HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michael Ryder scoop?

Old
10-16-2006, 02:33 PM
Green Star

vCash: 500
Michael Ryder scoop?

So how is Knight Ryder doing this season? does he look healty outthere? is he back to his 1st season form? or?

Any comments would be great to hear.

Green Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 02:33 PM
Aarex

hes fast, i don't know how but he lost 8 pounds or something and he is really skating fast its almost freakish.

Aarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 02:35 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
He is back to his rookie form banging and crashing. His skating is vastly improved as well!

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 02:35 PM
Ace2000

Send a message via ICQ to Ace2000
ya i agree, he's DOUBLE his speed from last year. Thats just SICK! if his back holds up, then we might be in for a whole new type of Knight Ryder!

Ace2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Green Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified View Post
hes fast, i don't know how but he lost 8 pounds or something and he is really skating fast its almost freakish.
Really? I heard he is not that good at skating or stickhandling. How is his allround game so far?

Old
10-16-2006, 02:39 PM
kostitsyn1489

He has some kind of hum.. Acceleration? now. Yeah he hits like his first seasonbut a lot faster then last year. He's nice to watch this year. He wont burn a D-man but he wont get burn too and it's a good news.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Green Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2000 View Post
ya i agree, he's DOUBLE his speed from last year. Thats just SICK! if his back holds up, then we might be in for a whole new type of Knight Ryder!
Hey, I have copyright on the "Knight Ryder" thing

Old
10-16-2006, 02:41 PM
Habs13

He's skating better and hitting harder and more often and is getting himself back into great shooting spots and blasting pucks again. Less dangle and more shooting. He's been good so far!

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto Luongo View Post
How is his allround game so far?
He's not the kind of guy that will play on the PK or be out there against other team top line. But you can count on him for giving a good effort on D and a great one in the offensive zone , showing hustle and using his size. He will most likely keep it up on the PP, scoring more of them than anyone else on the team.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 03:05 PM
5 man unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
He has some kind of hum.. Acceleration? now. Yeah he hits like his first seasonbut a lot faster then last year. He's nice to watch this year. He wont burn a D-man but he wont get burn too and it's a good news.
Were you watching the Ottawa game? He seems to be alot faster than last year. I think he can, does, and will continue to burn defensemen this year.

5 man unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Skyblaze

He can also pass the puck when it's a better option, unlike Zednik. Odds are good that he'll get around 35 goals this season.

Funny how he only has one deke (sidesteps in front of the D for a screen and releases) yet is so effective. He's quite a sniper.

Skyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 03:11 PM
HABIMUS-MAXIMUS

Completely different from last year............He's flying out there.....at least a 40% improvement on the + side.............

A-

Alot of everyone else is invisable..........except Koivu & Higgins & Komo.......even Bonk is out performing other players.....

HABIMUS-MAXIMUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 03:14 PM
yukoner

Quote:
So how is Knight Ryder doing this season? does he look healty outthere? is he back to his 1st season form? or?

Any comments would be great to hear.
He looks awesome, super fast especially last night, he's been hitting, 5 hits the other night, and his shot is just as deadly as ever.

He looks great out there, 1 dimensional my ***.

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 03:15 PM
BigTimer*

If you don't get many responses in this thread you can probably attribute it to the fact that tons of morons are eating tons of crow.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Really? I heard he is not that good at skating or stickhandling. How is his allround game so far?
He doesn't need an allround game playing with Koivu and Higgins. Ok, so he will never be a player with sound defensive instincts. Who cares. You adjust for that. He isn't killing us in that respect by any stretch, and he has two very conscientious linemates, so it's a perfect mix. And he's basically playing well physically, like he did in the playoffs last year when he was pretty great, and like he did in his first year.

And have you heard: he's WAAAAY faster this season. That back problem really must have been causing him trouble last year. He's flying.

Never has been anything wrong with his stickhandling either. He's pretty slick with the puck, just doesn't need to do it much because his job is more often the one-timer.

If Koivu is God, then Ryder is Jesus. (Distinct from Newfie Jesus, however).

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 03:52 PM
Bryzga lol*

I think it's a combination of several things

He's healed from his back injury that people talked about

He's in the best shape ever

Higgins improved, making the first line a lot better

..and this one is just a theory, but maybe the dressing room chemestry is a lot better since the departure of Theo, Ribeiro and possibly Jan Bulis (PUT ME ON THE FIRST LINE INSTEAD OF RYDER! I HAD 4 GOALS ONCE!!!!).

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 03:54 PM
Bryzga lol*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
If Koivu is God, then Ryder is Jesus. (Distinct from Newfie Jesus, however).

Traverse can be Joseph Smith

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 04:01 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Right now, he looks like the player of the first season with the goalscoring touch of the 2nd season...

Which mean, relatively physical and fast, more willing to go into traffic and along the boards than last year with his "cant miss" release.

35+ goals this year.

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 04:05 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
If you don't get many responses in this thread you can probably attribute it to the fact that tons of morons are eating tons of crow.
definatly, lots of people don't give respect to ryder when his style should be a crowd pleaser.

ryder is the real deal, he's a very oppertunistic goal scorer he thrives on his great fast release and if he gets set up at the right place with enough time to let his shot go he'll bury it.

and YES he does have enough speed to burn defencmen, and he has gotten stronger with the puck and improving in that area.

he's dangerous and this year he'll prove his value greatly.

#44_delivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Kafka

I wasn't a lover of Ryder last season because I didn't felt he was showing up every game, but playing with Koivu and Higgins might have helped him thus far. I am happy with is game.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Ghost of Saku

He's faster, he's back-checking, he's playing better in the neutral zone and he's still got that wicked shot. What makes all the difference for me is that it now opens up some opportunites for Carbo with regards to his lines. Koivu-Higgins-Ryder had great chemistry because Koivu would playmake/win puck battles while Higgins also won some battles and was able to bury it. Ryder however proved as a one-dimensional scorer and mostly on the PP. Now that he's actually mobile on the ice and fighting for possession, the "chemistry" that he Higgins and Koivu shared can be broken because he can add some grit and fight on the second line if it continues to be unimpressive.

Higgins - Koivu - Samsonov
Ryder - Plecks - Kovalev

Those lines (or a substitution of Kovalev for Sammy on the first line) are what we're probably gonna see sometime soon if things don't change.

Either way, I didn't think much of Ryder last year but he's on my good list this season and i'm damn glad because it hurts me to despise Habs players *cough cough* Ribeiro

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 04:30 PM
A1
Everything is awful

Ryder looked freakishly fast against Ottawa. As for stickhandling, he'll never be a guy to carry the puck up the length of the ice deking everyone out, but he can take the puck from a bad angle to a prime shooting spot with some nice little moves and pure determination.

A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 04:36 PM
HABIMUS-MAXIMUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Well I'm one of those "Morons" your refering to.................and actually I'm pleasantly surprised Ryder made those adjustments where he had his faults last year

Speed & Grit

I don't feel bad about criticizing Ryder during the off season........like many, we think he had good value but needed to add more to his game..........now he seems to have done that.

Now we're happy...........

Now if some of the other players play like their capable, there would be less whining and more winning.

and BTW, eating crow is when you make a ridiculous statement, and end up completely wrong.........Ryder wasn't playing like this when I (others) made the "1 dimentional" statements.........

Go Habs Go!

HABIMUS-MAXIMUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 04:48 PM
znk

Some times I think I see Higgins doing something...and it turns out it's Ryder. Really impressed. Very good suprise.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 04:54 PM
Mike8

Ryder's in a contract year.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote