HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Richards for Captain!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-18-2006, 02:12 PM
  #26
kovalev27hf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 433
vCash: 500
with all due respect to your organization as a rangers fan i find his comments to be completely DISrespectful to your franchise. "typical flyers hockey"?? i mean thats just not accurate or respectful. the flyers are an organization built on being one of the toughest hardworking teams this league has ever seen. we as ranger fans know we're in a dog fight with you guys everytime we match up. for him to say this is completely inappropriate in my opinion and as a BABY in the organization he should know his role play hard and keep his mouth shut.

kovalev27hf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 02:13 PM
  #27
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 115,994
vCash: 625
You want to know the honest truth about who wears the C.



The fact this team doesn't have an actual captain. Forsberg essentially had the C pushed on him and didn't make a fuss because he knew that if anyone should be the captain it's him. I personally think the C is overrated unless you have someone that is definitve in the role (Sakic, Yzerman, Messier, Sundin, Koivu, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev27hf View Post
with all due respect to your organization as a rangers fan i find his comments to be completely DISrespectful to your franchise. "typical flyers hockey"?? i mean thats just not accurate or respectful. the flyers are an organization built on being one of the toughest hardworking teams this league has ever seen. we as ranger fans know we're in a dog fight with you guys everytime we match up. for him to say this is completely inappropriate in my opinion and as a BABY in the organization he should know his role play hard and keep his mouth shut.
No one has a problem with it because Richards isn't one of the guys out there who is dogging it.

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 02:21 PM
  #28
CharlieGirl
Summer
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev27hf View Post
with all due respect to your organization as a rangers fan i find his comments to be completely DISrespectful to your franchise. "typical flyers hockey"?? i mean thats just not accurate or respectful.
the flyers are an organization built on being one of the toughest hardworking teams this league has ever seen. we as ranger fans know we're in a dog fight with you guys everytime we match up. for him to say this is completely inappropriate in my opinion and as a BABY in the organization he should know his role play hard and keep his mouth shut.
The Flyers used to be a tough, hardworking, balls to the wall kind of team. But we haven't seen much of that lately. Yes, there are glimpses of the proud tradition, but they're few and far between. I hope we get a chance to see more of it.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 02:41 PM
  #29
facts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 885
vCash: 500
nicely put. The last time there were meaningful changes were when we brought in Brashear. "the best predictor of the future is the past".

facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 03:02 PM
  #30
flyersfan97
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by facts View Post
he is a good player and his comments were accurate but they should not have come out of his mouth. Who is it that he can call out right now, only the young guys like himself ie Carter and RJ whom for that fact played better than Richards did last night, he is a hard worker but that is easier than being a goal scorer, night in and night out. Maybe those young guys are starting to listen to everyone tell them how good they are, God Esche has more points than some of them .
Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold up here. Number one, Hitch put Richards on his 'leadership group.' Therefore, it is not only expected that he will call his team out, but essentially, it is required of him. As for who he is 'calling out' I don't think he did exclude himself. If you can find a quote where he says, 'I was great, the rest of them stunk,' by all means show it to us. Who should he call out? How about #12 and his $5.25 million that he practically sat out for. How many points does he have compared to Gomez and Briere, the two that some were comparing him to this past summer? 'Cause from what I saw last night, Gagne ain't worthy of sharpening Briere's skates.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 03:06 PM
  #31
Broad st phantom
Registered User
 
Broad st phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
You want to know the honest truth about who wears the C.



The fact this team doesn't have an actual captain. Forsberg essentially had the C pushed on him and didn't make a fuss because he knew that if anyone should be the captain it's him. I personally think the C is overrated unless you have someone that is definitve in the role (Sakic, Yzerman, Messier, Sundin, Koivu, etc.)



No one has a problem with it because Richards isn't one of the guys out there who is dogging it.

