HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Flyers at Panthers 7:30 CSN, WIP

Old
10-21-2006, 01:36 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

vCash: 500
Hmm, just seeing the highlights from the game and I'm kind of pissed. The second Panthers goal was offside.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 01:49 AM
Killiecrankie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodu View Post
What big forwards?
ur right, im used to philly having a big bruising team but you have 5 forwards under 6ft while the pens only have 3....thats crazyness. But you have like 2 or 3 511 guys and our media guy could have fudged a inch

Killiecrankie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 02:08 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

So, six days after tonight's game eh. I'm going out on a limb, but it won't be a coach firing. It's going to be a full house cleaning that will take place in Philadelphia. Clarke gets dusted as the GM, Holmgren is gone as the assistant GM, the coaching staff gets dumped, and the surprises will be who is in at GM and coach. I think we see someone like Jim Nill in Detroit or David Conte in New Jersey come in as the new GM, either one of Inge Hammerstrom or Simon Nolet becomes the new assistant GM, Dave Brown will be out as Player Personnel Director and the coaching bench staff will consist of Poulin, Primeau and a Sutter. The goaltending coach ends up being Sean Burke. We also see the scouting staff get a new face to replace Hammerstrom or Nolet.

I also think we're going to see more players waived. In particular, I think we've seen the end of Hatcher, Cote and Kane never set foot in the city of Brotherly Love again and we see a new leadership group come into play consisting of just Richards, Knuble and Pitkanen. We see the splitting of the top line and we end up seeing a solid veteran presence on every line. For instance, I see a possible top line of Sanderson-Forsberg-Ruzicka, Umberger-Carter-Knuble, Gagne-Richards-Calder, Eager-Robitaille-Kapanen.

I see a defense consisting of Pitkanen-Picard, Jonsson-Gauthier, Meyer-Rathje and to everyone's surprise, Robert Esche is not moved.

Like I said, all predictions. However, I've just got this sense that the housecleaning is going to be drastic and it's going to be swift.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 02:14 AM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
and to everyone's surprise, Robert Esche is not moved.
That's where I stopped reading your non-sensE.

Last edited by Complaining Customer: 10-21-2006 at 04:19 AM.
Complaining Customer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 02:24 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complaining Customer View Post
That's where I stopped reading your non-sens.
lol....you mean sense. Sens is a Philly-looking like team in Ottawa...lol

Old
10-21-2006, 04:18 AM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
lol....you mean sense. Sens is a Philly-looking like team in Ottawa...lol
Sens is also sense in french.

Complaining Customer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 07:19 AM
Jester

Quote:
So, six days after tonight's game eh. I'm going out on a limb, but it won't be a coach firing. It's going to be a full house cleaning that will take place in Philadelphia. Clarke gets dusted as the GM, Holmgren is gone as the assistant GM, the coaching staff gets dumped, and the surprises will be who is in at GM and coach. I think we see someone like Jim Nill in Detroit or David Conte in New Jersey come in as the new GM, either one of Inge Hammerstrom or Simon Nolet becomes the new assistant GM, Dave Brown will be out as Player Personnel Director and the coaching bench staff will consist of Poulin, Primeau and a Sutter. The goaltending coach ends up being Sean Burke. We also see the scouting staff get a new face to replace Hammerstrom or Nolet.

I also think we're going to see more players waived. In particular, I think we've seen the end of Hatcher, Cote and Kane never set foot in the city of Brotherly Love again and we see a new leadership group come into play consisting of just Richards, Knuble and Pitkanen. We see the splitting of the top line and we end up seeing a solid veteran presence on every line. For instance, I see a possible top line of Sanderson-Forsberg-Ruzicka, Umberger-Carter-Knuble, Gagne-Richards-Calder, Eager-Robitaille-Kapanen.

I see a defense consisting of Pitkanen-Picard, Jonsson-Gauthier, Meyer-Rathje and to everyone's surprise, Robert Esche is not moved.

Like I said, all predictions. However, I've just got this sense that the housecleaning is going to be drastic and it's going to be swift.
i don't think Esche IS moveable at this point.

no team is going to release management in season, so forget about them hiring a GM from actively working for another team at the moment.

i don't think Poulin is interested in coaching... he gave up his gig at ND to chill out and be assistant AD, or whatever it is that he's doing. he may be interested in being an NHL coach, but i'm nervous of hiring a coach who stepped back from the rigors of coaching college hockey to relax... i also think it's way too soon for Primeau to be a coach, especially in a situation like that. he needs to be removed from the game a bit... i also doubt whether Primeau is actually interested in doing coaching, he strikes me as someone who wants to be on the management side of life more (like his company Fury, which i'm sure is keeping him busy).

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
It's not a joke and he actually wasn't terrible.

Made a nice pass on the first goal.
But how does someone go from being scratched to 1st line C? If just more proof of how clueless Hitch is.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 10:27 AM
RoDu

Quote:
So, six days after tonight's game eh. I'm going out on a limb, but it won't be a coach firing.
I don't see how they don't fire Hitch. He's lost control of the team back in January

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodu View Post
I don't see how they don't fire Hitch. He's lost control of the team back in January
And yet they gave him a contract extension.

Dr Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:15 AM
BringBackStevens

Quote:

those lines are awesome. i like your ideas, but i have a feeling we are gonna have to live with this mediocrity for longer

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:56 AM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love View Post
And yet they gave him a contract extension.

They signed Baumgartner and waived him six games later

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:

I like the coaches and gm ideas and even some of the player moves but...

I don't see any of that actually happening.

Esche should be released IMO - he flat out stinks

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 03:04 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
i don't think Esche IS moveable at this point.

no team is going to release management in season, so forget about them hiring a GM from actively working for another team at the moment.

i don't think Poulin is interested in coaching... he gave up his gig at ND to chill out and be assistant AD, or whatever it is that he's doing. he may be interested in being an NHL coach, but i'm nervous of hiring a coach who stepped back from the rigors of coaching college hockey to relax... i also think it's way too soon for Primeau to be a coach, especially in a situation like that. he needs to be removed from the game a bit... i also doubt whether Primeau is actually interested in doing coaching, he strikes me as someone who wants to be on the management side of life more (like his company Fury, which i'm sure is keeping him busy).
Well, I just put together a bench staff consisting of three guys. I could easily see a Sutter being the bench boss with Primeau and Poulin as assistants. I could honestly live with something like that because as good as a defensive player Poulin was, he was also a very good offensive hockey player. As well, you'd have Primeau who still has some feel with regards to the pulse of this team. I think he could really be the goto guy between the players and Sutter.

As for management, I could easily see them getting gutted. Now would be the ideal time to do it. I think a fresh set of eyes could go a long way in reshaping the team. I think all of us are in agreement that a complete overhaul of the team isn't needed, but some moves do need to be made.

As for Esche, if Burke were to be brought in as the goaltending coach, we could possibly see a renaissance in terms of him coming back to the level of play he was at in 2003-2004. I've mentioned it in previous posts, but the one common thing about our goaltenders was that we've always replaced goaltender after goaltender, but at what point does the goaltending coach stop getting a free ride? If there's been one constant in this organization besides Bobby Clarke, it's been Rejean Lemelin as the goaltending coach. Maybe a change there will bring better results with our goaltending.

Old
10-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Susanna

Did Peltonen play for the Panthers, or is he still hurt?

Susanna

Last edited by Susanna: 10-23-2006 at 01:50 PM.
Susanna is offline   Reply With Quote