HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ramzi Abid - value?

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2003, 12:58 PM
Rowsdower

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rowsdower
Ramzi Abid - value?

Hello all.....I was wondering what Abid would fetch in a trade....he has been pretty invisible thus far in Pitts....since it is becoming more and more likely Straka will be 'traded', perhaps he can be added on so that we may be able to get a nicer return....anyway, any thoughts would be great...defense would be the first thing I'd look for, but foward proposals work too....

Old
11-20-2003, 01:19 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower 3:16
Hello all.....I was wondering what Abid would fetch in a trade....he has been pretty invisible thus far in Pitts....since it is becoming more and more likely Straka will be 'traded', perhaps he can be added on so that we may be able to get a nicer return....anyway, any thoughts would be great...defense would be the first thing I'd look for, but foward proposals work too....
3ed round pick ar best rigt now

Old
11-20-2003, 01:19 PM
H-Bear

Quote:
Horcoff + 5th.

Old
11-20-2003, 01:25 PM
PhoPhan

He won't get you much. Consider this: at the trade deadline last year, he, Guillaume LeFebvre and Dan Focht collectively got Jan Hrdina, and this was after Ramzi had a very strong rookie campaign and made a name for himself. I was quite upset when he left Phoenix, but I was also quite surprised when I saw the little return he garnered. That being said, his value has managed to plummet since this trade due to his poor play. I'd say the only way he gets moved is if the trading party is enamored with him and wants him on top of Straka. Because they will want him so much, they will throw his name on the table first, most likely, which will swing the leverage in favor of Pittsburgh, and thus will inflate his value (should he be traded). For this reason, I think adding him to a Straka deal could add something like a 3rd or a 2nd, rather than a 4th, or maybe it could upgrade a player involved from the other side.

Old
11-20-2003, 01:37 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
He won't get you much. Consider this: at the trade deadline last year, he, Guillaume LeFebvre and Dan Focht collectively got Jan Hrdina, and this was after Ramzi had a very strong rookie campaign and made a name for himself. I was quite upset when he left Phoenix, but I was also quite surprised when I saw the little return he garnered. That being said, his value has managed to plummet since this trade due to his poor play. I'd say the only way he gets moved is if the trading party is enamored with him and wants him on top of Straka. Because they will want him so much, they will throw his name on the table first, most likely, which will swing the leverage in favor of Pittsburgh, and thus will inflate his value (should he be traded). For this reason, I think adding him to a Straka deal could add something like a 3rd or a 2nd, rather than a 4th, or maybe it could upgrade a player involved from the other side.

keep in mind that about half of Abid's goals last year came against the Penguins.

he's a power forward with incredible hands but is a poor skater. Can Pittsburgh afford to give up anyone on their pro roster; especially one with a salary in the range of Abid's? He has potential to be a 3rd liner on an NHL team. Expectations by Forecasters that he would walk into this season and put up a 30 goal season put experations beyond reasonable levels. He's a potential 20 goal scorer in this league. clock is ticking though.

Old
11-20-2003, 01:57 PM
spence___

I was wondering if maybe he'd be enough to get Afinogenov, since neither seem to be having much luck this season.

Old
11-20-2003, 02:27 PM
Shark Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence___
I was wondering if maybe he'd be enough to get Afinogenov, since neither seem to be having much luck this season.
Only if you used the Jedi Mind trick.

Chomp, Chomp

Old
11-20-2003, 02:49 PM
loveshack2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface
Chocolate Bar.

Thats his value right there, i'd trade a chocolate bar for him.
Excellent. That laugh alone was worth opening this thread.

Old
11-20-2003, 03:05 PM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Attack
Only if you used the Jedi Mind trick.

Chomp, Chomp

Old
11-20-2003, 03:07 PM
Big McLargehuge
Diving in Head First

vCash: 422
Personally I wouldn't even be suprised if he passed through waivers right now.

The Pens should just give it a try, his value is lower than it will ever be, he's out of place in the NHL right now, and he has a two-way contract.

Earlier in the year he'd be snapped up quicker than a meatloaf in Ethiopia.

Old
11-20-2003, 03:26 PM
Jeff Goldblum

What about a guy like Vishnevski? Could we get him without adding too much?

