HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This Is The Thread Where Visitors Get To Ask About Panther Players' Progress

Old
10-17-2006, 10:52 PM
Super Berg

vCash: 500
Two things everyone brings up, 1) Injury, 2) 60-70 pts.

Mostly eveyone thinks that if he can stay healthy and bust out he is a 60 to 70 pts 2nd line center. As good as that would be, those stats would not make him a front line player
Does anyone actually he can become a top line guy, a la Jokinen? Or is he a 2nd line 70pt player at best?

Super Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 05:34 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHope07 View Post
Two things everyone brings up, 1) Injury, 2) 60-70 pts.

Mostly eveyone thinks that if he can stay healthy and bust out he is a 60 to 70 pts 2nd line center. As good as that would be, those stats would not make him a front line player
Does anyone actually he can become a top line guy, a la Jokinen? Or is he a 2nd line 70pt player at best?
I think a lot of people think he can become a top line guy, but not until he stays healthy and gets a few more seasons under his belt. He's young still.

10-31-2006, 01:44 PM
illone84

Ville Peltonen

Does anyone know when Ville Peltonen will be back in the line up?
I am hoping he will come back soon I want to see him play with Jokinen!

Thanks

illone84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 01:48 PM
Laus723
Future Now

He was back the last couple of games. I missed those games due to other obligations, but he did play. Far as I know, he'll be going tonight.

10-31-2006, 01:49 PM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by illone84 View Post
Does anyone know when Ville Peltonen will be back in the line up?
I am hoping he will come back soon I want to see him play with Jokinen!

Thanks
Peltonen returned last week against the Rangers and has been playing ever since. He's already played 3 games. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/...e=nhl-panthers

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 01:49 PM
justapantherfan

When did he get knocked out again? He has been playing the last couple of games.

justapantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 02:00 PM
illone84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Peltonen returned last week against the Rangers and has been playing ever since. He's already played 3 games. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/...e=nhl-panthers
Oh ok he is back! My bad, I just havent really watched any panthers games recently.
Do you know what line Peltonen is playing on?

illone84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 02:05 PM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illone84 View Post
Oh ok he is back! My bad, I just havent really watched any panthers games recently.
Do you know what line Peltonen is playing on?
He's played both second and top lines so far. No idea where he will stick plus two forwards are injured right now so he has more playing time to work with.

Last game he played at least some top line with Jokinen and Horton.

Old
10-31-2006, 02:55 PM
wpring

I read somewhere today that Pelt will be on the first line tonight again with Olli. I like the idea of them play together though its too bad we still have not seen the Newy-Bert-Pelt line together.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...y/15890002.htm

wpring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 11:59 AM
gohabsgo613

feedback on Rostislav Olesz

On what line is he playing right now? It's that time of the month for my draft, I can drop one player for a FA and I was thinking of dropping him. He's playing on the top two lines? any PP time. Do you Panthers fans think he's going to pick it up eventually?

gohabsgo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabsgo613 View Post
On what line is he playing right now? It's that time of the month for my draft, I can drop one player for a FA and I was thinking of dropping him. He's playing on the top two lines? any PP time. Do you Panthers fans think he's going to pick it up eventually?
I think he's on the 4th line the last couple games, but he gets moved around a lot. Martin has no problem putting him on any line, so he goes where he's needed.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 03:43 PM
george63

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabsgo613 View Post
Rusty is complete player, he can to play LW,RW,C. He plays for team and he plays 4th line .Horton plays only for himself and he is first line,PP -he doesnt know defence and he plays SH!!! J.M =

george63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Guttenburg

Weiss or Horton?

I know fantasy threads on team boards are somewhat shunned upon, however this one is keeping me awake at night here. Who would be the more productive fantasy player for this season alone? I have Horton but am tempted to drop him for Weiss since Weiss seems to log more PP time. Is this wise?

Again, sorry for cluttering up your board with this. Since these are two young, interesting talents are Florida's I figured it would be best to come straight to the horse's mouth.

Guttenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 10:45 AM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guttenburg View Post
I know fantasy threads on team boards are somewhat shunned upon, however this one is keeping me awake at night here. Who would be the more productive fantasy player for this season alone? I have Horton but am tempted to drop him for Weiss since Weiss seems to log more PP time. Is this wise?

Again, sorry for cluttering up your board with this. Since these are two young, interesting talents are Florida's I figured it would be best to come straight to the horse's mouth.
Weiss is more consistent. He's probably going to put up 45-50 points plus depending on how capable his linematers are at finishing. Eventually he'll probably play with Bert when he's back so production should go up by then. Horton is very inconsistent but will get you possibly 30 goals this year and maybe 45 points or so, he's a bigger boom or bust player though.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 04:00 PM
kurt
the last emperor

Olesz - Are the people at Yahoo crazy?

This guy is STILL only center eligible. I've sent Yahoo countless e-mails, asking them to give the guy LW eligibility, and it still hasn't happened. Is this driving anybody else nuts?

God. My only LW players are Samsonov, Bulis, and Moen. I have Ryan Craig and Rusty Olesz, both LW players, but neither are eligible to be slotted in the position. Jeez.

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
This guy is STILL only center eligible. I've sent Yahoo countless e-mails, asking them to give the guy LW eligibility, and it still hasn't happened. Is this driving anybody else nuts?

