HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Roszival Supporters (if there are any)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-15-2006, 10:26 AM
  #26
mattyd99
Registered User
 
mattyd99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Warwick, NY
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
For most of last year I didn't mind Rosival and thought he was solid. I still feel he is a solid d-man but yes he has been horrible this year, but that doesn't mean he is the reason we have lost 3 in a row. People around here just don't like certain players (Rosival, Betts, Hossa). If we weren't scoring any goals I'm sure there would be more posts blaming Hossa and saying trade him. This whole unit has been terrible, blame all 6 of them.

mattyd99 is offline  
Old
10-15-2006, 11:21 AM
  #27
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers_23 View Post
Tonight is a perfect example of how Rosy got his "impressive" +35 last year. He looked pathetic all game, but because his major gaffes were on the PK and he was out there at the right time he ended the night a +1.

The only player in the positive for the whole team. Hrmmmm.
THANK YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Monglobster View Post
A toast, to the easiest 3.3 million dollars ever.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
Rachuneck went -3 and looked awful. Pock deflected a pass into his own net. These two have to go. Call up Baranka now.
I like the sound of that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
YAWN..

Buffalo scored 7 goals tonight and Rozsival was on the ice for a grand total of........ 1

His "gaffes" sure cost the Rangers



Oh man now this is funny...

The guys plays close to 27 minutes in a blow out game and still is a + player and he gets ripped...

Yeah this is the perfect example of the +/- stat not telling the truth...



God I love the CHEAP POP posts...

why not take a look at the Rangers other defenseman..

Ok, lets do that..

Rachuneck played 9 minutes at even strength yet was a -3

ditto for pock

how did they play? Do you plan on starting posts about them as well?



CHEAP POP, CHEAP POP, CHEAP POP...
LOL, No he wasn't, were you even watching the game?!?!

He was on ice for Briere's 1st goal, and Drury's 1st and 3rd.

I only was able to watch the 1st and 2nd periods, and he was on the ice for 3 goals against.

There goes your argument.

Like I said.. anyone who attempts use +/- in an argument is just "REACHING."

CM Lundqvist is online now  
Old
10-15-2006, 12:30 PM
  #28
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
THANK YOU!







I like the sound of that idea.



LOL, No he wasn't, were you even watching the game?!?!

He was on ice for Briere's 1st goal, and Drury's 1st and 3rd.

I only was able to watch the 1st and 2nd periods, and he was on the ice for 3 goals against.

There goes your argument.

Like I said.. anyone who attempts use +/- in an argument is just "REACHING."
Were you actually watching the game?!?!

there is rozsvial on the ice for Drurys First goal..(something I pointed out earlier) but he wasn't on the ice for any other of Drurys goal or Briers goal.....Ward is #4 and Rozsvial is #3 here I'll link you to the Rangers site were you can see the numbers for each player.

www.nyrangers.com

I don't think you were able to watch the first and second period unless you aren't sure which Ranger is which..

Oh here is the official score sheet..

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS020059.HTM

Oh and just for fun why not re-watch the highlights

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app

Great post though...I'm always a big fan of fiction....keep it coming...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
10-15-2006, 12:51 PM
  #29
barrel_master
Amber Heard
 
barrel_master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,922
vCash: 500
I'll come out as a "Roz supporter". I pretty much agree with most of SoS says below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
YAWN..

Buffalo scored 7 goals tonight and Rozsival was on the ice for a grand total of........ 1

His "gaffes" sure cost the Rangers



Oh man now this is funny...

The guys plays close to 27 minutes in a blow out game and still is a + player and he gets ripped...

Yeah this is the perfect example of the +/- stat not telling the truth...



God I love the CHEAP POP posts...

why not take a look at the Rangers other defenseman..

Ok, lets do that..

Rachuneck played 9 minutes at even strength yet was a -3

ditto for pock

how did they play? Do you plan on starting posts about them as well?



CHEAP POP, CHEAP POP, CHEAP POP...

barrel_master is offline  
Old
10-15-2006, 12:51 PM
  #30
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Plato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New York
Country: Greece
Posts: 9,019
vCash: 555
broken record

thats pretty creative
mad props kostik

Plato is offline  
Old
10-15-2006, 02:07 PM
  #31
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,065
vCash: 500
SoS...

set aside the stats for a second - did you think Rozsival played well? I seem to recall a few missed assignments, a few more turnovers than NHL.com has on its statsheet, and a couple hairy minutes, including a post getting hit while Rozsival was out there on the PP and Rozy was just sitting around picking his butt. I'm not trying to single-out Rozsival because so few Rangers played well, but I can't sit here and say 'Rozsival was only on the ice for 1 of 7 goals (the game tying one by the way) and thus he didn't play poorly'. I don't think that's what you're saying, so sorry for the simplification, but the question is, do you think he played well (without qualification and without being comparative)?

Fletch is online now  
Old
10-15-2006, 02:21 PM
  #32
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary
 
Lundqvist=Vezina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My world
Country: United States
Posts: 5,226
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Free Marc Staal

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline  
Old
10-15-2006, 02:58 PM
  #33
barrel_master
Amber Heard
 
barrel_master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
set aside the stats for a second - did you think Rozsival played well? I seem to recall a few missed assignments, a few more turnovers than NHL.com has on its statsheet, and a couple hairy minutes, including a post getting hit while Rozsival was out there on the PP and Rozy was just sitting around picking his butt. I'm not trying to single-out Rozsival because so few Rangers played well, but I can't sit here and say 'Rozsival was only on the ice for 1 of 7 goals (the game tying one by the way) and thus he didn't play poorly'. I don't think that's what you're saying, so sorry for the simplification, but the question is, do you think he played well (without qualification and without being comparative)?
But even if he didn't "play well" was he the biggest problem in the most recent loss?

barrel_master is offline  
Old
10-15-2006, 03:11 PM
  #34
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,065
vCash: 500
Absolutely not...

I think I noted that in my original post. There was so much wrong with the game that I couldn't pin it on one person. I was surpsrised, however, that Rozsival was on the ice for only one goal against. He played about 26/27 minutes - so when he makes a mistake, it sticks out, and when he's out there that much, a lot seems to stick out.

Fletch is online now  
Old
10-15-2006, 03:30 PM
  #35
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
set aside the stats for a second - did you think Rozsival played well? I seem to recall a few missed assignments, a few more turnovers than NHL.com has on its statsheet, and a couple hairy minutes, including a post getting hit while Rozsival was out there on the PP and Rozy was just sitting around picking his butt. I'm not trying to single-out Rozsival because so few Rangers played well, but I can't sit here and say 'Rozsival was only on the ice for 1 of 7 goals (the game tying one by the way) and thus he didn't play poorly'. I don't think that's what you're saying, so sorry for the simplification, but the question is, do you think he played well (without qualification and without being comparative)?
With the exception of Shanny I don't don't think any Ranger has played well but we have BIGGER problems than Rozsival right now. I think it's unfair he is being singled out when he shouldn't be.

Rozsvial as we all know is #4 defenseman at best (which we all agree on) but his play isn't that bad. His stats don't lie Fletch and the fact that he was on the ice so much and only one goal was scored is impressive in a game where 7 goals are scored againts..

I contend earlier and now the people that single him out are looking for a cheap reaction. Again it's like a band playing the garden and saying "i love ny" it's assine. Why isn't Pock being singled out when he was on the ice for 3 goals againts? Ditto for Rachuneck and Ward was on the ice for 3 goals againts as well...It's crazy to single out Rozsvial for the Rangers problems on the blue line..

We have way more problems at forward and defense than Rozsival....

How bout the forwards not back checking at all?

How about the defenseman to a man not being in proper postion?

How bout no big saves from our goaltending?

What about Renney making the wrong choices and refusing to change up the lineup and lines. Renney is 2 and 13 in has last 15 games coached and whatever message he is sending isn't getting through to the players right now.

Again Rozsival isn't the main problem in a pie chart of problems he wouldn't even be on it on right now..THAT'S how bad things are for this team...I'm sure they will improve but if things don't get better soon we could see major changes....or at least we should see some major changes...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
10-15-2006, 03:35 PM
  #36
barrel_master
Amber Heard
 
barrel_master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,922
vCash: 500
A lot of people are saying the team played very poorly but personally I think it was the goaltending that has let the team down in the last few games. It certainly wasn't good in the most recent loss.

Also, I'll go out on a limb and say I think Roz is good enough to be a #3 d and perhaps even a #2 guy. Having said that, I expect many here to respect me a bit less now. :p

barrel_master is offline  
Old
10-15-2006, 03:40 PM
  #37
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,065
vCash: 500
I don't disagree, SoS...

We can break down each player - this thread just happened to be Rozsival, which is a popular thread and because he's playing 25-27 minutes per night now due to his PP time, he's an easy target (and also considering that there's a consensus that he should not be on the PP).

But I can't be impressed by the fact that he was on the ice for only one goal. He wasn't the worst defenseman last night, but he wasn't good. Some of the opportunities created while he was on the ice just didn't end up being goals (like a post while shorthanded for instance; he still left the front of the net unattended, and on the PP, and afforded the Sabres forward an opportunity at an open net - that's just as bad as some plays that ended up as goals, even Pock, since for a change, Pock was in good defenseive position).

And as mentioned, I believe there are many more problems. Everyone could kick it up a notch.

