion arises:

1) Cairns is a forward and defender right? but useless as both and basically a enforcer.

2)Therien is a slow skater, but as solid as you get'em, and not used that often, basically available, if cairns is a slow skater, why the hell do read sabres fans wanting another goon instead of someone of use, therien.

anyway, i would like parrish, as streaky as he is, his still a 20+ goal scorer, something we need.

anyway, the isles are salary dumping, and, as you said peca and hamlrik would be stupid, cause the fans would probably revolt, especially peca traded.

SabresRule is offline  
Old
11-22-2003, 06:55 AM
  #16
Sabot55
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
1.with the isles looking to move salary,most nyi fans would rather see guys like Weimer,Cairns,Timmander,even parrsih go before seeing Hamrlik or Peca go.

2.Cairns is a very slow skater.

3.There's some confusion. either Cairns($900,000) is a young ufa next summer or the isles just don't want to qualify him at 10%,paying him $1m, when they can pay Godard less then $500,000 to be the enforcer.

I'd be surprised if Cairns bought back more then a 4th.
I'm really hesitant to have a guy like Cairns as one of my six d-men if he's nothing more than an enforcer. Has NY played him as a 4th line wing at all?

 
Old
11-22-2003, 07:32 AM
  #17
Jones23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vernon B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabot55
I'm really hesitant to have a guy like Cairns as one of my six d-men if he's nothing more than an enforcer. Has NY played him as a 4th line wing at all?
No...Cairns would be more of a liability at forward.He's to slow,he'd never keep up on backchecking.

Jones23 is offline  
Old
11-22-2003, 11:09 AM
  #18
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
now here's my thought and an element of condfusion arises:

1) Cairns is a forward and defender right? but useless as both and basically a enforcer.

2)Therien is a slow skater, but as solid as you get'em, and not used that often, basically available, if cairns is a slow skater, why the hell do read sabres fans wanting another goon instead of someone of use, therien.

anyway, i would like parrish, as streaky as he is, his still a 20+ goal scorer, something we need.

anyway, the isles are salary dumping, and, as you said peca and hamlrik would be stupid, cause the fans would probably revolt, especially peca traded.
Drury, Kotalik, Afinogenov, Dumont, Hecht, Briere.... why on do we need another 20 goal scorer?

Jame is offline  
Old
11-22-2003, 02:22 PM
  #19
SabresRule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame
Drury, Kotalik, Afinogenov, Dumont, Hecht, Briere.... why on do we need another 20 goal scorer?
cause afinogenov isnt gonna score that much, his still playing average, but not doing alot. our offense is playing appalingly at the moment, we cannot score. thats why.

SabresRule is offline  
Old
11-22-2003, 04:12 PM
  #20
Sabot55
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
cause afinogenov isnt gonna score that much, his still playing average, but not doing alot. our offense is playing appalingly at the moment, we cannot score. thats why.
Hecht-Briere-Dumont seem to be heating up. Drury is doing fairly well. Your assessment of the Sabre offense is a bit off, unless you are expecting them to match the '80 Oilers.

 
Old
11-22-2003, 04:40 PM
  #21
SabresRule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabot55
Hecht-Briere-Dumont seem to be heating up. Drury is doing fairly well. Your assessment of the Sabre offense is a bit off, unless you are expecting them to match the '80 Oilers.
no but before the carolina game, we had 6G in 5G, and our offense is doing pathetic things a the mo, alot of players are doing ok, but the hecht-briere-dumont line cannot do it all.

SabresRule is offline  
Old
11-22-2003, 07:29 PM
  #22
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
no but before the carolina game, we had 6G in 5G, and our offense is doing pathetic things a the mo, alot of players are doing ok, but the hecht-briere-dumont line cannot do it all.
sabres fans might have to accept that goals scored (or lack there of) has more to do with coaching than the players. Buffalo has plenty of forwards who can score. take this into consideration. The line thats really producing in buffalo (Hecht-Danny-JP) is scoring because Ruff has kept them together. he hasnt done that with anyone else. PLayers need to learn and undersatnd eachother to be productive offensively. Whenver ruff has kept certain lines together for extended periods of time, they've been succesful. But as soon as they hit a small slump he breaks them up. i.e Pyatt-Gratton-Satan, Pyatt-Connolly-Afinogenov, Kotalik-Barnes-Satan. Lindy needs to find his two top lines and his checking line and start playing them together and live with it. moving guys around every 3 games creates no chemistry. Not to mention Ruff is not an offensive minded coach. Bringing in another top 6 forward just clogs up the lines more, and gives lindy another piece to move around ineffectively. bottom line. settle on the lines, address the lack of defensive size and toughness, and possibly add a gritty 3rd liner. another topo 6 forward only stunts someone elses development

Jame is offline  
Old
11-22-2003, 09:45 PM
  #23
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The bushes
Country: United States
Posts: 8,198
vCash: 500
How about Afinogenov for Parrish?

picks for the Isles can be included if poeple want to get picky.

Vatican Roulette is offline  
Old
11-23-2003, 12:05 AM
  #24
Sabot55
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
no but before the carolina game, we had 6G in 5G, and our offense is doing pathetic things a the mo, alot of players are doing ok, but the hecht-briere-dumont line cannot do it all.
Willing to bet that the Sabre offense would improve drastically if they acquired a true number one d-man. Mark Parrish, while a good player, probably wouldn't turn things around.

 
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.