HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Character and Makeup of CH apparent leading up to the Outdoor Game

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2003, 03:36 AM
David

vCash: 500
Character and Makeup of CH apparent leading up to the Outdoor Game

I think our team's character and make up is shining through loud and clear in these last few days leading up to the Outdoor Game in Emonton.

It's sad to see that while the older guys like Carbo, Kirk, The Flower, etc are saying how fun being on the outdoor ice was and how the cold won't be a factor once they start playing and most importantly that they are here to WIN, the current guys are complaining and groaning about having to play in the cold.

Take for example, Brisbois' comment - paraphrased - 'If it's cold like today (Friday), there's no way I'm going be blocking shots! I'll just get out of the way...I'm not a goalie today'

First of all, I was embarrassed for him when I was hearing this because
has he ever blocked a shot in his life? Maybe once...by accident! But he was going on like it's something he does everyday! Secondly, I could see that he's there because he was forced to be there and it's obvious that when encountered with a little bit of cold, he's gonna pack it in and go home.

Same goes for Juneau's complaining. Edmonton guys are doing whatever they can to prepare for the cold and the game but he's going on to complain about how if they miss the playoff by a point because of this game...It sure sounds like they've lost the game already. They're gonna show up because they have to but they're not gonna try is the clear message that I'm getting from him and bunch of others!

Even Koivu is saying that if the temperature gets below -26 or something that they're not gonna play. I mean Koivu of all people! I thought he had more fire in his belly than that! In my eyes, this is the first chink in the armour of Saku, who has become such a symbol to this team and exemplifies what the rest of team isn't! This is so exasperating when old 40-50 year old foggies like Gretzky and his buddies are saying that no matter what, no matter how cold, they are gonna play!

Looking and listening to the CURRENT Edmonton dressing room and comparing them to the CURRENT Montreal dressing room, it's pretty evident why even the 2nd rate guys from Hamilton who went to Edmonton are outperforming the guys that were ahead of them in Hamilton but came to Montreal!

It's pretty apparent what kind of soft, undedicated, self absorbed, millionaire cry babies we have on our team. No wonder our team is struggling so much! It's pretty clear that comfort and easy money is the priority rather than winning on our current team!

WHAT HAS BECOME OF OUR TEAM?

Old
11-22-2003, 04:21 AM
Habsolution

Well you can criticize all you want but it's obvious you've never played a game when it's -26 out there.

By the way it's pathetic that you'd find a way to cry and moan about the team not having character by hearing some comments probably taken out of context too.

Anyway ...

Old
11-22-2003, 04:40 AM
Brownies

Well, I can say it's not that hard for a forward or a defenseman, but it must be hard for a goalie.

Old
11-22-2003, 04:42 AM
Habsolution

Well at minus 26 to 30 you can forget playing a whole game of hockey with all your equipment on and without 4 sheets of wool shirts, etc.

Old
11-22-2003, 05:14 AM
Uber Coca

Au prix que t'es payé mon Saku, crée moé qu''tu vas la jouer la game... J'ai presque de la peine de voir ses multi-millionnaires se glé le cul dewors.

Old
11-22-2003, 05:25 AM
RichardZednik#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Hainsey
Au prix que t'es payé mon Saku, crée moé qu''tu vas la jouer la game... J'ai presque de la peine de voir ses multi-millionnaires se glé le cul dewors.
Bien dit, Ron Hainsey .

Old
11-22-2003, 05:48 AM
Puke`

Send a message via ICQ to Puke`
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardZednik#20
Bien dit, Ron Hainsey .
Tu sembles négliger le fait que peu importe le salaire qu'ils font, ils restent des humains comme toi et moi. C'est pas ses 4M$ qui vont le protéger du froid ou lui éviter des blessures justement causé par le froid.

Et pour la game des vieux Oilers/Canadiens, je pense que c'est un peu injuste de comparer l'attitude des joueurs des deux parties (vieux/NHL). Gretzky, Lafleur, Shutt, McSorley, Carbonneau et les deux équipes peuvent bien laisser passer un but. Ils sont pas obligés de s'étendre de leur long pour bloquer un tir, ou de prendre une grosse mise-en-échec. L'enjeu n'est pas gros pour eux, la game elle-même est là juste pour le fun et pour se rappeler des bons moments. C'est toutefois pas le cas pour Koivu, Juneau et Brisebois (pour ne nommer qu'eux). C'est un match comme tous les autres MAIS avec le facteur risque de blessure qui fait un gros bond. Un Juneau qui se laisse contourner par un joueur des Oilers fera qu'on en parlera comme une mauvaise game pour Juneau alors qu'un Shutt qui laisse un Messier par exemple passer à côté de lui, c'est une toute autre histoire encore une fois. On parlera qu'ils n'ont plus le même âge, qu'ils n'ont pas à prendre le risque de se blesser puisque c'est juste pour le fun et ainsi de suite.

En tous cas, c'est mon opinion là-dessus.

Old
11-22-2003, 06:17 AM
Cloudigger

Donc si je comprends bien le consensus c'est que si nos joueurs se blessent tant pis pour eux vu qui sont payés pour ça ? je veux dire comment des êtres humains peuvent désirer ne pas être blessé... je veux dire, ils sont millionaires.. vite ... il faut leur souhaiter tous les malheurs possibles.... je pense que la carte du trancher-vous-les-mains-pour-nous puisque vous êtes millionaires devient ridicule un moment donné.... aussi .. pour ce qui est du caractère de l'équipe on peut se demander deux choses... 1: est-ce que dans n'importe quelle autre équipe que le canadien il y aurait eu des joueurs disant leur mécontements et leur peur ? oui...j'en suis sur.. venez pas me sortir que les joueurs d'edmonton ou les vieux sont ben contents de jouer dehors... c'est pas le même enjeu....et 2: avec la mauvaise saison du canadien ... c'est évident que le moral est à terre .... je veux dire quand ca va mal à job ou à l'école... on tend à être plus chialeux non ?...

Old
11-22-2003, 06:24 AM
habsfansam

honestly i love outdoors hockey, but generally i'm playing shinny with about 4 layers of clothing on, and i get to skate continually, and i've got hot chocolate and the option to head indoors if i start to get too cold. Not so for the Habs or Oilers tonight...

The old-timers only play about 30 minutes, AND there are less of them (only 3 lines each i think) so i don't think that anyone will be sitting for too long... can you imagine playing only 12minutes of tonight's game and sitting there for the other 2hours freezing your butt off (the heating won't do anyone favors ecxcept to dehydrate them), and tightening up?? These are guys who must go out and play another 60games this season, and i think they are worried about the risk to their bodies in the long run especially with pulls and tears being far more likely. Also, who knows what the quality of the boards will be... they might be rock-hard. That poses another risk to the players who are already tight from the cold.

If this was a game during a 3week NHL break where the teams all aronud the league played a mini-tourney outdoors and it was 4-on-4 fun... i think all the players would have a great time just playing around and enjoying the game. These guys all have pride, and they are worried about the product they will display under adverse conditions, and YES they are worried about themselves, their health.

regardless, once the puck drops i expect a game that is wide open... for a spectacle ilke this i hope the teams just drop all trapping-type pretense and go end-to-end nuts!! Here's to hoping...

Old
11-22-2003, 06:26 AM
habsfansam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudigger
Donc si je comprends bien le consensus c'est que si nos joueurs se blessent tant pis pour eux vu qui sont payés pour ça ? je veux dire comment des êtres humains peuvent désirer ne pas être blessé... je veux dire, ils sont millionaires.. vite ... il faut leur souhaiter tous les malheurs possibles.... je pense que la carte du trancher-vous-les-mains-pour-nous puisque vous êtes millionaires devient ridicule un moment donné.... aussi .. pour ce qui est du caractère de l'équipe on peut se demander deux choses... 1: est-ce que dans n'importe quelle autre équipe que le canadien il y aurait eu des joueurs disant leur mécontements et leur peur ? oui...j'en suis sur.. venez pas me sortir que les joueurs d'edmonton ou les vieux sont ben contents de jouer dehors... c'est pas le même enjeu....et 2: avec la mauvaise saison du canadien ... c'est évident que le moral est à terre .... je veux dire quand ca va mal à job ou à l'école... on tend à être plus chialeux non ?...
Well said!!

Old
11-22-2003, 06:26 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
1: est-ce que dans n'importe quelle autre équipe que le canadien il y aurait eu des joueurs disant leur mécontements et leur peur ? oui...j'en suis sur.. venez pas me sortir que les joueurs d'edmonton ou les vieux sont ben contents de jouer dehors... c'est pas le même enjeu....et 2: avec la mauvaise saison du canadien ... c'est évident que le moral est à terre .... je veux dire quand ca va mal à job ou à l'école... on tend à être plus chialeux non ?...

J'ai vu Brisebois et koivu en interview sur la glace hier à RDS et les deux étaient très heureux d'être la.

Il n'y a rien de mal à parler des désavantage et des éventuel danger si la température déscent trop. En bas de -26 ce serait effectivement trop dangereux. Le CH ne peut pas se permettre de perdre Koivu Markov et Théo demain!!

Old
11-22-2003, 06:57 AM
Kirk Muller*

Cloudigger,

"venez pas me sortir que les joueurs d'edmonton sont ben contents de jouer dehors... c'est pas le même enjeu...."

C'est exactement le même enjeu, gagner la partie.

En passant, il fait présentement -28,3 degrés celsius à Edmonton, LOL.

http://www.cbc.ca/servlet/Weather?qu...ternational,AB

Old
11-22-2003, 07:00 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller
Cloudigger,

"venez pas me sortir que les joueurs d'edmonton sont ben contents de jouer dehors... c'est pas le même enjeu...."

Et il est presentement 10h du matin a Edmonton. Il reste encore quatre heures avant le match.. Ca va se rechauffer.

Old
11-22-2003, 07:15 AM
Cloudigger

Quote:
Cloudigger,

actuellement non... peut-être qu'enjeu était pas le bon mot je reconnais... mais quand c'est ta ville et tes partisans qui recoivent une activité de cette envergure t'es beaucoup plus motivé et fier... ce que je veux dire c'est que je suis pomal certain que les joueurs d'edmonton sont pas tous très joyeux à cette idée (la game réguliere extérieure) mais y vont se fermer la gueule parce que c'est chez eux.... l'enjeux est populaire dans ce sens là... faut se rendre à l'évidence que le hockey aujourd'hui est autant une question de plaire au fan que de gagner.. mais ca c'est un autre débat....

blague à part à radio-canada ils annoncent -33 avec le vent(à Edmonton) et le match est même pas certain d'être présenté....

Old
11-22-2003, 07:26 AM
Kirk Muller*

Quote:
actuellement non... peut-être qu'enjeu était pas le bon mot je reconnais... mais quand c'est ta ville et tes partisans qui recoivent une activité de cette envergure t'es beaucoup plus motivé et fier... ce que je veux dire c'est que je suis pomal certain que les joueurs d'edmonton sont pas tous très joyeux à cette idée (la game réguliere extérieure) mais y vont se fermer la gueule parce que c'est chez eux.... l'enjeux est populaire dans ce sens là... faut se rendre à l'évidence que le hockey aujourd'hui est autant une question de plaire au fan que de gagner.. mais ca c'est un autre débat....

blague à part à radio-canada ils annoncent -33 avec le vent(à Edmonton) et le match est même pas certain d'être présenté....
OK, je comprends ce que tu dis. Je suis certain d'ailleurs que la proportion de joueurs des Oilers qui aiment vraiment pas l'idée est la même que chez le Canadien. Mais le point de David c'était que les joueurs des Canadiens sont en train de chialer aux médias, et que ça montre peut-être quelquechose sur leur caractère.

