HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dino Costa Avalanche Talk

Old
11-16-2006, 08:00 PM
avspatti

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
i have some stories man - he is a freak. control freak from everything from the game presentation to how he handles his employess and their contact with the outside world.

for the record, i would love to have the nords jerseys back - over the rockies ones. i think they would both be good ideas though. i would guess pl would prefer something new, tho - like the third jerseys we already have.
I love the third jerseys - simple and very classy.

avspatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 01:18 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

So is there going to be a new afternoon sports show on the RCN? I didn't hear it yesterday, but apparently, Costa did an afternoon show (4-6? 3-6?) yesterday in addition to the normal show. And he's saying on today's show that there may be a new permanent show at that time. He also mentioned emails he's been getting about rumors of another host doing one of the two shows (the names Armstrong and Neverett were even being tossed around).

ColoradoHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

You telling me some radio programming director figured out Irv & Joe are unlistenable and a competing product might draw ratings?!

Hasbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 07:49 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
You telling me some radio programming director figured out Irv & Joe are unlistenable and a competing product might draw ratings?!
Well, Z560 figured it out (again) and started an afternoon show with Dave Benz, so I guess it was only a matter of time before the RCN figured it out too.

Old
12-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
I saw on the AM 560 website that they will have a partnership with Sporting News Radio starting in January. Now the question remains as to who picks up ESPN Radio in the Denver market.

Old
12-08-2006, 04:51 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
I saw on the AM 560 website that they will have a partnership with Sporting News Radio starting in January. Now the question remains as to who picks up ESPN Radio in the Denver market.
The other question that remains is whether both local shows stay. The morning show had been giving indications that they might be going away, so they could still be gone. I would think at least Benz would be staying in the afternoon since they hired him after they must have known about all of this. But Crawford has been unpredictable and crazy in the past, so who knows.

Old
12-12-2006, 01:33 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Sounds like the morning show on 560 will be blown up. And check this out:

http://www.denverpost.com/kreck/ci_4820380

Quote:
Armstrong to 'The Fan'

That didn't take long. Post columnist Jim Armstrong, one-half of the morning pair at KLZ 560-AM, taking his sports chatter to KKFN 950-AM ("The Fan"), starting Jan. 1.

He'll share the mic afternoons with Irv Brown and Joe Williams
, longtime fixtures on "The Fan." "I'm very fond of these guys," said Armstrong. "It's not the Three Stooges, OK?"

No word on the fate of his KLZ partner, Tim Neverett. If there's any justice in radio, he'll land a good gig somewhere in town.

From one end of the dial to the other: ESPN Radio switching from KLZ at 560 and turning up Jan. 1 on KCKK 1600-AM, currently a classic country station.
Could this be the start of the phasing out of Irv Brown? Is there a pleading/begging emoticon?

Old
12-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHockeyFan View Post

Could this be the start of the phasing out of Irv Brown? Is there a pleading/begging emoticon?
Doesn't do any good without taking Joe with him.

Old
12-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Jori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHockeyFan View Post

Amstrong used to be on The Fan before he jumped to AM 560. You know how they have the Power Hour every Friday on Irv & Joe? Armstrong used to be a part of it.

ESPN Radio on AM 1600 is absolutely horrible.

Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 03:24 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Amstrong used to be on The Fan before he jumped to AM 560. You know how they have the Power Hour every Friday on Irv & Joe? Armstrong used to be a part of it.
You're right... I forgot about that little tie. This will be interesting, though. Unlike that previous stint, this won't be just one hour at the tail end of one show per week. This sounds like it'll be a full-time, three-man booth. Seems like overkill to me, but if it in any way, shape, or form helps lead to the retirement of Irv (and Joe), I'm all for it!

Old
12-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Jori

I'm sad to see the morning show on AM 560 go. I liked it better then Moser/Clough on AM 950.

Old
12-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Maybe 560 will give Kiszla another shot.

