HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should the Flyers Jump in if Craig Conroy is Available?

Old
10-16-2006, 03:39 PM
epa80

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to epa80 Send a message via Yahoo to epa80
Should the Flyers Jump in if Craig Conroy is Available?

TSN reports Atlanta might be talking to LA about Conroy, who's been available since the summer when the Kings signed Alyn McCauley. If true, I think Clarke should be all over this. He already tried to sign Kesler as the checking C, and now they've kinda shoehorned Nedved into that slot. While Petr's played well, I have to admit I don't have high hopes this will work long term.

Would anyone move the 2nd Clarke was going to send Vancouver's way for Kesler, for Conroy? The guy is still a terrific shutdown C, and a right handed shot to boot.

Anyone? Anyone?

epa80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 03:48 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Hell yes.

But here's one thing with Nedved's line. His linemates suck. One is an AHL scrub, and the other is a washed up vet

RoDu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Winston Wolf

I've always liked Conroy. Anyone know if he's a good faceoff man?

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 04:58 PM
blah

Conroy was 51% last season and is at 47% this season. Richards and Nedved are at 53 and 52% this season. He's not much of an upgrade in the FO department or on the PK. Calder-Richards and Kapanen-Nedved have both been great on the PK.

blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 05:21 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
If he's available, go for it. He's the type of player this team needs so long as there is room for him. Everyone is saying he's available, he's having a tough start offensively, but he's also a type of player Dean Lombardi goes with.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 05:24 PM
BringBackStevens

i dont think he would help much. this is up to jeff, mike, RJ, and kyle right now

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 05:38 PM
blah

Conroy is signed for another year after this season. No thanks.

Old
10-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
i dont think he would help much. this is up to jeff, mike, RJ, and kyle right now
I agree.

I've never been a fan of Conroy anyway, but this team needs to figure out what they've really got here before they look to add or subtract anyone.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 01:45 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I personally don't think we need Conroy. We need a true second line right winger to really balance out the lines. Right now, Dimitrakos just isn't 2nd line material and Robitaille isn't much better on the line with Richards and Sanderson.

What we really need is a Tocchet type winger. I was really hoping that Eager was going to take that step forward and become a Tocchet-type forward, but I doubt we're ever going to see that now. It's too bad Downie didn't have Eager's size and skating ability because he's the closest thing to a Tocchet-type player we have.

We don't need more finesse, we need a blood and guts type player. I'd like to know what Florida would want for Nathan Horton because he could be a Tocchet-type player. And with Bertuzzi filling first line time, Horton might be able to be had. I'd deal a first for Horton.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 06:02 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I personally don't think we need Conroy. We need a true second line right winger to really balance out the lines. Right now, Dimitrakos just isn't 2nd line material and Robitaille isn't much better on the line with Richards and Sanderson.

we also need a legit shutdown center and Conroy would be the closest to that who would be available.

Also, I know no one likes Dimitrakos, but since he was put on the 2nd line, Carter and Umberger's play improved significantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah View Post
Conroy is signed for another year after this season. No thanks.
No he isn't

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 09:08 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Also, I know no one likes Dimitrakos, but since he was put on the 2nd line, Carter and Umberger's play improved significantly.
I'd attribute that more to Carter and Umberger being put back together, with Carter moving back to a position he appears far more comfortable at. Plus, Carter seems to be more and more willing to shoot, which he seemed a bit hesitant about early on. Really, I don't know how much Dimitrakos contributes to their improved play.

Stonehands77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
We don't need more finesse, we need a blood and guts type player. I'd like to know what Florida would want for Nathan Horton because he could be a Tocchet-type player. And with Bertuzzi filling first line time, Horton might be able to be had. I'd deal a first for Horton.
I know it's HFBoard mentality, but I remember Florida fans last year saying Horton would cost one of the kids.

I lol'd at that, but I don't see them trading him because they have Bertuzzi for the year (there's reports about him signing in Phoenix next year).

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 02:23 PM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
No he isn't
Yes he is. http://www3.telus.net/public/dreyes/nhl/

Old
10-17-2006, 11:02 PM
watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah View Post
indeed he signed a 4 year deal in 2004.... http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1835331

watson is offline   Reply With Quote