Old
11-20-2003, 08:32 PM
Big McLargehuge
Diving in Head First

add Straka maybe...

Old
11-21-2003, 06:23 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Not much he's even worse then Perrault and Montreal will have a hard time moving him!

Old
11-21-2003, 06:56 AM
CaputMortuum

PHX should pick him up again. Does PIT wat Hrdina back?

Old
11-21-2003, 09:20 AM
look out for orpik

he's been invincible because he's playing on the 3rd line with 2 other guys who are grinders. i do think bradley has an upside and he also needs to have someone with some offensive to produce and i find nothing wrong with that. how can someone expect thsoe two guys to produce with a centerman like holzinger? bradley i see more as being a third line guy, but abid has been projected as being a 1st or 2nd line guy. i bet if you stuck him on a line maybe with straka or kolstov, they would start to get his motor going. you cant expect a third line like bradley holzinger and abid to produce 10-15 goals each. you have to have a balance on every line and thats not whats being done here. BTW can anyone who watched the coyotes games last year rem. who abid played with? and anyone who watched the sharks tell me who bradley usually played with? id appreciate that, thanx

Old
11-21-2003, 11:55 AM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by look out for orpik
he's been invincible because he's playing on the 3rd line with 2 other guys who are grinders. i do think bradley has an upside and he also needs to have someone with some offensive to produce and i find nothing wrong with that. how can someone expect thsoe two guys to produce with a centerman like holzinger? bradley i see more as being a third line guy, but abid has been projected as being a 1st or 2nd line guy. i bet if you stuck him on a line maybe with straka or kolstov, they would start to get his motor going. you cant expect a third line like bradley holzinger and abid to produce 10-15 goals each. you have to have a balance on every line and thats not whats being done here. BTW can anyone who watched the coyotes games last year rem. who abid played with? and anyone who watched the sharks tell me who bradley usually played with? id appreciate that, thanx
I'm hoping you mean "invisible" instead of "Invincible".

Old
11-21-2003, 12:11 PM
look out for orpik

invisible .... I-N-V-I-S-I-B-L-E invisible whoops

Old
11-21-2003, 01:04 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

I would like Pittsburgh to hold on to him and give him a chance, same with Kraft. I think both of those guys can be solid 20 goal scorers. I would like to see Holzinger gone instead.

Old
11-21-2003, 02:50 PM
Big McLargehuge
Diving in Head First

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeakinMeehan16
PHX should pick him up again. Does PIT wat Hrdina back?
not with that contract.

What was Phoenix smoking when they gave him that kind of money?

Old
11-21-2003, 03:15 PM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
i dont understand this kid, didnt he do awesome things on Phonix, the didnt nothing on Pitt, or am i wrong.

Old
11-21-2003, 04:39 PM
Big McLargehuge
Diving in Head First

You're right.

Since being acquired he has 1 goal and 0 assists for the Penguins.

Granted he only played 3 games before going down to an injury last year for us that's pathetic.

Old
11-21-2003, 06:45 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompenguin
not with that contract.

How much is he making?

Old
11-22-2003, 08:41 AM
Big McLargehuge
Diving in Head First

This year it's 2.2 but it goes up drastically after that.

It averages out to more than 3 million a year I believe.

Abid makes 450k, Focht 550k, and Lefebvre...I don't really know but it's minisclue.

And I believe all are two-way contracts. Not that Focht will be going to Wilkes-Barre any time soon.

Old
11-22-2003, 02:08 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
This year it's 2.2 but it goes up drastically after that.

It averages out to more than 3 million a year I believe.

Abid makes 450k, Focht 550k, and Lefebvre...I don't really know but it's minisclue.

And I believe all are two-way contracts. Not that Focht will be going to Wilkes-Barre any time soon.
Where did you hear that? I thought it was a one year deal at 2.2m with a club option for the next year (ie/ post-CBA). To average 3.0m it would have to jump at least 1.6m to 3.8m or more to average over 3.0m.. I dont think that's very likely but then again considering Brian Savage's contract

Old
11-22-2003, 03:00 PM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
not with that contract.

he played really well for phoneix, then became invisible on Pittsburgh.

Closed Thread