HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Seattle Post Intelligence

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-26-2006, 10:20 PM
  #1
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Seattle Post Intelligence

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorec...rticleID=79976


With the score tied, Matt Lashoff, who was Boston's first overall pick in the 2005 draft, got called for a holding penalty in his NHL debut with about 45 seconds left. Markov then sailed a wrister from the left circle between goaltender Cristobal Huet's legs on the power play to win the game.






Chara tied it for Boston on a slap shot from the right slot over the netminder's glove side 18:29 into the third.

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:39 PM
  #2
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,652
vCash: 500
Haha nice

David_99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:39 PM
  #3
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorec...rticleID=79976


With the score tied, Matt Lashoff, who was Boston's first overall pick in the 2005 draft, got called for a holding penalty in his NHL debut with about 45 seconds left. Markov then sailed a wrister from the left circle between goaltender Cristobal Huet's legs on the power play to win the game.
So what? Typoes happen, and it's obviously wishful thinking.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:40 PM
  #4
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,627
vCash: 500
LOL!!!

1 mistake ok but wow..

Chara ties it in the 3rd.
montreal scores the winner on its own goalie and
he apparently put it 5 hole when it was quite clear that it went under his arm

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:42 PM
  #5
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
So what? Typos happen, and it's obviously wishful thinking.


typos happen they sure do . but reporting something that totally didnt happen is another thing .

i wonder where they got there info to report? pretty obvious the journalist who wrote it didnt watch the game .the person they got there info from must of had one to many brew

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:49 PM
  #6
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
typos happen they sure do . but reporting something that totally didnt happen is another thing .

i wonder where they got there info to report? pretty obvious the journalist who wrote it didnt watch the game .the person they got there info from must of had one to many brew
You edited my typoe

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:51 PM
  #7
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
You edited my typoe

wonder if the Seattle Post Intelligence are hiring ?

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:09 PM
  #8
Scotianhab
Registered User
 
Scotianhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,734
vCash: 500
haha great reporting

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:38 PM
  #9
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,993
vCash: 500
Seattle ? Wow

How the hell did you end up reading that ?! Do you read every report from every city in NA

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:45 PM
  #10
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
So what? Typoes happen, and it's obviously wishful thinking.
There is also the fact that the goal wasnt scored between the legs...

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 12:07 AM
  #11
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,515
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
There is also the fact that the goal wasnt scored between the legs...
TSN also said the puck went between Thomas' legs (don't know if they fixed it yet)

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 12:08 AM
  #12
pavlako11
Registered User
 
pavlako11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Greece
Posts: 709
vCash: 500
While we're still bashing the paper, how can a pick be Boston's first overall pick if he was selected 22nd?

Why not just 1st round pick? It's mis-lead me!

pavlako11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 12:20 AM
  #13
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
TSN also said the puck went between Thomas' legs (don't know if they fixed it yet)
That's how the AP (Associated Press) picked it up (though it was clearly over Thomas' right shoulder) so I think it's going to go down in history as a five-hole goal.

Take the points and run, boys.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:03 AM
  #14
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
That's how the AP (Associated Press) picked it up (though it was clearly over Thomas' right shoulder) so I think it's going to go down in history as a five-hole goal.

Take the points and run, boys.

it didnt go over the shoulder.. it went under his arm

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:20 AM
  #15
SerialSeb
Registered User
 
SerialSeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Where hockey lives!
Country: Martinique
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
it didnt go over the shoulder.. it went under his arm
I concure

And a sweet shoot at that.

You can see Thomas felt it because even before the Horn goes off his lifting his head in despair.

SerialSeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.