HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers firesale thread. What can we get?

Old
10-19-2006, 10:14 PM
Nuclear

vCash: 500
Flyers firesale thread. What can we get?

What can we get for some of our prized players? No one on this team is unbuyable anymore, everyone can go for the right price.

If the Flyers had a firesale tomorrow, what type of trades would you hope you?

Nuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Nothing. We take our lumps, and hope for a good second half of the season. I know it's ******, but by signing Forsberg Clarke promised one of the hardest working players in history a chance to win his third cup, and a Conn Smythe (let's face it, no one on this roster is going to challenge). It wouldn't be fair to Foppa to just give up this early, and it would tarnish the two cups the Flyers won all those years ago.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

At this point, Markov and Ryder for Gagne is looking pretty sweet.

I wouldn't trade Richards or Carter for anyone a day older than they are. But highly touted prospects or top picks are acceptable.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Kaktus*

If Peter is out for a long time.

I would keep all young kids. Carter, Richards, Umberger, Pitkanen, Nitty, Ruzicka, Picard, Eager, Jonsson

Vets: Gagne, Sanderson, Rathje and give a loooong look to Calder with Meyer and Jones.

Trade: Knuble, Kapanen, Esche and if someone gives a lot for Forsberg and he waives his NTC I would trade Peter too. I think we can get a few 1st round picks and a decent prospect.

Waive Hatcher at this point a soon as Jonsson comes back.

The lower we finish the happier we will be at the draft date. I hope it's 1st over all.
LETS REBUILD!!!

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:49 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 526
Something is just out of wack right now with the Flyers

I think the Flyers made some poor choices on D with the twin towers of Rathje and Hatcher--from the games I have seen last year--they are not mobile enough for the new nhl

I have never been a fan of Clader's but that has more to do with the bad mojo of former hawks

I think the trio of Umberger, Carter and Richards are all feeling the sophnmore jinx

So going on a fire sale right now may not be the best thing to go on

my money is Hitch getting the ditch

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 11:13 PM
BringBackStevens

gagne sucks

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 11:16 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
gagne sucks

Everything's making me laugh lately.

Old
10-19-2006, 11:17 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post

Everything's making me laugh lately.
yeah once you get over the initial shock it's not so bad

Old
10-19-2006, 11:44 PM
FlyersFanJS

come on guys...don't completely give up yet. the team sucks, granted. but honestly, we have no idea whether its the players or the coaching. i would much rather gamble that it's the coach than have a firesale

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS View Post
come on guys...don't completely give up yet. the team sucks, granted. but honestly, we have no idea whether its the players or the coaching. i would much rather gamble that it's the coach than have a firesale
I'd like to see this team (minus a couple defensemen) under a new philosophy before we start dumping players and contracts too.

Old
10-20-2006, 06:48 AM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
If things doesn't turn around, i think the first thing we'll see is a new offensive minded coach, just looking at the lineup we can all see that offense is the strength.

If the Flyers are way out of the playoff picture at the trade deadline we'll see the players on the last year of their contracts being dealt, Knuble, Calder, Kapanen, Esche maybe Forsberg if he doesn't extend (and waive his NTC).

Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 07:50 AM
jb**

what they need to do is decide who will be part of this team in the future and what type of team they want.

Meyer and Jones- need to go. they are not everyday nhl players. get a 5th rd pick and be happy.
Hatcher- unless they waive him he isn;t going anywhere. he has played ok and maybe some team will pick him up at the deadline. We may have to take a contract back to offset his but the D needs a new look.
Rathje- unmoveable.
Gauthier- has improved and as a 3rd pairing I am ok with him.
Jonnson- people need to get a grip. anyone expecting him to come in and be a savior is nuts. he will have good days and bad. there is an upside to him though
They need to waive Hatcher or Rathje to give this team a new look. Suck up the salary loss as it will be better in the long run.
The D is going to be a problem all year unless drastic changes are amde.
Call up Timonen and let him take his lumps. Jones is what he is. Timonen has some upside.
Pitkannen-Picard Gauthier-Timonen Rathje/Hatcher-Jonnson.
Forwards:
Forsberg-it will be up to him if he wants to move. resigning him at the same money is fine. if he is moved he will command a lot as he is a ufa at years end.
Knuble- trade him now. making peanuts and can get a decent return.
Calder- while he has struggled i would resign for a fair amount. if not trade him as well.
Robataille-no point in scratching him. let him play and maybe another team will give you low rd pick. dime a dozen player.
Kappanen- will be his call as well. Clarke is loyal and wouldn't trade him without his consent. would only get a ow rd pick anyway.
Sanderson- has played very well. not making a lot of money. I keep him.
Gagne-if the right offer comes no problem moving him.
Richards, Carter wont be moved IMO.
Umberger- you have to give to get. For a young solid D man I would move him. I think he should be at center anyway.

This team lacks fire, motivation and a sense of urgency. Calling up Ben Eager will help in that area. I call up Steve Downey. This team lacks heart. Unless they really think he will be overmatched no need not to. People who have seen him play this year, what is your opinion? Can he handle it?