Old
11-22-2003, 07:40 AM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownies
Well, I can say it's not that hard for a forward or a defenseman, but it must be hard for a goalie.

i think theo will stay nice and warm with the amount of shots he is gonna get

btw nice avatar i love U2

Old
11-22-2003, 07:43 AM
Cloudigger

Quote:
OK, je comprends ce que tu dis. Je suis certain d'ailleurs que la proportion de joueurs des Oilers qui aiment vraiment pas l'idée est la même que chez le Canadien. Mais le point de David c'était que les joueurs des Canadiens sont en train de chialer aux médias, et que ça montre peut-être quelquechose sur leur caractère.
oui.. je comprends ca.. mais mon point global c'est que non ca représente pas nécessairement le caractère du canadien... oui dans un sens.. mais si toutes les équipes de la ligue dirait leurs opinions aux médias et iraient dans le même sens est-ce que la question serait même soulevée ? on sait pas c'est pas arrivée... donc on questionne le canadien parce qu'on ignore l'opinion des autres équipes et on suppose que seul les joueurs du canadiens sont en désaccord.... mais bon y a tellement de suppositions dans ce que je dis que je me la ferme :p

Old
11-22-2003, 07:48 AM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
not to try to offend any of the french posters on the board, but the majority of people cannot read french and was wondering if someone could translate some of the arguments into english.
i can read and understand french, however am not that confident in translating the posts accurately, so i was hopeing someone could help us out
thanks

p.s. i imagine its the same way for you french speaking posters translating into french

Old
11-22-2003, 07:49 AM
Kasparov*

Oh right, some of them don't like the idea much of playing outside in -30, i don't blame em, that's damn cold, specially if theres alot of wind.

They are entitled to their opinions just as much as you are, and those few words they've said (Theodore and whoever else) were taken completely out of context, and the way some of you people are reacting is childish to say the least. Just because a player doesn't like the idea of playing in the cold doesn't mean they are a "pansy" or whatever else you wanna call them. Now did he say he won't play? No he did not say that, infact he wants to play, he just doesn't like the "chill factor" involved, ok? Thanks.

-Kasparov

Old
11-22-2003, 08:01 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
Bien sur que non c'est beaucoup trop froid pour jouer un match de hockey. Quoique d'apres certaines personnes (au jugement douteux) les gars sont millionnaires donc résistants au froid.

Old
11-22-2003, 08:05 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by adammacisaac
not to try to offend any of the french posters on the board, but the majority of people cannot read french and was wondering if someone could translate some of the arguments into english.
i can read and understand french, however am not that confident in translating the posts accurately, so i was hopeing someone could help us out
thanks

p.s. i imagine its the same way for you french speaking posters translating into french
It's not worth being translated. Basically a bunch of stupid idiots said that since the habs players are rich they should play no matter how cold it is out there.

Old
11-22-2003, 08:13 AM
Cloudigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
It's not worth being translated. Basically a bunch of stupid idiots said that since the habs players are rich they should play no matter how cold it is out there.
hmm i never said that but i reckon im a stupid idiot

Old
11-22-2003, 08:16 AM
Rahan

En passant, les propos de Koivu c'était pas du chialage, il rapportait des FAITS. Il a pas dit "si il fait -26, je veux pas jouer", c'est que c'est déjà entendu que si y fait genre -25 ils vont annuler la game et la jouer le lendemain. Franchement là les gars..

Old
11-22-2003, 08:22 AM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
En passant, les propos de Koivu c'était pas du chialage, il rapportait des FAITS. Il a pas dit "si il fait -26, je veux pas jouer", c'est que c'est déjà entendu que si y fait genre -25 ils vont annuler la game et la jouer le lendemain. Franchement là les gars..

Yeah, that's what the NHLPA also stated.

---

Ouais, c'est également ce que la NHLPA a demandé.

Old
11-22-2003, 08:59 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
hmm i never said that but i reckon im a stupid idiot
I wasn't talking about you

Closed Thread