Old
12-12-2006, 03:37 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
I'm sad to see the morning show on AM 560 go. I liked it better then Moser/Clough on AM 950.
I'm sad too because it eliminates alternatives, which is always bad. I still prefer Clough, but it's nice to be able to jump back and forth. I would usually be default have it on 950, but if 560 was interviewing an Avs player/coach, I could flip over there for a while, and vice versa. You could catch Coach Q on 950 for a few segments, and then go catch him answering different questions on 560. Just nice to have both.

Old
12-12-2006, 03:48 PM
12# Peter Bondra

You are talking about you having 2 Avs radio shows and how you can switch.

Here, we have like 2 minutes given to hockey per day on the most listened radio .

12# Peter Bondra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12# Peter Bondra View Post
You are talking about you having 2 Avs radio shows and how you can switch.

Here, we have like 2 minutes given to hockey per day on the most listened radio .
I think 950 does a good job considering their full plate, again it depends on the show and it doesn't help that Irv and Joe have the bnest time slot.

I would rather they move Clough and Moser into the afternoon slot if I&J aren't long for this world, but I have the feeling like Scott and Al are being groomed for that spot.

Old
12-12-2006, 04:12 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
I think 950 does a good job considering their full plate, again it depends on the show and it doesn't help that Irv and Joe have the bnest time slot.

I would rather they move Clough and Moser into the afternoon slot if I&J aren't long for this world, but I have the feeling like Scott and Al are being groomed for that spot.
You're right about 950. We all complain a lot, but we really do have it pretty good here. Irv and Joe are the biggest problem (and if they're replaced by anyone named Scott Hastings, that problem will just continue).

I think now that Dave Benz is on 560, the afternoons there have maybe turned out better than their mornings a lot of the time. I also wonder if there are any plans at all to try and continue with local programming in the morning, or if the end of Neverett/Armstrong is the end of local talk in the morning there, period.

Old
12-12-2006, 04:13 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Speaking of 560, Benz will have Dan Hinote, Joel Quenneville, and Adrian Dater all on the show this afternoon.

Old
12-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

I was happy to get Air America but the caveat was it took off the afternoon show there which was making ratings trouble for I&E. David Diaz-Infante and who else?

Old
12-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Jori

Quote:
I was happy to get Air America but the caveat was it took off the afternoon show there which was making ratings trouble for I&E. David Diaz-Infante and who else?
I think Bob Davidson was on there for a while.

A morning show on 560 can still work. Why not bring in Les Shapiro to replace Armstrong?

Old
12-12-2006, 04:34 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
A morning show on 560 can still work. Why not bring in Les Shapiro to replace Armstrong?
Would not be my first choice, but I'd rather have a morning show there than not have one. The thing is... if 560 is planning to have a morning show still, why would they break up the current team?

Old
12-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I think Bob Davidson was on there for a while.

Yeah maybe but if I were a station director I'd see the afternoon slot as the best for making inroads since the compitition is unlistenable. But then again I don't think there's an excess of intelegence in radio programming.

Anyone remember when the Peak was the last nonClearchannel rock station and their brilliant idea was to go all 80's to get ratings (as opposed to the near free form they were for years) and of course they ended up floundering and switching to Spanish.

Old
12-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Jori

Now that I reread that article, you get the hint that there will no longer be a morning show. So am I to assume that there will only be just the afternoon show for local talk on 560 (besides the play-by-play)?

Maybe they get a mid day show? Jim Rome and Costa would be the competition as nobody can get AM 1600 clearly

Old
12-12-2006, 04:44 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Now that I reread that article, you get the hint that there will no longer be a morning show. So am I to assume that there will only be just the afternoon show for local talk on 560 (besides the play-by-play)?
That's what I mean, yeah... that's the impression that I'm getting anyway. Sounds like the morning show is just gone on Jan 1. Armstrong just found a new job more quickly.

Old
12-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Itried listening to Irv and Joe for any news about this, but Irv was going on about how Iverson was the ideal player to run the four corners and Joe was going off about the Broncos haven't had a good QB since Steve Tensi

Old
01-24-2007, 01:19 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Kind of an interesting note. Lyle Richardson of Spector's Hockey is going to be a regular guest on Costa's show starting today.