HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "its going to be alright thread"

Old
10-17-2006, 01:56 PM
SheroWorship

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
or i could just blame all ills in the world on Hitch like you do? start posting my "numbers" (otherwise known as observable facts) and whatnot? lots of things i could do really... Hitch has yet to miss the playoffs with a team he's had through an entire season... so really, all he does is win, though.

cute post.
If I choose a different sport to compare coach's...

Bobby Cox won how may division championships in a row??? I don't care anymore (in Atlanta). I want to see progress.

And I don't see progress with Hitchcock. I see steady winning but no growth and no innovation. He does not use talent well. Look at Comrie for one. His Philly team's - with few exceptions like Primeau - have lacked passion.

SheroWorship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheroWorship View Post
If I choose a different sport to compare coach's...

Bobby Cox won how may division championships in a row??? I don't care anymore (in Atlanta). I want to see progress.

And I don't see progress with Hitchcock. I see steady winning but no growth and no innovation. He does not use talent well. Look at Comrie for one. His Philly team's - with few exceptions like Primeau - have lacked passion.
hard to progress when you keep winning the division... playoffs are a difficult nut to figure out. happens quick and fast and a lot can work against you. not to mention, scoffing at making the playoffs in baseball is a bit silly, that's the really hard part.

year 1 of Hitch - better than the year before.

year 2 of Hitch - better than the year before.

year 3 of Hitch - 388 man games lost to injury and we tied for the division.

year 4 - ?

i'm not a huge fan of Comrie... i think that sequence of trades didn't make a ton of sense, but i'm not missing him here. i'd rather have our current group of centers.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 02:53 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
This isnt about 5 game, the whole team has been lifeless, passionless and boring ever since he took over. Ive seen more atmosphere at a funeral parlour than at games at the WC.

Hes so horrible with the kids that its no wonder they are developing as quickly as some expected.
fine, find me a better coach right now who is available.
Were you complaining a couple of years ago when this team was within one game of the Finals, or last year the job he did with all the injuries?
horrible with the kids? Hes teaching the young players on this team to be better ALL AROUND hockey players, want proof? see Simon Gagne, he was pretty much a one dimentional hockey player before Hitchcock got here, and now hes one of the best all around wingers in the league. Thats what I want. So what if Jeff Carter doesnt score 35-50 goals this year because Hitch "doesnt use him correctly" in your view. If next season or the season after he is a better player for it I will take it. There is more to this game then putting the puck in the net.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 04:28 PM
Steve L*

I wasnt complaining but that was then, this is now. You cannot keep on going back over 2 years ago to say everything is alright. That was a blip, albeit an upward blip.

Senior players have complained about the way he treats the kids too.

Goalie rotations, line juggling, passionless boring hockey, letting vets get away with mistakes but benching the kids for the same thing, brutal PP that was supposed to be fixed years ago.

When his own players are saying he has an empty head, things are seriously wrong between them.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Personally, I'm not that upset. I'd rather have a bad start and then improve later in the year. It seems Flyers teams usually start off pretty good, peak in early winter, then fade in early Spring. I'd rather have the team stink now and improve than the opposite. I think they'll get better. Besides, if they continue to stink, at least the get a good draft pick!

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Brad*

Group me in with those who don't think things will turn out "alright." Watching this team has led me to believe that they aren't in a funk, but rather that they just aren't that good. I'm not predicting that they'll miss the playoffs, but I could see it happening this season for the first time in many years.

Brad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 09:58 PM
flyersfan97

Can we lock this thread now? Is there anyone left who is optimistic after tonight?

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Nikkowar

Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
I'm still optimistic

Nikkowar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Lupul*

Everything is going according to plan.

Lupul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 01:20 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Anybody want to hold a support group for the people on the board that are freaking out now?

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 02:42 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight25 View Post
Anybody want to hold a support group for the people on the board that are freaking out now?
people are upset and freaking out now and rightfully so.
But the only way to look at it its one bad game, its still October and we have only played 6 games. You start taking it any other way and people being upset will never end, put it behind us, thats all you can do

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote