HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharing ideas to stay warm today

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2003, 07:22 AM
Goil

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Goil
Sharing ideas to stay warm today

Hi guys and gals,

It's going to be VERY cold today, especially when you are as high as I'm sitting. Does anyone have any expert ideas on how to stay warm today?

I've been to a few Grey Cups, and the one thing I remember is my feet taking a beating. Bring some cardboard to put under your feet! The cold concrete really does a number on you no matter how warm your shoes are.

Not sure how I'm going to cheer for any goals when I'm under the sleeping bag and 15 layers of clothes!

Take care and most importantly, be safe and have fun today no matter where you are watching the game.

Dean

Old
11-22-2003, 07:40 AM
Oi'll say!

I used to go to all the Eskies games when I was a kid, the coldest game I was at was a -25 western final in Clarke Stadium. You're soooo right about the cardboard and the cold concrete, that stuff just sucks the life right out of the soles of your feet.

One thing I've always found - don't put on more than one pair of socks no matter what anyone tells you. All that happens is you restrict the blood flow and your feet freeze up even faster.

I find that just a new pair of thick normal sweat socks and a pair of snowmobile boots works the best. That way you can wiggle your toes and drop a hot shot in there if you have to.

Also, drink lots of beer. Those of us who can't be at the game have to live vicariously through you lucky s-o-b's.

Enjoy!

Old
11-22-2003, 08:12 AM
Hairball

NO! PLEASE DON'T DRINK LOTS OF BEER.

Seriously. I don't want to have to treat anyone for hypothermia today. Alcohol makes your blood vessles dialate and so your blood near the skin cools down faster. This makes you feel warmer when in fact you are cooling yourself off and more at risk for hypothermia. Having said that, I hope everyone has a great time and no one gets hurt. See you there.

Old
11-22-2003, 08:15 AM
Oilhitch

I just bought a bunch of Foot Warmers. Has anybody ever used them before? How long do they really wotk because they say up to 6 hours. As well how many people are bringing a sleeping bag? Is it really necessarry?

Old
11-22-2003, 09:18 AM
Goil

Send a message via ICQ to Goil
I'm bringing more than one blanket, and yes it will be necessary. I'm not sure about the foot warmers, I have a pair of Sorels so I'm good.

I keep looking at the thermostat...why isn't my will making it warmer?

Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by chit94
I just bought a bunch of Foot Warmers. Has anybody ever used them before? How long do they really wotk because they say up to 6 hours. As well how many people are bringing a sleeping bag? Is it really necessarry?

Old
11-22-2003, 09:26 AM
incawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by chit94
If you're talking about those heat packet things, I used to use em for skiing/snowboarding. They're not bad but they definately won't last a full 6 hours and I'm not convinced they'll have much effect at -30. Might have to toss more than one in your boots. Make sure you have a lot

Closed Thread