God. My only LW players are Samsonov, Bulis, and Moen. I have Ryan Craig and Rusty Olesz, both LW players, but neither are eligible to be slotted in the position. Jeez.
Heh, Yahoo pulls this stuff all the time. I'm glad someone takes the time to email them but eh, doesn't seem they really care. Olesz I believe has never played Center at the NHL level and considering the depth we have at center, he never will. His play as a LW is way more important right now even if it's on the 4th or 3rd line, as evidenced by his goal last night. In Yahoo Fantasy though, as a center, he's basically useless which is sad because as a LW he'd be a worthy 4th LW or 3rd in bigger leagues. LW is way thinner than it should be, ie. Michalek and Bernier are both RWs in Yahoo, which is hilarious considering they are on the same line.

Old
11-03-2006, 05:51 PM
kurt
the last emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Heh, Yahoo pulls this stuff all the time. I'm glad someone takes the time to email them but eh, doesn't seem they really care. Olesz I believe has never played Center at the NHL level and considering the depth we have at center, he never will. His play as a LW is way more important right now even if it's on the 4th or 3rd line, as evidenced by his goal last night. In Yahoo Fantasy though, as a center, he's basically useless which is sad because as a LW he'd be a worthy 4th LW or 3rd in bigger leagues. LW is way thinner than it should be, ie. Michalek and Bernier are both RWs in Yahoo, which is hilarious considering they are on the same line.
Tell me about it. There's a million things I could whine about. I think I'm going to send another e-mail.

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Clash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
Tell me about it. There's a million things I could whine about. I think I'm going to send another e-mail.
Won't do you any good. Olesz played lw all of last year, and they never added that to his position. They say a player needs to play a position consistently for ten games, but I routinely see players who are listed improperly and never get changed and others who play two games in an entire season at a position, and they're listed there. Case in point, you most likely won't see Kwiatkowski listed as a forward any time soon by Yahoo. And I am in a league deep enough that the top 600 players are on taken and you look daily for the call-ups from the AHL that would have a bigger impact than a Kwiatkowski.

Clash* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 09:07 AM
Bjorkloven

What's up with Ric Jackman????

Greetings from Sweden to all HFboarders! During the lockout my hometeam Bjorkloven of SWE Div 2 had the good fortune of having Ric Jackman in our team. He certainly had some good skills, good physique and a killer shot, he did however sometimes come across as slightly unmotivated but I guess he'd rather have been playing on the other side of the pond... Still, a very talented player!

I've been trying to follow his progress with the Panthers this year, but it seems like he's been on the healthy scratch list for the most part of the season. Anybody knows the reason for this? I thought he had a pretty good pre- season and that he would at least be the 6-7 d-man of the team. He hasn't playing with the farm teams either right?

Bjorkloven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 11:07 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorkloven View Post
Greetings from Sweden to all HFboarders! During the lockout my hometeam Bjorkloven of SWE Div 2 had the good fortune of having Ric Jackman in our team. He certainly had some good skills, good physique and a killer shot, he did however sometimes come across as slightly unmotivated but I guess he'd rather have been playing on the other side of the pond... Still, a very talented player!

I've been trying to follow his progress with the Panthers this year, but it seems like he's been on the healthy scratch list for the most part of the season. Anybody knows the reason for this? I thought he had a pretty good pre- season and that he would at least be the 6-7 d-man of the team. He hasn't playing with the farm teams either right?
No time on the farm team - he's on a one-way contract that means he'd have to be paid an NHL salary to play on the farm team. Probably'd have to clear waivers, too.

He simply isn't playing as well as Kiwi and Montador in Martin's eyes, I guess.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 06:28 PM
NYVanfan

Hi, what can you tell me about Kolnik?
Who's he playing with, and is he getting PP time, and what's his overall ice?
I'm thinking of picking him up, thanks

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 08:16 PM
PanthersFanatic12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
Hi, what can you tell me about Kolnik?
Who's he playing with, and is he getting PP time, and what's his overall ice?
I'm thinking of picking him up, thanks
Currently, i think hes playing on a line with weiss and roberts . He gets decent ice time , is used on the PK cuz hes so reliable defensively . He also can put some pucks in .

PanthersFanatic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 06:39 PM
JohnnyAppleSeed50

Could I get some info about Hornton... His potential, ability...

I've watched him only once so I want to know more...

JohnnyAppleSeed50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 09:15 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Olesz-Not Fantasy Related:

What has been his role to this point? How has he performed in his role? Are you happy, so far, with his development as a player? What do you expect from him, production and role wise, as far as this season goes? Next season? In the future?

Thanks, very much. This was the kid I was livid with Phoenix management for passing up in order to draft Blake Wheeler. I just want to see how mad I should still be.

Also, and this is secondary to the previous content, I notice that Florida has not quite produced the wins that I expected out of them this season, so far. What is the problem? Your GA/G is 25th, leaguewide, so I imagine that has something to do with it. Is that a goaltending, defense, or entire team problem? Do you expect it to work itself out, or do you see some personel changes on the horizon? Are you satisfied to merely remain competative, while continuing with a youth movement, or would you rather deal some youth for a crack at making some playoff noise?

11-14-2006, 05:31 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Jay Bouwmeester

Hey Cats fans I've been wondering for a while now how JBo has progressed. I'm a big fan of his since, even since his juniour days and was wondering what his level of play is now.

I know last year he started to bring a physical edge to his game more and more, and was getting the offense going a bit too. Just wondering how he's playing now.

Anyways, thanks for any answers, and good luck to you guys in the future.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote