HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blockbuster Ott/Dal idea:

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2003, 02:44 PM
Reign Nateo

vCash: 500
Blockbuster Ott/Dal idea:

Not a true proposal but I was wondering what you guys thought of a deal, or rather what needs to be added to this deal and does it make sense?

To Dallas
D Chris Phillips
C Radek Bonk

To Ottawa
L Brendan Morrow
C Niko Kapanen
2nd round pick

The way I see it: Phillips = Morrow and Kapanen and a 2nd = Bonk.

But I feel like the deal is incomplete.

Old
11-23-2003, 02:46 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Kapanen and a 2nd is not worth Bonk, but at the same time phillips probably isnt worth morrow.

Sens need a better Center in return if they are going to trade Bonk.

Old
11-23-2003, 02:46 PM
Reign Nateo

I'll admit I thought of this from an Ottawa perspective, they desperatley need a guy like Morrow IMO.

Old
11-23-2003, 02:56 PM
sensfan18

Havlat for Morrow.

Oh the sens fans are going to flame me, they love Marty.

Old
11-23-2003, 03:26 PM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Honestly, as a Dallas fan, I think the ONLY was Morrow goes to the Sens is for Havlat. Id be disappointed in Armstrong if he got anything less.

Old
11-23-2003, 03:40 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Highly doubtful that Mucks would trade Havlat for Morrow. Not nearly as high of a ceiling. However it would fit the Sens needs to get a guy like Morrow.
Here's a thinker. The Sens have been knocked for really lacking a true first line go-to-guy center. There have been talks about Hicks wanting to shake up the franchise if the Stars don't get going. Now I know that Modano isn't AT ALL available and will probably die a Star, but we also thought that with Hatcher. What kind of deal could be worked with Ottawa getting Modano? Here's my try:

to DAL:
Havlat
Rachunek
Bonk

to OTT:
Modano
Matvichuk

IMO I think that Dallas would have to include say a second round pick, but I don't think that that is to bad. It's a big face lift for each team, and the Sens are doing what they would have to do to get Modano... over pay a bit. But I mean they can afford to lose the scoring RWer, and adding in two vets who are battle hardened playoff guys would help the Sens. I dunno. What do you guys think?

Old
11-23-2003, 04:16 PM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Not a bad proposal....just a question; what kind of d-man is Rachunek? Can he move the puck pretty well?

Old
11-23-2003, 04:17 PM
sensfan18

If you don't think Mucks would trade Havlat for Morrow, how can you expect him to trade him in a deal where he gets no youngster back at all. That makes even less sense. If Havlat it dealt, it will be for another young player. High ceiling means squat, the sens need a gritty scorer, Morrow is exactly that, there trade value is pretty much equal.

That deal you mentioned will never happen, it is a leaf deal. While Modano is hands down the best player in the deal, it is still a terrible deal in my opinion.

Just for fictional use, give the 2 teams a major shake-up:

To dallas:
Bonk and Havlat
I'm not a bonk hater either.

To Ottawa:
Arnott and Morrow

Value wise is it fair?

Or maybe we can offer the usual Shastlivy for some player who is way out of his league.

Old
11-23-2003, 04:19 PM
sensfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsfan09
Not a bad proposal....just a question; what kind of d-man is Rachunek? Can he move the puck pretty well?
Yeah, he can move the puck quite well, a good skater.

Old
11-23-2003, 07:29 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsfan09
A more physical, yet less talented version of Sergei Zubov.

Old
11-23-2003, 07:30 PM
Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
I'll admit I thought of this from an Ottawa perspective, they desperatley need a guy like Morrow IMO.
That guy is Mike FIsher, he is just hurt right now.

Old
11-23-2003, 08:43 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Morrow for Havlat and no less. He sure ain't available for Phillips.

However, call me crazy, but I would not trade Morrow for Havlat straight up, I have a hard time giving up Morrow for anyone at this point, he's gonna be an important puzzle of our generation as our new captain, while he's already contributing at both ends and in every attribute.

And Thome, is that Modano in your proposal or am I just not readin well?

Old
11-23-2003, 08:53 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
Not a true proposal but I was wondering what you guys thought of a deal, or rather what needs to be added to this deal and does it make sense?

To Dallas
D Chris Phillips
C Radek Bonk

To Ottawa
L Brendan Morrow
C Niko Kapanen
2nd round pick

The way I see it: Phillips = Morrow and Kapanen and a 2nd = Bonk.

But I feel like the deal is incomplete.
Here are my thoughts on the two teams:

Dallas: Team nearing the end of its run at the top, and by the way things are looking, may want to start dealing off salaries now so the hit isn't gigantic next season.

Ottawa: Team just startings its upswing. Its reasonable salary base has them well set for a while, could actually afford to take on a little bit.

Perhaps a more reasonable proposal:

To Ottawa: Arnott, Barnes
To Dallas: Bonk, 2nd round pick

Ottawa gets some good vets who are clutch goal scorers, Dallas sheds some salary and a long term 2nd line pivot behind Modano. Arnott is set to be a UFA after this season, so Ottawa is virtually only adding Modano's salary for a season, barnes is about the same as Bonk, i do believe.

