HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Standard vs Tapered

Old
09-05-2006, 07:42 PM
sc37

vCash: 450
Standard vs Tapered

Ok, so I'm looking around at some shafts. I am currently using Montreal Nitro and really really like it. I seemed to pick up something on my shot with the Nitro as compared to my wooden ones and cheapo Easton Octane shaft. Is there better performance using a tapered, like my Nitro, or would standard shaft like a higher end Ultra Lite or Z-Bubble, give essentially the same performance? I can't compare since all I've used is a crappy low end Octane. Having a larger choice and cheaper choice of standrd blades is really appealing to me.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2006, 08:09 PM
stick9

vCash: 500
I didn't like the Z-Bubble. It was light but it wasn't all that flexable and I had an 85 flex.

A tapered shaft will perform like a one piece stick. I asked a simular question over at modsquadhockey.com and most people told me to go with a tapered shaft instead of a one piece stick.

I've been using shaft blade combo's for years and once I got my first one piece I didn't want to go back. Regular blades aren't all that cheap anymore either.

IMO if you want to stay with a shaft/blade combo. I'd go with a tapered shaft/blade combo.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 04:30 AM
TBLfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
agreed. But there's nothing wrong with a standard shaft/blade combo.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote