HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Avs-Flyers Trade *Proposal*

Old
10-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Osstrayan
#murderskate

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Osstrayan Send a message via MSN to Osstrayan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
i presume he would be the "throw-in" for such a deal, right? love the passion for the home squad, but richardsons top end presently looks like an undersized 3rd liner/occasional 2nd liner emergency fill-in who chips in on offense from time to time. he may develop into a top notch pk'er in time, but until his offense develops he would be merely the throw-in in the deal your looking for.

its an awful deal for the flyers. they need young quick d. they would want liles or leopold.
exactly, im not saying trade richie for LeCavalier or anything stupid like that, but if he was to be dealt, it would be in a package for a player that gets us over the hump now. Of course, the avs are not looking to get over the hump, so I don't want to deal him. I'm very high on him as a solid, all-around forward and his value to us may be underestimated by avs fans I think

Osstrayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 01:52 PM
PapaBear*

Hejduk is one helluva player. Sure he may not be a 50G scorer with Forsberg, but he is very solid 2 way player. I think his def. game is under rated. Also very good skater and comes through when it counts most.

PapaBear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 02:09 PM
wazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic View Post
Avs Get:
Richards (942,400k)
Calder (2.95)
Nedved (2.36)
1st Round Pick(2007)
Conditional 2nd Round Pick 2008(If Flyers Make Eastern Conference Finals)
=Roughly 6.25 Cap Space

Flyers Get:
Hejduk (3.9)
Richardson (500k)
Brisebois (2.25)
Conditional 4th Round Pick 2008(If Flyers Make Eastern Conference Finals)
= Roughly 6.65

Avs get a few young and talented players to help jump start the re-building process already underway in Denver. Picks never hurt.

Flyers pick up an instant threat for top line of all time in Gagne-Forsberg-Hejduk plus pick up a PP quarterback and good 5th/6th D man in Brisebois and a good 3rd/4th line center in Richardson.
Perhaps the original deal is slanted to the Avs...but there is no reason for the Avs to trade Hejduk at this time unless they get a very favorable deal. The Avs do not need to rush into a deal. If they want to trade for youth, it makes way more sense for them to wait until the deadline. It is the Flyers, not the Avs who are desperate. So it is the Flyers who would need to overpay.

Lets cut the fluff and toss Nedved and Brisebois out of the deal. No one wants either one of them and their salaries are about equal, so they are just clutter in this trade.

Next, lets cut out the conditional 2nd and 4th.

That leaves...Richards, Calder, and a 1st for Hejduk and Richardson.

How fair is that? Guess that depends on what you think of Richards....and how much the Flyers want to reunite Forsberg and Hejduk.

For the records, I see Richards as a step up from Richardson...but not a giant step up. Richardson is a favorite of Quenneville, and is already being used as a defensive forward in critical situations...Like the PK at the end of the Sens game last night...and he played in all of the Avs playoff games last spring. Both Richards and Richardson can have nice careers in the NHL. Neither will be All-Stars.

wazee is offline   Reply With Quote