Esche- has no trade value right now. even if packaged not sure if he adds anything.
Nitty- I am not sure with him. I have said for a while I would trade both of them and get a proven #1. They are out there to be had. We know the names and they are better than what we have. I think Nitty will always leave you wanting more.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 09:25 AM
BringBackStevens

steve downie isnt ready, and im a huge fan

and im pretty sure he cant come up anyway until his season in juniors is over

Old
10-20-2006, 09:36 AM
bennysflyers16

Firesale after 7 games

Didn't the Flames go like 2-9 to start last year,
Win tonight, take 5 days to get our act together.

bennysflyers16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 09:53 AM
orangeandblack

Quote:
gagne sucks
he doesnt suck, but there are alot of things i dont like about his game.

i dont see him ever being a first power play unit stud. he doesnt really have much poise with the puck, his hands are average, and i question his hockey sense in the offensive zone. he really needs an elite playmaker to score goals, he really doesnt create many of his own scoring chances.

on the flip side, he has elite speed, and is a very solid definsive player. he can bury goals with a playmaker, and has a pretty good shot.

im not really a big gagne fan, and never have been. i would like to see them trade him, bc he has alot of value, and i think you can get a more offensively gifted player in return.

orangeandblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 10:08 AM
Broad st phantom

Quote:
I'd like to see this team (minus a couple defensemen) under a new philosophy before we start dumping players and contracts too.

exactly, but i really hate this *** team

Broad st phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 10:09 AM
TOML

Ditching Hatcher and Rathje would be a great start.

But that's also impossible.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
what they need to do is decide who will be part of this team in the future and what type of team they want.

Meyer and Jones- need to go. they are not everyday nhl players. get a 5th rd pick and be happy.Hatcher- unless they waive him he isn;t going anywhere. he has played ok and maybe some team will pick him up at the deadline. We may have to take a contract back to offset his but the D needs a new look.
Rathje- unmoveable.
Gauthier- has improved and as a 3rd pairing I am ok with him.
Jonnson- people need to get a grip. anyone expecting him to come in and be a savior is nuts. he will have good days and bad. there is an upside to him though
They need to waive Hatcher or Rathje to give this team a new look. Suck up the salary loss as it will be better in the long run.
The D is going to be a problem all year unless drastic changes are amde.
Call up Timonen and let him take his lumps. Jones is what he is. Timonen has some upside.
Pitkannen-Picard Gauthier-Timonen Rathje/Hatcher-Jonnson.
Forwards:
Forsberg-it will be up to him if he wants to move. resigning him at the same money is fine. if he is moved he will command a lot as he is a ufa at years end.
Knuble- trade him now. making peanuts and can get a decent return.
Calder- while he has struggled i would resign for a fair amount. if not trade him as well.
Robataille-no point in scratching him. let him play and maybe another team will give you low rd pick. dime a dozen player.
Kappanen- will be his call as well. Clarke is loyal and wouldn't trade him without his consent. would only get a ow rd pick anyway.
Sanderson- has played very well. not making a lot of money. I keep him.
Gagne-if the right offer comes no problem moving him.
Richards, Carter wont be moved IMO.
Umberger- you have to give to get. For a young solid D man I would move him. I think he should be at center anyway.

This team lacks fire, motivation and a sense of urgency. Calling up Ben Eager will help in that area. I call up Steve Downey. This team lacks heart. Unless they really think he will be overmatched no need not to. People who have seen him play this year, what is your opinion? Can he handle it?

Esche- has no trade value right now. even if packaged not sure if he adds anything.
Nitty- I am not sure with him. I have said for a while I would trade both of them and get a proven #1. They are out there to be had. We know the names and they are better than what we have. I think Nitty will always leave you wanting more.
I'll take Myere over Gautier any day of the week...as much as people don't appreciate Myere...I think he is our 2nd best defensemen right now...at least he has some speed and skill.

Coburnfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 03:24 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan View Post
I'll take Myere over Gautier any day of the week...as much as people don't appreciate Myere...I think he is our 2nd best defensemen right now...at least he has some speed and skill.
gauthier has completely outplayed meyer this season

not that its a good thing, but its true

Old
10-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
steve downie isnt ready, and im a huge fan

and im pretty sure he cant come up anyway until his season in juniors is over
Correct on both accounts.

Old
10-20-2006, 03:39 PM
jb**

Quote:
Correct on both accounts.
he is signed, so why couldn't they call him to play? what about in case of injury?
A shame Potulny got hurt as this would have been a good spot for him as well.

Old
10-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
he is signed, so why couldn't they call him to play? what about in case of injury?
Because them's the rules.

Once you return a player to junior, he can't be called back to the NHL until his junior team's season is over.

Besides, no one wants to waste a year of his contract plus a year of free agency eligibility on a 19 year old that isn't ready.

Do you want Downie becoming an unresitricted free agent at 26? I sure don't.

Old
10-20-2006, 03:47 PM
jb**

I am not to worried about what will happen in 7 years. if he is ready then play him. I dont know if he is as I dont see any of his junior games. the opinion is he isn't ready. besides their could be a new cba by that time anyway.

Old
10-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
There's an agreement between the CHL and NHL regarding how signed players can be called up. It can only be done in case of emergency - IE, catastrophic injuries, which almost *never* happens. Montreal had to do it a few years ago with Olivier Michaud, and then they had to send him right back down.

Burke's Evil Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
I am not to worried about what will happen in 7 years. if he is ready then play him. I dont know if he is as I dont see any of his junior games. the opinion is he isn't ready. besides their could be a new cba by that time anyway.
Well regardless of your thoughts on his free agency, he just can't be called up.