HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tomas Fleischmann

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2003, 03:10 PM
Reign Nateo

vCash: 500
Tomas Fleischmann

I remember a while back a Wings fan posting on the prospects board wanting to know about Tomas, I didn't get a round to responding and so I thought I would post my thoughts on him here. I have only seen him play once this year, but I have seen him enough in the past couple years to make a decent judgment.

C #10 Tomas Fleischmann Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL)

Stats: Along with Oilers draft pick and teammate Kyle Brodziak (steal) leads the WHL in scoring. 12 goals and 27 assists for 39 points in just 24 games. Great start for him and the Warriors.

Strengths: Great playmaker and plays the game at high speeds. Has great chemistry with teammates and works hard. World class hands and skill. Clutch: 4 GWG already this season. Versatile, plays C and LW.

Weakness: Size. A very slight 165 pounds, decent height (6-0) but he gets pushed around at the junior level. Hard to get a hold of though. He is decent defensively, but no Sergei Fedorov.

In the game I saw Brodziak created more than Tomas, and next time Moose Jaw is in town (Kamloops or Vancouver) I will watch him closely. At this point I'm not entirely sure if they simply have great chemistry or are both great players. The Wings should not take any chances and aquire Brodziak from Edmonton!

If I had to predict, I would say he is destined for a top line in the NHL. Too much skill not to. He needs to bulk up (like most junior players) and become more aware defensively, but he is coming along nicely. Not the type of guy you rush into the NHL. I would say 1 more year of junior (be sure he dominates) and then off to Grand Rapids for at least 1 year.

Old
11-21-2003, 04:36 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
I remember a while back a Wings fan posting on the prospects board wanting to know about Tomas, I didn't get a round to responding and so I thought I would post my thoughts on him here. I have only seen him play once this year, but I have seen him enough in the past couple years to make a decent judgment.

Stats: Along with Oilers draft pick and teammate Kyle Brodziak (steal) leads the WHL in scoring. 12 goals and 27 assists for 39 points in just 24 games. Great start for him and the Warriors.

Strengths: Great playmaker and plays the game at high speeds. Has great chemistry with teammates and works hard. World class hands and skill. Clutch: 4 GWG already this season. Versatile, plays C and LW.

Weakness: Size. A very slight 165 pounds, decent height (6-0) but he gets pushed around at the junior level. Hard to get a hold of though. He is decent defensively, but no Sergei Fedorov.

In the game I saw Brodziak created more than Tomas, and next time Moose Jaw is in town (Kamloops or Vancouver) I will watch him closely. At this point I'm not entirely sure if they simply have great chemistry or are both great players. The Wings should not take any chances and aquire Brodziak from Edmonton!

If I had to predict, I would say he is destined for a top line in the NHL. Too much skill not to. He needs to bulk up (like most junior players) and become more aware defensively, but he is coming along nicely. Not the type of guy you rush into the NHL. I would say 1 more year of junior (be sure he dominates) and then off to Grand Rapids for at least 1 year.
right on track.....at training camp the team said he was about 3 years away.

He's got tons of skill, i wonder how gritty he is though?

Old
11-21-2003, 05:45 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:

Thanks so much!

Old
11-21-2003, 09:42 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Awesome, thanks man!

Old
11-22-2003, 08:16 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
right on track.....at training camp the team said he was about 3 years away.

He's got tons of skill, i wonder how gritty he is though?
Not a lot of grit, but one good sign is that he doesn't appear to dissapear when the game gets rough (as it often does in the WHL)

Old
11-23-2003, 12:22 PM
TomHBlain

Send a message via AIM to TomHBlain
Quote:
I remember a while back a Wings fan posting on the prospects board wanting to know about Tomas, ...
That was me, thanks for the response! Better late than never.

Hopefully he keeps developing. The part I like the best is the 4 GWGs... not just points but goals! I think the Wings have a lot of talent playmakers in their barn right now (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hudler), but most of them lean towards passing and playmaking. I like seeing guys who aren't afraid to finish with the game on the line.

One or two years away? I can deal with that. Maybe next year in Grand Rapids, with a late callup (season pending). Thanks again!

Closed Thread