Fletch is online now  
Old
10-15-2006, 06:28 PM
  #38
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel_master View Post
But even if he didn't "play well" was he the biggest problem in the most recent loss?
This is the biggest problem that most Rozsival supporters have (I have no idea of you are one or not). Being the biggest single problem and not playing well are mutually exclusive ideas. No, he has not been the single biggest problem (Defensively, Malik has actually been worse), but that does not mean that he has not been playing poorly.

True Blue is offline  
Old
10-15-2006, 11:55 PM
  #39
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
So this thread was made ANTI-Rozsival, right? 27 mins and 1 GA.... in a 7-4 blowout... Yes, I can see how he sucked.

Also, you guys think Renney's a good coach?

You think he's sabotaging the Ranger and putting players having bad games for 27 minutes out there...?

Same as last season... Rozsival was top-2 on the team in just about every category... Even SH IT, and the Rangers had a great PK for most of the year... He never got any credit.

+/- is flawed, yes... You want a stat that'll tell you what the coach and team thinks of a players? Try ice time.
No, Renney is overrated. He has no clue of what "line matchups" are. I've never seen him try to help Jagr out and get a better linematch for his line. We need a new coach, and some defensive help.

Ice time? How about actually watching them, and see how they perform. Ice time means nothing except for the fact that they're a coaches workhorse, which doesn't always make them good. I was logging lots of time when I was playing defense, but it didn't mean I was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
Oh please, stop this BS. If someone should be signed to keep JJ happy it's Rucinsky.
This "keep JJ happy" is like broken record , and really nonsense...JJ matured a lot and only thing which he cares about is SC, not 6 czech buddies in the team
Then why are two useless Czechs still around in Straka and Rozsival?

We can put younger, faster, and hungrier players in their places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
As was stated by Melrose, it is not like anyone is not aware of Rozsiva'ls short comings. Yes, he is an average defeseman. On his best day a #4, but usually a 3rd pairing guy. The real problem is why Renney is using him in a role he is woefully unsuited for? Take 10 minutes of his time and give more time to Ward, Pock & Rachunek. Rozsival's real problem has been the same problem that we have seen in the nightmarish 7 years. He is being used in a role that he simply is not equiped to handle. He cannot be on the ice like he is Lidstrom or Pronger. For whatever reason, Malik has struggled even more and is not there to cover up for Rozsival's mistakes as he is making even more himself.

Lacking of true #1-3 type of defensemen is truly hurting, but the answer cannot be to ride one average defenseman as if he was a much better player than he truly is. Reduce Rozsivals' time, redistribute it amongst the other defensemen and allow for Kasper to play in Malik's place. Weird to say but Malik has been the weakest linke so far.

And if things continue to degenerate, maybe it is time to bite the bullet, scratch some higher-contract players and see what Baranka can do?
Well said, and finally... someone else who saw what I was saying last year about Malik saving Rosey's ***.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
Gotta agree with TB. I have never been a Roszival supporter but I can't really bring myself to put this all on one guy. They all look bad and Malik is probably the worst. It's not really fair to come down any of the guys because no one is a top pairing defenseman on this team, yet we rely on most of them at some point to be that guy. We said it over the summer and it is obvious now: Our biggest need is for a top pair and we did not address it. Plain and simple, this is the team that finished last season and not the one that started it.
Malik is the worst because he's trying too hard to cover for Roseyballs' mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Were you actually watching the game?!?!

there is rozsvial on the ice for Drurys First goal..(something I pointed out earlier) but he wasn't on the ice for any other of Drurys goal or Briers goal.....Ward is #4 and Rozsvial is #3 here I'll link you to the Rangers site were you can see the numbers for each player.

www.nyrangers.com

I don't think you were able to watch the first and second period unless you aren't sure which Ranger is which..

Oh here is the official score sheet..

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS020059.HTM

Oh and just for fun why not re-watch the highlights

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app

Great post though...I'm always a big fan of fiction....keep it coming...
I'm sorry, maybe I confused the numbers.

I'll eat my crow on that.

Doesn't take away the fact that he sucks, and that plus minus is an overrated stat. He was THE REASON Drury scored the GAME-TYING GOAL. When you're a defender, you don't just forget about your man. HE LET HIM GO when the puck was being passed through the crease, that's when... maybe you don't actually play hockey enough to know this, because you're blindly defending terrible fundamentals... you tie the player's stick up and clear him from the crease! DUR HUR LOLZ OMGLIKEREALLY?!? Bloody hell, Drury could have set up a camp-site over there, the only thing Rozsival didn't do was give the guy a damn reacharound.

I may have saw something wrong with him being on the ice, for the other goal, but as a defenseman, when you watch someone play a position that you've played, and you see that person playing terrible positional hockey, and making mistakes that should only be made in pee-wee through bantam, you know that player is BAD.

Say all you want about me screwing up, the bottom line is, if you can't play the position right, you can't play it. Rozsival was a waste in Pittsburgh, and that's why they let his sorry *** walk back to the Czech Leagues.

Keep defending him, and I'll keep bashing him when he makes more bonehead mistakes that lead to more shorthanded breakaways, and poor defensive coverage.

Something tells me that I'm going to end up being right on this one.


Last edited by CM Lundqvist: 10-16-2006 at 12:11 AM.
CM Lundqvist is online now  
Old
10-16-2006, 12:26 AM
  #40
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
No, Renney is overrated. He has no clue of what "line matchups" are. I've never seen him try to help Jagr out and get a better linematch for his line. We need a new coach, and some defensive help.

Ice time? How about actually watching them, and see how they perform. Ice time means nothing except for the fact that they're a coaches workhorse, which doesn't always make them good. I was logging lots of time when I was playing defense, but it didn't mean I was great.



Then why are two useless Czechs still around in Straka and Rozsival?

We can put younger, faster, and hungrier players in their places.



Well said, and finally... someone else who saw what I was saying last year about Malik saving Rosey's ***.



Malik is the worst because he's trying too hard to cover for Roseyballs' mistakes.



I'm sorry, maybe I confused the numbers.

I'll eat my crow on that.

Doesn't take away the fact that he sucks, and that plus minus is an overrated stat. He was THE REASON Drury scored the GAME-TYING GOAL. When you're a defender, you don't just forget about your man. HE LET HIM GO when the puck was being passed through the crease, that's when... maybe you don't actually play hockey enough to know this, because you're blindly defending terrible fundamentals... you tie the player's stick up and clear him from the crease! DUR HUR LOLZ OMGLIKEREALLY?!? Bloody hell, Drury could have set up a camp-site over there, the only thing Rozsival didn't do was give the guy a damn reacharound.

I may have saw something wrong with him being on the ice, for the other goal, but as a defenseman, when you watch someone play a position that you've played, and you see that person playing terrible positional hockey, and making mistakes that should only be made in pee-wee through bantam, you know that player is BAD.

Say all you want about me screwing up, the bottom line is, if you can't play the position right, you can't play it. Rozsival was a waste in Pittsburgh, and that's why they let his sorry *** walk back to the Czech Leagues.

Keep defending him, and I'll keep bashing him when he makes more bonehead mistakes that lead to more shorthanded breakaways, and poor defensive coverage.

Something tells me that I'm going to end up being right on this one.
I'm not going to respond to this whole post, I don't have too. You have made it very easy to do in short order so I'll save everybody the time..

If Rozsvial was from Yellowknife you would be prasing him..

Nice anti-Czech post though...Yeah that will show me that Rozsvial sucks...

Good Job


Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
10-16-2006, 11:53 AM
  #41
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,006
vCash: 500
Perhaps the biggest issue

is that the two worst defensemen to-date have played the most minutes?

True Blue is offline  
Old
10-16-2006, 02:44 PM
  #42
nyrmessier011
Registered User
 
nyrmessier011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Charlotte/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,347
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Every single one of our d-men have sucked, not just Rozsival. Let's all get over this Poti like whipping boy, because he's no Poti and no Ozolinsh, not after leading the league in plus/minus and playing five games. Malik has been worse than Rozsival in my opinion. Lundqvist has been worse also, but because he's the "king" or something he gets a pardon because it's only five games. Way to be hypocritical. It's just silly that this guy is taking most of the heat for our 2-3 start. Why not Renney? Lundqvist? Malik? Ward? Weekes? Ruchunek? Power Play? Penalty Kill? Break outs? Player positioning which pretty much pertains to the entire roster? Media predictions? We all can't wait to pass blame, but it's been a team thing, not an Ozolinsh or Dom Moore or Jagr playoff thing. Let's see if Renney can be this Jack Adams finalist because I feel this is on him to turn it around.

nyrmessier011 is offline  
Old
10-16-2006, 03:17 PM
  #43
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I'm not going to respond to this whole post, I don't have too. You have made it very easy to do in short order so I'll save everybody the time..

If Rozsvial was from Yellowknife you would be prasing him..

Nice anti-Czech post though...Yeah that will show me that Rozsvial sucks...

Good Job

So now you're calling me a racist???

Wow. Because I think some soft defender who is inadept in his own zone, and useless on the power play sucks, I'm a racist?

You're as much of a biggot as you call me out to be for making that statement.

I'm not the most likable or civil person around, and I know I'm not perfect... but now I see why people hate you on these boards, with statements like that.

CM Lundqvist is online now  
Old
10-16-2006, 03:19 PM
  #44
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,779
vCash: 500
Awards:
That'll do.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.