HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Larger Ice Surface

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2003, 04:08 PM
HabsoluteFate

vCash: 500
Larger Ice Surface

Anyone else think that they should have made the ice surface for the Edmonton-Montreal game bigger....perhaps to see what kind of game would come out of it? in this case it wouldnt have taken much more to acomplish than a normal ice surface....

Old
11-21-2003, 04:13 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
It would be an interesting idea and one I'm sure they considered. Still, it would likely favor Edmonton considerably.

My thought is why the rink is so poorly placed. Seems to me the side seats are 40 feet from the rink. I think they should have turned the rink sideways and brought in bleachers for the sides. The rink is big enough so that if you turn it sideways, the permanent bleachers would be right in on the action at the ends. And then you could nestle the mobile bleachers right up to the sides. You likely couldn't fit as many people, but those who are there will have a much better view.

Old
11-21-2003, 05:25 PM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
It would be an interesting idea and one I'm sure they considered. Still, it would likely favor Edmonton considerably.

My thought is why the rink is so poorly placed. Seems to me the side seats are 40 feet from the rink. I think they should have turned the rink sideways and brought in bleachers for the sides. The rink is big enough so that if you turn it sideways, the permanent bleachers would be right in on the action at the ends. And then you could nestle the mobile bleachers right up to the sides. You likely couldn't fit as many people, but those who are there will have a much better view.
I would make a wild guess that most of the people will be so incredibly drunk that being 5 feet from the rink wouln't make a lick of difference!

Old
11-22-2003, 06:21 AM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause

i dont think the view is much of an issue...there was a section they werent going to have anyone in but the demand was so great they end up selling those spots....they warned the people buying the seats that they probably wouldnt see well at all but they still bought them....if i had the time/money or at least lived close enough to drive i would have went for them just to be there

Closed Thread