Old
11-23-2003, 09:06 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoak
Dallas: Team nearing the end of its run at the top, and by the way things are looking, may want to start dealing off salaries now so the hit isn't gigantic next season.
No they won't, at least not this early with everything still wide open. If the Stars are in the same position during the tradedeadline, then yeah, probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoak
Perhaps a more reasonable proposal:

To Ottawa: Arnott, Barnes
To Dallas: Bonk, 2nd round pick
Arnott for Bonk is basicly a waste, but I'd never trade Barnes for a 2nd. Even if we had to rebuild, Barnes is one you keep. He's a great leader and should be a solid turor for the rookies.

Old
11-23-2003, 09:12 PM
Ozy_Flame

Anyone who wears a Dallas jersey has heaven-like potential, don't they M=G? It doesn't matter who's in the proposal; you'll always defend trading away anybody from the Stars, even Don Sweeney.

Old
11-23-2003, 09:21 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
Anyone who wears a Dallas jersey has heaven-like potential, don't they M=G? It doesn't matter who's in the proposal; you'll always defend trading away anybody from the Stars, even Don Sweeney.
Sure sweety.. guess me not wanting to do Morrow for Havlat gives you the reason to critize me, while in fact you are one of those pathetic Flame homers who feel Pitkanan, Gagne, Williams is still not enough for Iginla.

You are such a sad person.

Old
11-24-2003, 03:01 AM
eazye

How is Arnott in the faceoff circle. Ottawa DESPERATELY needs a centerman who can win some faceoffs. I think every center is like 30% on faceoff draws.
Actually forget about players, What about a Dave Tippett for Jacques Martin trade?? I've had enough of Jacques catch phrases "NO DOUBT....FROM A PERSPECTIVE..!!!!!

Old
11-24-2003, 03:06 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye
How is Arnott in the faceoff circle. Ottawa DESPERATELY needs a centerman who can win some faceoffs. I think every center is like 30% on faceoff draws.
Actually forget about players, What about a Dave Tippett for Jacques Martin trade?? I've had enough of Jacques catch phrases "NO DOUBT....FROM A PERSPECTIVE..!!!!!
Arnott is solid in the faceoff circle, possible even our best one. However, faceoffs in general is also a problem for the Stars. And I doubt you want Tippet, personally..

Old
11-24-2003, 07:50 AM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Dallas wouldnt get rid of niko, and they shouldnt, i dont like this deal, even but not good.

Old
11-24-2003, 08:02 AM
Other Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan18
Just for fictional use, give the 2 teams a major shake-up:

To dallas:
Bonk and Havlat
I'm not a bonk hater either.

To Ottawa:
Arnott and Morrow
IMO this is a terrific trade for Ottawa, and I don't blame M=G for pooh-poohing it. I like both Bonk and Havlat, but I have questions about Havlat's committment to Martin's system, his loyalty to the team, and his injury history.

Other Dave

Old
11-24-2003, 08:22 AM
kidchrome

IMO: Havlat and Rachunek for Arnott and Morrow. I think Bonk is too valuable to throw away(so is Havlat for that matter), but I would rather trade potential and I am still not sold on Havlat showing up every night. We have enough d-men to do the deal and I would love Both Dallas guys in a Sens jersey. Arnott is a true playoff guy and give em a pick if need be.....We want Morrow!!!!

Old
11-24-2003, 08:23 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Dave
IMO this is a terrific trade for Ottawa, and I don't blame M=G for pooh-poohing it. I like both Bonk and Havlat, but I have questions about Havlat's committment to Martin's system, his loyalty to the team, and his injury history.

Other Dave
Actually, that trade seems fair and adressing the Sens most urgent needs, however, even though it's probably fair, I don't really see why the Stars should pull the trigger on this one.

There are two different sides, one:

Morrow is a left winger and probably the only current youngster with top line potential in the entire Stars organisation. Add that he plays a very well-rounded game and already wearing an A, I can't really find a single reason why we should trade him. Even though it's for a far more talented winger with more offensive upside. He's a righty, a position which is currently stacked (Lehtinen, Guerin, Young, DiMaio, Tjarnqvist, Downey).

But on the other hand:

At the same time, it's (rightwing) also a position we seem to lack for the future, but judging on the Stars latest trade, they are still trying to contend now and ignore most of the future, righfully so. So maybe they wouldn't value that all too much. The Stars have Morrow, Ott, Miettinen, Jokinen and Polak as left wingers, whereas after trading away Ryan and Aquino, they have zero to zilch talent among right wingers. Trading for a young star like Havlat would really help this team's balance down the road. Also, Steve Ott, who plays a somewhat simular game should replace most of Morrow's attributes and contribution. He's also a lefty and already possesses extreme leadership qualities.

I am kinda stuck in between, I love Morrow's game, and we'd have a higher chance of winning with him then with Havlat, but probably vice versa in 2, 3 or 4 years.

Bonk for Arnott is basicly a waste, both have played extremely well so far but I kinda want to stick with Arnie since we haven't quite seen him at his best (playoffs) at full health. Both are very inconsistant so the frustrating factor wouldn't change either.

It's a very fair deal, but it's adressing the Sens needs more then the Stars'.

Old
11-24-2003, 08:28 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
Oh yeah, and Denis Gauthier is worth more than Tanguay

M=G has every right to not want to trade Morrow right now. The guy is one of the few Stars playing with heart, and excelling at both ends of the ice. He plays an extremely physical game, but he can score as well. What more could you want from a guy??? Havlat is a better scorer, but he doesn't bring as much to the table as Morrow does, this years contract negotiations should tell you that much....

Closed Thread