I honestly think the "C" should mean something and Primeau had that something, but like GKJ stated above me the C as of right now is nothing

Broad st phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 03:09 PM
  #32
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 26,304
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXFlyers View Post
Do you really think he wanted in the first place??? I dont and he is not acting like a captain right now. Leaders want the puck, they want the shootout (but I have a bad stick, wah) The future of this team is guys named Carter Richards, Umberger, Pitkanen, and Gagne. Forsberg is a short-term solution to getting a Cup this team failed last year and he may not want to re-sign with us at the end of the year if things dont get better.
I forgot that you sit in the locker room with the team and on the bench during games to critique Forsberg's leadership or lack thereof.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 03:23 PM
  #33
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev27hf View Post
with all due respect to your organization as a rangers fan i find his comments to be completely DISrespectful to your franchise. "typical flyers hockey"?? i mean thats just not accurate or respectful. the flyers are an organization built on being one of the toughest hardworking teams this league has ever seen. we as ranger fans know we're in a dog fight with you guys everytime we match up. for him to say this is completely inappropriate in my opinion and as a BABY in the organization he should know his role play hard and keep his mouth shut.
Richards is in the leadership group of this team, it's his job to be a leader, regardless of whether there's an A or C on his chest. This is exactly what his "role" should be and what others should be saying as well.

When he says "typical Flyers hockey", he's referring to Flyers hockey in the time that he's been with the organization. And he's right.

EDIT: Right from Clarke's mouth referring to Richards: "I think when a player says that there is truth to it, players recognize it [when a team folds] before anybody. In the sense, we were lucky our goaltending [Robert Esche] was pretty good, it could have been much worse [than 9-1]."

Certainly doesn't seem like Clarke feels the organization was disrespected by his words.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 05:53 PM
  #34
markzab
Registered User
 
markzab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA.
Country: United States
Posts: 4,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97 View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold up here. Number one, Hitch put Richards on his 'leadership group.' Therefore, it is not only expected that he will call his team out, but essentially, it is required of him. As for who he is 'calling out' I don't think he did exclude himself. If you can find a quote where he says, 'I was great, the rest of them stunk,' by all means show it to us. Who should he call out? How about #12 and his $5.25 million that he practically sat out for. How many points does he have compared to Gomez and Briere, the two that some were comparing him to this past summer? 'Cause from what I saw last night, Gagne ain't worthy of sharpening Briere's skates.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 08:48 PM
  #35
PEli*
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: abroad
Posts: 8,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev27hf View Post
with all due respect to your organization as a rangers fan i find his comments to be completely DISrespectful to your franchise. "typical flyers hockey"?? i mean thats just not accurate or respectful. the flyers are an organization built on being one of the toughest hardworking teams this league has ever seen. we as ranger fans know we're in a dog fight with you guys everytime we match up. for him to say this is completely inappropriate in my opinion and as a BABY in the organization he should know his role play hard and keep his mouth shut.
Obviously the kid does know his role. His role is to play hard and speak up when he feels the need. Richards was a leader in junior and is still a leader. It's up to the leaders on the team to keep players honest and accountable. Toughest and hardworking. Not last night, chief. Not at all yet this season. Richards was damn right to speak up.

Everything he said was true and if his teammates don't like it, they can pack it in or learn how to play a decent game of hockey. As a Devils fan, I'm not too happy about Richards being on a division rival because he'll always be there to make sure his team is working hard.

PEli* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 09:33 PM
  #36
penguinonapole
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97 View Post
How about #12 and his $5.25 million that he practically sat out for. How many points does he have compared to Gomez and Briere, the two that some were comparing him to this past summer? 'Cause from what I saw last night, Gagne ain't worthy of sharpening Briere's skates.
I agree. Gagne is playing inconsistent. It's scary how he becomes invisible at times. Gagne hasnt showed half the energy or heart that both briere and Gomez has shown this year.

penguinonapole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 10:13 PM
  #37
CharlieGirl
Summer
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEli View Post
Obviously the kid does know his role. His role is to play hard and speak up when he feels the need. Richards was a leader in junior and is still a leader. It's up to the leaders on the team to keep players honest and accountable. Toughest and hardworking. Not last night, chief. Not at all yet this season. Richards was damn right to speak up.

Everything he said was true and if his teammates don't like it, they can pack it in or learn how to play a decent game of hockey. As a Devils fan, I'm not too happy about Richards being on a division rival because he'll always be there to make sure his team is working hard.
Nicely said. Richards is part of the leadership group for a reason. Last night he showed why.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 10:16 PM
  #38
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev27hf View Post
with all due respect to your organization as a rangers fan i find his comments to be completely DISrespectful to your franchise. "typical flyers hockey"?? i mean thats just not accurate or respectful. the flyers are an organization built on being one of the toughest hardworking teams this league has ever seen. we as ranger fans know we're in a dog fight with you guys everytime we match up. for him to say this is completely inappropriate in my opinion and as a BABY in the organization he should know his role play hard and keep his mouth shut.
Well, I guess Clarke begged to differ with your opinion because he agreed with what Mike said. I don't think too many people are disagreeing with Mike's assessment of the team at all at this point. And let's remember that he didn't just shoot on his teammates, he also shot on the coaching staff as well. As for a BABY within the organization, you ask your leaders to lead. Even if it's a second year player who's only 21 years old, but has extensive experience in terms of world tournaments, in terms of winning championships at every level of hockey he's ever played at, well, he can speak open and freely. The one thing about young players that you can always count on is honesty. You'll never get that sort of real honesty out of a veteran player and maybe that's part of the problem in Philadelphia.

Everyone talks about this Hitchcock leadership team, but more than anything, this group is really nothing more than a group of players that are there to continue to send his message down to the masses. The fact that someone broke ranks, told it like it is and didn't hold back shouldn't be condemned. If any one of the veteran "leaders" told it the way Mike told it, we wouldn't be in this situation we're in right now. Richards saw an opportunity to grab something by the throat and tell it like it is. This is exactly the type of leader this organization needs.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 10:19 PM
  #39
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Well, I guess Clarke begged to differ with your opinion because he agreed with what Mike said. I don't think too many people are disagreeing with Mike's assessment of the team at all at this point. And let's remember that he didn't just shoot on his teammates, he also shot on the coaching staff as well. As for a BABY within the organization, you ask your leaders to lead. Even if it's a second year player who's only 21 years old, but has extensive experience in terms of world tournaments, in terms of winning championships at every level of hockey he's ever played at, well, he can speak open and freely. The one thing about young players that you can always count on is honesty. You'll never get that sort of real honesty out of a veteran player and maybe that's part of the problem in Philadelphia.

Everyone talks about this Hitchcock leadership team, but more than anything, this group is really nothing more than a group of players that are there to continue to send his message down to the masses. The fact that someone broke ranks, told it like it is and didn't hold back shouldn't be condemned. If any one of the veteran "leaders" told it the way Mike told it, we wouldn't be in this situation we're in right now. Richards saw an opportunity to grab something by the throat and tell it like it is. This is exactly the type of leader this organization needs.
It's funny, because you and I both know Hitch will punish him for this. He'll be on the fourth line with Boyd Kane getting 7 minutes a night again. But now that Nedved's gone, we'll get some excuse like "he's the checking line centre".

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 10:21 PM
  #40
CharlieGirl
Summer
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
It's funny, because you and I both know Hitch will punish him for this. He'll be on the fourth line with Boyd Kane getting 7 minutes a night again. But now that Nedved's gone, we'll get some excuse like "he's the checking line centre".
*sigh* I'm afraid that you're right, but I'm really hoping you're wrong. If Richards starts getting 7 minutes a night, Hitch is a bigger jackass than he looked last night.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 10:21 PM
  #41
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
It's funny, because you and I both know Hitch will punish him for this. He'll be on the fourth line with Boyd Kane getting 7 minutes a night again. But now that Nedved's gone, we'll get some excuse like "he's the checking line centre".
And for those seven minutes that Richards will get, he'll show up Hitchcock and the rest of the coaching staff. He'll just make Clarke and Snider's decision that much easier to turf Hitch.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 05:00 AM
  #42
flyersfan97
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
It's funny, because you and I both know Hitch will punish him for this. He'll be on the fourth line with Boyd Kane getting 7 minutes a night again. But now that Nedved's gone, we'll get some excuse like "he's the checking line centre".
Absolutely. But as BCF said, he'll still be the best player on the ice.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.