HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Esche Vs. Hitchcock.

Old
10-18-2006, 01:14 PM
25 A L I V E

vCash: 500
Esche Vs. Hitchcock.

Was Esche thrown under the bus last night?

Is it really feasable that Hitchcock left him in to embarass and humiliate Robert??

How bad is the tension between these two and is this all about Esche not being numero uno?

25 A L I V E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 01:15 PM
MojoJojo

Hard to believe, but it wasnt Esche that was the problem. It was pretty much everyone else on the team.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Makel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25 A L I V E View Post
Was Esche thrown under the bus last night?

Is it really feasable that Hitchcock left him in to embarass and humiliate Robert??

How bad is the tension between these two and is this all about Esche not being numero uno?

Being that Esche is not only older, but worse than Nitty and a lot of other starters in this league, I really have no idea what the Flyers are going to do.

Esche is delusional. While Hitcock showed absolutely no class last night in what he did with Robby boy, Esche is just simply average. Perhaps even below average, he just is not that good.

Makel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 01:18 PM
25 A L I V E

Thanks for the opinions guys, much appreciated.

25 A L I V E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Broad st phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makel View Post
Being that Esche is not only older, but worse than Nitty and a lot of other starters in this league, I really have no idea what the Flyers are going to do.

Esche is delusional. While Hitcock showed absolutely no class last night in what he did with Robby boy, Esche is just simply average. Perhaps even below average, he just is not that good.
no class for what he did? so just throw nitty into the game for no reason??
last nights problem for the last f-ckin time was not esche's fault. The rest of the team did horrible. You put any other goalie in the nhl in esche's position from last night and the results would be similar.

Broad st phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

vCash: 897
ESCHE comments were actually said in a joking fashion, now they are being distorted.

Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Makel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad st phantom View Post
no class for what he did? so just throw nitty into the game for no reason??
last nights problem for the last f-ckin time was not esche's fault. The rest of the team did horrible. You put any other goalie in the nhl in esche's position from last night and the results would be similar.
Okay, Nitty was dressed for the game, was he not? You sit there and you act as if you know Nitty is still hurting. He would have been fine to finish out the game. I'm not saying from what I saw Esche was the reason you lost, but he sucks. He lost all confidence after the 5th goal and instead your coach keeps him out there to rot. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

But, be happy. At least you didn't sign him for 15 god damn years.

Makel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 01:25 PM
facts

totally agree, Esche was alright (although every shot ..even in the first period I tend to look behind him not in front of him. He is S^!**% but he was not the reason for last night. This is just the head game power struggle. I don't thingk Esche is the most loved guy on the team but when a guy looks to the bench, you support him and take him out. The team needs to be one not this continuous side show .

facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 02:20 PM
jhc003

thank you. it was not esche last night, he was totally on his own last night. as one writer said esche was on an island by himself last night. and even brian engbloom said this was not a case of the goalie having a bad night. the team sucked last night, flat out sucked. no effort and i would say not only did the team fail last night but the coaches have failed. the team should be apologizing to esche. not sure if anything would have come of putting nitty in the game but i think after goal 5 i would have pulled esche just for mercy. it looked like the whole team was pulled after the 1st period.

jhc003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 02:32 PM
Puckboy

"I don't try getting in his head, that's for sure...It's an empty place."

Flyers goalie Robert Esche when asked, prior to Tuesday's 9-1 loss, why coach Ken Hitchcock decided to give him the start against the Sabres. Upon hearing his goalie's comments, Hitchcock responded simply by saying, "*** for tat."

This is from THN.com

Puckboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 02:35 PM
DutchShamrock

No way was it Esche's fault last night. The only thing you get by changing the goalie in cases like that game is sparking the team or waking them up. I don't think a gernade going off at center ice would have woken up the Flyers last night. My guess is Hitch knew they were going to lose no matter what. Maybe a blow out is what they needed, a real embarassment. It seemed to wake up the Rangers after their Buffalo debacle. A loss is a loss, whether it be by 1 or 8 goals. In the end however, Robert Esche is somewhere around #48 on the list of things to discuss about last night.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 02:37 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Esche got what he deserved.

Hitchcock got what he deserved.

But most of all, from a neutral perspective... BOBBY CLARKE is getting what HE TRULY DESERVES. Dissention, Tyranny, Mutation, and a crappy hockey team.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 02:38 PM
facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
No way was it Esche's fault last night. The only thing you get by changing the goalie in cases like that game is sparking the team or waking them up. I don't think a gernade going off at center ice would have woken up the Flyers last night. My guess is Hitch knew they were going to lose no matter what. Maybe a blow out is what they needed, a real embarassment. It seemed to wake up the Rangers after their Buffalo debacle. A loss is a loss, whether it be by 1 or 8 goals. In the end however, Robert Esche is somewhere around #48 on the list of things to discuss about last night.
too many likeness statements =plagarisim

facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 02:38 PM
TheePlaymaker12

Send a message via AIM to TheePlaymaker12
why does everyone hate esche so much? i know its not 03 or 04, whenever that was, anymore but who kept them in almost every game when they almost made it to the cup? esche! he stood on his head a lot of those games. it also had to do alot with primeau and the whole team kicking *** but i just dont see why esche is hated so much. personally id rather have him in net than nitty. i know nittys a good goalie but when esche is on his game hes really darn good.

TheePlaymaker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 02:43 PM
taunting canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
Esche got what he deserved.

Hitchcock got what he deserved.

But most of all, from a neutral perspective... BOBBY CLARKE is getting what HE TRULY DESERVES. Dissention, Tyranny, Mutation, and a crappy hockey team.
Mutation?! Who's mutating, and into what?

taunting canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 03:08 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by taunting canadian View Post
You didn't hear? Esche is mutating into Brodeur, Hatcher is mutating into Neidermayer, Jones is mutating into Lidstrom....the list goes on and on...stick around it should be fun to watch.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by taunting canadian View Post
I think this board is mutating into a free-wheeling lets everyone bash the Flyers because they're falling apart kind of board. I'm ****ing sick of it.

As if we don't have enough problems around here, we have random strangers and fans of other teams showing up and taking their shots. They all need to **** off.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 05:22 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by facts View Post
too many likeness statements =plagarisim
plagarising who?

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Street Hawk

Save your #1 man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makel View Post

I think that Hitch did the right thing in not sending Nitty into the blowout. The game was lost anyways, so there was no need to send your #1 guy in, who has a bad hip into a game that he's not warmed up for.

I think that unless you have a goaltending tandem that is equal, like San Jose, Anaheim, Montreal, that you don't pull the backup in favour of the #1 guy, unless it's really early in the game, and your team stands a chance to get back into it.

But, once you're 5 goals down, forget about it.

I'm a Canuck fan, and I don't think the Canucks would send Luongo into a game that they are being blitzed in. Just no point, ditto for the Devils and Brodeur.

Street Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 10:42 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
I think this board is mutating into a free-wheeling lets everyone bash the Flyers because they're falling apart kind of board. I'm ****ing sick of it.

As if we don't have enough problems around here, we have random strangers and fans of other teams showing up and taking their shots. They all need to **** off.
It would explain why quality posters like Brad and Stanley have become more lurker than poster.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote