HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MArk Brown

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2003, 07:45 AM
zuke354

vCash:
MArk Brown

What is up with Mark Brown? Is he ligit? I have read the reviews on him, but he has always put up some points. Will he ever make it in the NHL? If the Blues continue to struggle scoring goals will he get a shot? I remember reading that Bogey would never make it in the NHL, and he already has a 20 goal season. I know injureis have been an issue.

Old
11-24-2003, 04:41 PM

vCash: 500
Mark Brown can be legit if he wants to be.

When Brown does the things he's done in the past to make him successful, he's successful...things like going to the net, digging in the corners, and playing hard all shift.

Unfortunately he doesn't always do those things, and he ends up with seasons like last season where he'd go anywhere but to the net and didn't dig at all. There is an "award" voted on by fans that goes to the player with the most talent that shows the least of it. Brown "won" last year.

The one thing he has going for him is his defense. Even playing terribly last season his defensive skills are some of the best I've ever seen on a forward. He'd the second best PK forward on the team (Panzer is #1) and played defense on the PK once last season when we lost a couple d-men and he didn't miss a beat.

Brown has talent, but the key is 'does he really want to play?'.

Old
11-24-2003, 07:30 PM
zuke354

vCash:
thanks for the update. Could be an interesting call up late in the year. Maybe he an Bogey can work some of chemistry they used to have.

Old
11-24-2003, 09:05 PM
Hecht

hey 210

have to talked with Rory lately???

Old
11-25-2003, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecht
hey 210

have to talked with Rory lately???
The discussions with that person happened on a different board and I'd prefer to leave it on that board.

Closed Thread